Chat thread

Options

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I could be the youngest one here, I graduated high school...6 years ago?
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I could be the youngest one here, I graduated high school...6 years ago?

Oh you young'uns always rubbing it in...:laugh: I graduated about 22 years ago and have managed to keep away from all the reunion bs. High school was fun but I don't think I ever want to see any of those people again!

And cheers to all the lifterversaries out there! :drinker: I'm only about 3 months in so a while yet to go for me.
  • hananah89
    Options

Oh you young'uns always rubbing it in...:laugh: I graduated about 22 years ago and have managed to keep away from all the reunion bs. High school was fun but I don't think I ever want to see any of those people again!

And cheers to all the lifterversaries out there! :drinker: I'm only about 3 months in so a while yet to go for me.

It's hard to still feel young when I work for the university I attended. And live in the town as well. All these kids getting in my way, making my commute worse, causing crowds...haha

And yes, I forgot to say congrats to all yall! I'll be a year lifting in August!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    24 years from high school for me and I can fit in my prom dress again...Yah.

Our class hasn't had one reunion...snobby brats...oh well no worries I wouldn't have went to my 10th...20th yes I would have as I was married then...to a younger man...hehe..speaking of which...here is a laugh for you...

I got a mail the other day here on MFP telling me that "MY SON" in my profile pic was such a cutie...and wow this and blah that...she was 26...with a smile I sent her back a message and let her know that he wasn't my son he was my husband and yes he is a cutie and closer to her age than mine....:drinker: but that I did have a son who is not married...closer to her age...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

congrats to all the anniversaries...and Fit we will celebrate 15months, 16months etc...just for you...:bigsmile:

ETA: I have to say reading this thread and the workout check in one is the highlight of my day...each day I get to read it...you guys always make me smile and happy I found this group. No drama, no bs just fun and lifting....
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Stef, that's too funny! And, I'm in for celebrating for Fit. I also enjoy coming here every day and seeing awesome lifting numbers. I enjoy reading all the questions and learning from them and sometimes even being able to answer some.

Here's to all us BAMF's!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks friends!!!
    ETA: I have to say reading this thread and the workout check in one is the highlight of my day...each day I get to read it...you guys always make me smile and happy I found this group. No drama, no bs just fun and lifting....
    Edited by SezxyStef On March 7, 2014 4:22 PM

Stef, that's too funny! And, I'm in for celebrating for Fit. I also enjoy coming here every day and seeing awesome lifting numbers. I enjoy reading all the questions and learning from them and sometimes even being able to answer some.

Here's to all us BAMF's!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Totally agree with these. I love seeing everyones lifting progress. It's one of the things that keeps me sane when I injure myself and can't train. (I'm super clumsy so this seems to happen often:blushing: ) I also love being apart of a great supportive environment. When I meet women IRL that say they don't have confidence I just tell them to start lifting!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    sometime's it's more like..

tumblr_my4rtjVCcv1rvn6njo1_500.gif

or even

tumblr_mx54m5RM1N1rvn6njo1_500.gif

but I think this is my favourite!

243.gif.pagespeed.ce.7iu4DOgOsA.gif

head is spinning now....
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    24 years from high school for me and I can fit in my prom dress again...Yah.

Our class hasn't had one reunion...snobby brats...oh well no worries I wouldn't have went to my 10th...20th yes I would have as I was married then...to a younger man...hehe..speaking of which...here is a laugh for you...

I got a mail the other day here on MFP telling me that "MY SON" in my profile pic was such a cutie...and wow this and blah that...she was 26...with a smile I sent her back a message and let her know that he wasn't my son he was my husband and yes he is a cutie and closer to her age than mine....:drinker: but that I did have a son who is not married...closer to her age...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

congrats to all the anniversaries...and Fit we will celebrate 15months, 16months etc...just for you...:bigsmile:

I loved your response, Stef. :drinker: Cracked me up.

