• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    March 26
    Green - yes
    25/29

Blue - yes
    26/31

A software upgrade that makes a basic task of my job take 4-6 hours longer to complete is not actually an upgrade. So glad I am on vacation next week.
  • kaylamcdougall12
    Options
    March 22nd:
    Green- yes (21/25)
    Blue- yes (19/25)

March 23rd:
    Green-yes (22/25)
    Blue- yes (20/25)

March 24th:
    Green- yes (23/25)
    Blue- yes (21/25)

March 25th:
    Green-yes (24/25)
    Blue- yes (22/25)

March 26th:
    Green-yes (25/25)-- WOO
    Blue- yes (23/25)

Busy busy week. Looking very forward to the weekend.
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    March 25
    Green: No
    Total/Goal: 19/27

Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 25/31

March 26
    Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 20/27

Total/Goal: 26/31
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to announce our new medals and awards!

Gold Medal (18 days green):
    Bruceapple
    Debbie7373
    Jbharwood
    KaylaMcDougall
    Kawookie
    Ksamprasa
    Marjanet
    MelissaPhippsFeagin
    Miridai
    Twijourney
    R_Queenie

1d6b82bf-0899-46b2-b862-d4975d751a48_zps39d4e85a.jpg
    Previous winners: Scherzie

Gold award (18 days):
    Congratulations to:
    K80flec
    Kaylamcdougall
    Ksamprasa
    Melissaphippsfeagen
    Scherzie
    Sulyha

c795d1f6-b72b-4dca-bd65-2a01698e9a9d_zpsdbd79e07.jpg

Previous award winners: Bruceapple,Debbie7373, Jbharwood, Kawookie, R_Queenie

Silver Medal (10 days green):
    New silver medals:
    K80flec

74c158f1-d7d2-4e48-9c5d-2cee9a41d28f_zps5497e76f.jpg
    Previous metal winners: Bruceapple, Jbharwood, Kawookie, Kaylamcdougall12 Melissaphippsfeagin, Miridai, R_Queenie, RozieJones, Scherzie, sulyha, twijourney

Silver award (10 days):
    New award winner:
    Ksamprasa

4f5710f6-70d8-4e65-b176-b20b8e986823_zpsed8faffd.jpg

Previous award winners: Bruceapple, Kawookie,Kaylamcdougall12, Melissaphippsfeagin, Miridai, R_Queenie, Scherzie, Sulyha
  • kawookie
    Options
    March 25
    Blue: Yes

March 26
    Green: Chevy style green

General update: My dad seems to be doing as well as can be expected. He is awake and aware. He is annoyed that the hospital staff seem to have him de-prioritized. I was there yesterday and it took the staff over a half hour to come to prop him up even after three requests and two announcements for people to come help. He also told me that he asked for a bed pan and they made him do so many things (take pills, get his vitals, etc.) that by the time they offered him a bed pan he didn't need it. This is a top ranked hospital and it makes me very concerned for our elderly population as if this is the "best", I am scared for the people in places with poor reputations. We hope he can be transferred out of the hospital soon, but the paperwork seems to be dragging out forever.

Today I expect that I will go red as I have no time to exercise and we are going out tonight. My mom gave us tickets to the orchestra and we are going out to dinner in little italy before the concert. Unless my fitbit really adds back a lot of calories I will be in big trouble.

@Miridai - I didn't realize you are from Slovakia. I was lucky enough to do a day trip there when I was visiting Austria on a tour when I was 16. Wandering around Bratislava, I realized how horrible my education in world history truly was as the tour guide was mentioning things I had never heard about before. :blushing: I don't think my education has improved much, but at least I know how little I know. :laugh:

I know I owe a number of awards for diamond and even for goal -- I will try to get to them later today!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    March 26
    Total/Goal: 19/27

Crappy workout after work due to lack of sleep and my stupid injured foot. Took out my frustrations with frozen yogurt and way too much of it but managed to stay green thanks to exercise.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3/26

Green: Yes ---with a little bit of Chevy Style
    Total 23/ 28

Total 26/31

No workout...and pizza happened. So extra happy to have a green day! I did sign up for a Couch to 5K program that will begin in April! I am NOT much of a runner, so I am hoping to improve a bit!
  • kawookie
    Options
    I am pleased to announce our first person to goal for eating green!

