Options
    Working after deadlifts = no bueno

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22572-1374883923-4.gif
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Working after deadlifts = no bueno

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22572-1374883923-4.gif

This was me after boxing class on Wednesday. Seriously was worried I wouldn't have the arm strength to turn the steering wheel well enough to drive home.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Love Tina--
    valentines-bobs-burgers-tina-belcher-01.jpg

I love this!! :heart: Tina
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mornin', ladies! Did everyone have a decent Friday/Valentine's Day? My DH and I don't usually do much for VD, but he gave me a small barbell charm on a silver chain. I love it! Then, we went to the gun range and did some shooting practice. How else would you spend Valentine's Day in Texas??? :laugh:

How many of us are jealous of Stef and her warm vacation? At least it's warmed up here. I'm so, so done with the cold. I live in Houston for a reason! We had the 8th coldest January on record. Time for some sunshine!!!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    My weekend has been cleaning windows, making cupcakes with the 4 year old, eating them of course, weeding, sweeping, moving 25kg bags of gravel around and generally making the outside of the house look good. I was so stiff when I woke up! We did get out for lunch today and I had steak burger and chips :-)
  • jstout365
    Options
    Busy weekend for me too. We don't have any weeds to pull yet, at least not that I can see since we still have 6 inches of snow on the ground. Hubby and I got to boil down another 30 gallons of maple sap to make maple syrup. We got just over half a gallon out of it, but it was a nice day of cutting wood, throwing wood into the fire, and watching the sap boil in our kettle. Today is just prepping food for this week, laundry, and general cleaning.

I let my diet get away from me a bit the past two weeks so bringing that back into focus. Decided to do 3 weeks on of logging then one off. Really, it is honestly my least favorite thing about focusing on weight.
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    I've been reading Laura ingalls wilder to my girls, love that you actually get to do some of that! She was my heroine as a small child :-)
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Had a weekend in Blackpool as a post valentines treat with the OH - allegedly there was a gym in the hotel. I was going to look for it but I kept finding bars lol! I have so much stuff to do both inside and out of mu house. Trying to do one space at a time, but finding the money and time is still tough! Going to do as much as I can myself though and just keep working on it, and try and fit time in to get to the gym too.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Anyone here a NASCAR fan? My youngest son won a contest Texas Motor Speedway had on Twitter, to meet the winner of the Daytona 500. He invited me to be his +1, so I'm leaving work in a bit to drive to Austin to meet Dale, Jr. :happy:
  • jstout365
    Options
    Anyone here a NASCAR fan? My youngest son won a contest Texas Motor Speedway had on Twitter, to meet the winner of the Daytona 500. He invited me to be his +1, so I'm leaving work in a bit to drive to Austin to meet Dale, Jr. :happy:

AWESOME!!!!!! Have fun and enjoy the experience!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    okay..I am never ever ever gonna go 11 days without lifting ever ever again...

DOMS hello...and yah first time since I started lifting...

I was doing a lot of bodyweight exercises before that....

My husband mentioned dehydration...anyone heard that?

I mean I tried to drink water on vaca but it was normally rum...banana mama's nom nom..and I didn't drink enough water yesterday...

Holy crappers this hurts..just my legs tho.:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Just checking in here to say hello. Last week, I was only able to get 2 of my lift sessions in, and on my Saturday morning one I started to feel a strain in right forearm when I stabilized the barbell coming down from my OHPs. Also, I am feeling some rotator cuff tendonitis, so aside from squats I have been taking it a little easy.

Energy level has been down due to stuff going on in my life--hubby is sick, kiddo had to deal with some major disappointment--but I did get to participate in a 3 day startup simulation exercise. On the one hand it was awesome, but on the other hand it took a lot out of this introvert!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl in the gym yesterday doing some kind of mini power clean type things - she is my new hero, tossing that bar around like it was nothing while I was fighting to get my dumbells up lol
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    struggling at the moment. attention is not on food and exercise, weekends seem to be carb city. probably not helped by having to take Friday off unexpectedly, then making chelsea buns with Hannah! viewing on Saturday but expecting it to go nowhere (given it takes about half a day min to prep the house, this is getting frustrating!).. trying to be patient but not very good at it. Lifting has taken a back seat but I miss it, trying to do M/W/F this week.

having said that today's eating isn't off to a great start with homemade raisin toast for breakfast rather than my usual tub o' yogurt! o protein, where art thou?!

/rant
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    hang in there Lydia sometimes life just wants to get in the way. Good luck with the house viewing :smile:
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Okay. Winter can go away now. My office closed early and thus the gym closed early as well. All I wanted to do was go lift! Blergh.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm done with winter too. Saturday was in the 80s and sunday went to 20s with snow. 80 is not a typo - we were wearing shorts. :noway: Cold weather makes me want to curl under blanket and munch.
  • hananah89
    Options
    I just ordered some liquid grip! Too bad it won't get here by next DL day so will have to wait till next week. Next to order, fractional plates!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some liquid grip! Too bad it won't get here by next DL day so will have to wait till next week. Next to order, fractional plates!

You won,t regret the liquid grip! I probably shoulda used some today in fact haha. So glad I finaly found a set of fractionals that wasn't 90$, too! So much money for such a small thing!

I think my next purchase will be a solid resistance band set (loops, not with handles) to do assisted pull-ups with. Or maybe a sandbag. Sandbag training looks awesome! Hehe ^^ But I've spent enough money on stuff for the moment lol...
  • hananah89
    Options
    It's crazy how fast you can get wrapped up in buying fitness things. I have to keep an eye on race fees, shoes, equipment, clothes, etc.!