25 year high school reunion here. And this month is my 2 year lifting anniversary. I started out with 5 & 10lb dumbbells and an irrational fear of deadlifts. I guess I've come a long way. :bigsmile:
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    When I meet women IRL that say they don't have confidence I just tell them to start lifting!

I do the same thing, Tree. Lifting changed my life :heart:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Ugh, a weekend of the forums where it seemed like people were like:

I+choose+to+believe+what+I+was+programmed+to+believe.jpg
  • hananah89
    Options
    Jstout: then I'm glad I was out enjoying the spring weather rather than inside staring at the forums dumbfounded at the stupid.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I finished college, equivalent to your high school age in 2001 so 12 years here, blimey didn't realise it had been that long lol

I love being a part of this group seeing ppls progress and all basically being BAMF!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    k call me lazy but...one of the things that isn't that great about lifting is when you don't want to lift the groceries out of the trunk and your husband looks at you and laughs and makes you do it anyway...

Damn it...

I lift weights I shouldn't have to lift the groceries too...:sad:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    k call me lazy but...one of the things that isn't that great about lifting is when you don't want to lift the groceries out of the trunk and your husband looks at you and laughs and makes you do it anyway...

Damn it...

I lift weights I shouldn't have to lift the groceries too...:sad:

hey, consider yourself lucky you have someone to help you with them in case of too many bags. You should see the setup I get into sometimes trying to take it all in at once xD There's always a box or a bag that breaks on me and forces me to do a second trip D:
  • hananah89
    Options
    I use reusable bags-you can fit more in them and they are more durable for groceries! Even if I forget the bags, they stay in my car so I just load the plastic ones into them to consolidate. Still fun doing it myself up to the 3rd floor apt...

What's funny to me is we have to carry these heavy suitcases when we travel for work (background: they are full of paper surveys for students at schools we visit) and whenever I have one and go to load it in the trunk, my coworker acts like he needs to help me. He is by no means strong looking (he's a gamer type), I think its out of just being polite, but I just want to say "I don't need help, I can DEADLIFT" (even when I'm in heels!)
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've been really pissed at myself, because I can't seem to get back on track with my eating and logging. My meals haven't been bad, just my raging sweet tooth! My weight has gone up about 2 lbs, give or take, since January. Not bad, but not good.

Tuesday, when I put on my pants for work, they didn't have that "just washed, fresh out of the dryer" tightness they normally have. I put on a pair of shorts after work (yay for warmer weather!) and they were definitely looser than a couple of weeks ago. This morning, I decided to take my measurements, and I'm glad I did!

Natural waist -1.5
    Belly button -1.25
    Under bra -.5
    Hips -.25

More proof the scale is a lying P.O.S. (to quote jstout)! Why can't I stay off the stupid thing? I'd hide it, but I know DH won't let me. He's lost 35-40 lbs over the last year and weighs every morning. I need to start ignoring it's calls for me to step on it!

Doing the happy dance!!! :bigsmile:
  • jstout365
    Options
    More proof the scale is a lying P.O.S. (to quote jstout)!

:drinker: I say that so often and I know people don't believe me until they see it for themselves.
  • jstout365
    Options
    Here is a great blog that I think many of us can relate to.

http://www.soheefit.com/30-signs-youre-a-fitness-chick/
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    More proof the scale is a lying P.O.S. (to quote jstout)!

:drinker: I say that so often and I know people don't believe me until they see it for themselves.

haha I love that line...I actually just bought a scale but not for me...for my son...he has decided he's had enough too...I stare at it and think..."I want to use you but you just can't treat me right..." sort of like when I was single and there was a cute guy at the pub...hehe :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile: so I just walk away....most of the time....:laugh: just like at the pub...

and to top it all off my DH is lifting again...Yah a house full of lifters..what more could a woman ask for???
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Here is a great blog that I think many of us can relate to.

http://www.soheefit.com/30-signs-youre-a-fitness-chick/

lololol IM DYING!!! I don't know why I find this so funny