Mar 21-31 Check in

Options

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    March 21
    Green: NO - Mexican and Margarita dinner. Yum!
    Total/Goal: 16/27

March 22
    Green: NO - PB&J on crackers late night binge.
    Total/Goal: 16/27

March 23
    Green: Yes - Chevy Style!
    Total/Goal: 17/27

I did have a great workout at the gym on the 22nd, but it just wasn't enough to cover all of the peanut butter!
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    March 23rd
    Green: Yes
    Total: 23/30

Blue: Yes
    Total: 23/31

March 24th
    Green: Yes, barely
    Total: 24/30

Total: 24/31

@debbie7373 and @Jbharwood thank you :flowerforyou:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @miridai - well done - ☆•*¨*•☆ - does this qualify you to teach??

@Jbharwood - I disabled the fitbit negative thingy - it was depressing me way tooooo much.

@kawookie - hope things are improving with your father

20th: Green: Yes (with 91 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 13/25
    Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 20/25

21st: Green: Yes (with 310 to spare - lots of exercise add back)
    Total/Goal: 14/25
    Total/Goal: 21/25

22nd: Green: Yes (with 51 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 15/25
    Total/Goal: 22/25

23rd: Green: Yes (with 212 to spare - exerciser again!!)
    Total/Goal: 16/25
    Total/Goal: 23/25

24th: Green: Yes (with 22 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 17/25
    Total/Goal: 25/25

It's late and I'm tired - spent today running around preparing for my session at the village youth club tonight. Then had fun working with some very noisy juniors making Rocky Road - very tasty!!!!
    I missed my workout at the gym ^^^^ - and no Pilates tomorrow as I'm waiting for a builder to come to quote me for some work. Aaaarrggh!!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    March 24th

Total: 24/28

Total: 22/28

Blue is getting a little easier, trying to drink a bottle of water on the way to work which seems to start make the rest of the day that much easier.
    Side note; agreed to do a Sprint Tri on June 1st with co-workers. Did my first real swim today in about 20 years, I have a lot of work ahead of me:cry:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    March 24
    Green - yes - Chevy style
    23/29

Blue - yes
    24/31

Ate back a few calories of my weekend deficit.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    March 24

21/28
    24/31

@debbie -- I strongly suggest making yourself snack baggies that you can grab when you want to snack. That way when the bag is gone you have to get up to get another one. There is something that psychologically works for me about knowing that the bag is a portion (and how many calories the bag is) and when it is gone, it is gone.

@scherzie - I find it easier to drink water if I just switch to exclusively water after the morning is over. Drinking water with lunch, dinner, working out and all evening makes it fairly simple to get 8 or more glasses in a day.

@K80flec -- Dad made it through his pacemaker surgery. It looks like they are upgrading (improving) his health status which puts all the rehab care in question -- I mean he will get it, but he might be able to skip acute care and go straight to skilled nursing with therapy.
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    March 24
    Total/Goal: 18/27

Good workout at the gym after work today. I needed to relieve some stress, but sadly it just wasn't enough to make it go away for more than the hour I was there.

Just pulled a batch of mini breakfast quiches out of the oven. Trying to get my protein up in the morning even when I'm on the run, which is always.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    March 24- Green, yes. Nice deficit with boot camp, zumba toning and plenty of steps.
    Blue- yes

Sulyha- my instructor did an Insanity class Saturday mornings. I hated it!!!! But I went because I figured since it was hard, it was a good challenge.

Kawookie- Good advice for Debbie. I have to measure stuff out and when it's gone, it's gone and thanks to this challenge, I rarely go back for seconds or worse, thirds.

*****************spreadsheet updated********************
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    March 24
    Total/Goal: 19/27

Total/Goal: 24/31

@kawookie..... Thank you for the great suggestion about the snack bags! I'm going to give it a try! I've got to get this under control. I don't understand why I'm getting so hungry close to bed time. Maybe its not even hunger. Could be stress??
  • Ksamprasa
    Ksamprasa Posts: 24
    Options
    So, my computer had to go into the apple store and my phone app doesn't let me leave comments.