Goal (your personal goal)
    Kaylamcdougall

b3b2c487-ca44-4a64-9060-27d34e55262a_zps20bdf618.jpg

Diamond Medal (25 days green)
    Also, these people have earned themselves our prestigious diamond award:
    Kaylamcdougall
    Melissaphippsfeagin
    Miridai
    Scherzie

bf162620-df7b-49c8-b227-63fc5c8dba20_zps0bd7db98.jpg

Diamond award (25 days)
    Congratulations for drinking 200 oz or more to:
    Bruceapple
    Debbie7373
    Jbharwood
    Kawookie
    Melissaphippsfeagin
    Miridai
    R_Queenie

fa7739be-58d2-47bb-aec5-aff4906e13ab_zps66ec54a1.jpg
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    March 27th

Total: 27/28

Total: 25/28
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    March 27
    Green - yes
    26/29

Blue - yes
    27/31

I am going to be sore tomorrow. I am coaching my 7 yo's soccer team. I haven't done soccer drills for years. Oh well, it's a mom's life I guess. I couldn't have done this in the fall.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3/27

Total 24/28

Total 27/31
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    3/26 Green-. Lots of exercise, lots of food :bigsmile:
    Blue- Yes

3/27 Green- No purposeful exercise (12 hr shift). REALLY HUNGRY. Managed to keep 77 Green calories. But I'm tempted to eat 'em.
    Blue- Yes

@ Melissa- That's so awesome you can keep up with your kids now at soccer practice. I bet they love it!

@ R_Queenie- Couch25k really eases you into it. You'll do fine!

@ Kawookie- I'm glad your dad is moving in the right direction. It is too bad about the sub-par nursing care :noway:

**********************spreadsheet updated********************

Kudos to all the medal winners and everyone sticking with this challenge. I think we rock!!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    March 26
    Green: YES
    Total/Goal: 22/25

Total/Goal: 26/31
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wed March 27
    Green-Yes
    18?/25

Blue-Yes
    26/30

Did the stationary bike. I am signed up for a sprint triathlon and the bike is definitely my weak spot! I will have to get beyond 7 miles in 35 minutes without my legs screaming! Course is 12 miles and there is a big hill at the end!

@twijourney: I too am addicted to peanut butter. Most days I leave it at a spoonful smeared on a piece of dark chocolate. Sometimes I add spoonfuls of it. I have even been known to put peanut butter on bacon. mmmm

@kawookie, so glad you are in the same vicinity as your dad and able to keep an eye out for him.

@ queenie, I cannot recommend C25K enough! It totally changed my ideas about exercise and I realized I could run after a lifetime of thinking I hated it. Don't try to skip ahead, it will get hard soon enough. I had to repeat a few weeks here and there, but kept at it and after 2.5 years I'm still running.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    March 27
    Green: NO
    Total/Goal: 22/25

Total/Goal: 27/31
  • kawookie
    Options
    March 27

Green: Not even close

Yesterday I had a crazy day - I left my house at 9 am knowing I would not be home again until after 9 pm. I drove to work, taught classes, did virtual conferences, walked to the hospital to see my dad, grabbed lunch, made dinner reservations, taught more classes, did my makeup in the bathroom at work to look nice for our "date" and discovered it was pouring and I had no umbrella. :noway:

So I walked in the rain to my car, drove to little Italy and discovered it was all street parking :grumble: Walked a large block from my car to the restaurant - ordered calamari (appetizer), eggplant parmesean and a rabbit balinese (husband's). I am sure my dinner was worth more than my calories for the day. :blushing: Then we went to the Cleveland Orchestra to hear Schumann's 4th and 2nd symphonies.

The best news is my dad was transferred out the hospital yesterday. He is now at a facility closer to us. Before they transferred him they took out his dialysis port because the kidney team determined he no longer needs dialysis! He still isn't swallowing, but they were giving him water and ginger ale and letting him suction it out of his mouth so his mouth would stay moist. Dad was SUPER happy about that. I hear he was laying down the law at his new place because the last few days the hospital workers have been too busy for him and he is beginning not to trust nursing staff to come when he requests assistance. I am pretty sure he will like the people at this facility as it has an awesome reputation in the community and you can't have this good of a reputation for 20 + years without earning it.

Oops, I wrote a book. Shutting up now. :laugh:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    25th: Green: Yes (117 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 18/25
    Total/Goal: 25/25

A revision here - it seems on the 24th I had 25/25 water !!! very clever.

26th: Green: Yes (with 81 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 19/25
    Total/Goal: 26/25

27th: Green: Yes (with 133 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 20/25
    Total/Goal: 27/25 (edited to correct typo)

@Miridai - That is similar to a Post Graduate Certificate in Education - so if it's your back-up, what do you really want to do?

@R_Queenie - fab that you've signe up for C25k - I'm sure you'll enjoy the challenge - excellent advice from @Sulya

@Melissa - kudous for the football coaching - WoW

@Kawookie - sometimes a book is what you need to write - to get stuff of your chest etc - But did you enjoy the concert and the Italian food??
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    March 28th

28/28

26/28
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    March 28
    green - yes
    27/29

blue - yes
    28/31

So glad my vacation started today. I left 215 problems there. I expect there to be another 215 additional ones when I go back on the 7th, but I don't care. We aren't even leaving town, just resting and gardening and maybe sneaking in some hiking. I need a mental break.