Date: 3/18
    Green: YES
    Total/Goal: 12/25

Blue: YES
    Total/Goal: 9/25

Date: 3/19

Total/Goal: 10/25

Date: 3/20

Total/Goal: 11/25

Date: 3/21

Total/Goal: 12/25

Date: 3/22
    Total/Goal: 16/25

Date: 3/23
    Total/Goal: 17/25

Date: 3/24
    Total/Goal: 18/25

*I'm under my calorie count, but barely seeing the scale move. I need to exercise more, but I've been on vacation and not feeling great and just haven't been able to kick myself into gear. I got a Groupon today for some workouts, so I'm hoping that will kick things into gear.

**Kawookie - Glad your dad made it through the surgery. Hope the recovery goes well.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    March 24
    Total/Goal: 20/25

Total/Goal: 24/31
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3/23
    Green; Yes

3/24

3/25
    Green: Yes (Total 22/28)
    Blue: Yes (Total 25/31)

I too am eating at my calories and not seeing much / any movement on the scale. Part of it is my food choices...I have been on a serious sugar kick lately and I feel like I am off balance. Just very hungry...though, I know it is not real hunger. I need to stop eating ANY of my exercise calories and I need to step up the exercise. I have had a lot of hours at work---a lot of later nights and long days, I can simply NOT comprehend staying later to go straight to the gym and I can't stand the idea of being at work one moment longer to use that gym. I am maxed out on vacation time and if I don't start taking it, I will be losing it.

With the foster pups, they really seem to need a lot of attention - so with longer days and better weather, I am trying to walk them daily--it's good for them and good for me. I have adjusted my fitbit goal to the high end of "moderately active" (7500). I figure if I can make this number a habit then when I do go back to Zumba I will max it out. I think part of my long term success is going to be NOT making exercise my life, but making it FIT IN with what my life is.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    March 25th

Total: 25/28

Total: 23/28
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    March 25
    green - yes
    24/29

blue - yes
    25/31

Kawookie - glad your dad made it through the surgery.

Those struggling with the scale moving, keep it at. You'll get there eventually.

Good grief what a long, long day at work. The Big Big Boss decided that he needed to come and babysit us while the Big Boss is moving into a new house. Or maybe he was actually trying to solve a couple of problems, but if he was, I don't think he accomplished much. He did drive me to a small frosty at lunch...it fit in my calories, but that's annoying.
  • Ksamprasa
    Ksamprasa Posts: 24
    Options
    Date: 3/25
    Total/Goal: 19/25

Blue: No

Rough day. Work was really hard and I didn't eat breakfast 'til noon, didn't work out, didn't drink water...sucky. But there were some good things about today, so I'll focus on that. MUST DRINK MORE WATER. Sigh...
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mon Mar 24
    Green- No
    16/25

Water-yes, 23/30

Tue Mar 24
    Green- Yes, if I don't go back in the kitchen
    17/25

Water-Yes, 24/30

Felt lazy and grumpy yesterday and my calories show it. Better today. Stopped at the gym after work and swam a mile (36 laps).
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    March 25
    Green: NO
    Total/Goal: 18/27

A big, fat, emotional eating, binging NO. I actually put peanut butter on top of moose tracks frozen yogurt. I'm going to have to go to PBAA (Peanut Butter Addicts Anonymous) if this keeps up!!:grumble:
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    3/25- Green-yes
    Blue- yes

Not a great food day at all for me. I over slept for work. Skipped my breakfast. Fell victim to a cookie and a piece of cake at a staff meeting at 8pm. Had a baked potato and not a whole lotta protein for dinner. I was just all out of whack!

*****************spreadsheet updated******************
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    March 25
    Total/Goal: 21/25

Total/Goal: 25/31
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    25th
    Total: 25

Total: 25

26th
    Total: 26

Total: 26

@kawookie in Slovakia if you want to teach at a state school, you need to either study a programme at a pedagogical faculty focused on the subjects you would like to teach and teaching theory or, as it was in my case, after completing specialized studies, you can just take a 2-year course in psychology and pedagogy and pass a state exam :smile:

@k80flec as explained above, it qualifies me to teach in state-funded schools, though it´s just a back-up plan for me