Options

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    April 4, 5, 6, 7
    Green: Yes
    Total: 7/27

As I'm doing a calorie cycling thing trying to figure out my "sweet spot" for calorie intake now that I am working out 3 to 4 days per week minimum, my diary may not always look green simply because I don't want to change the MFP settings every day. When I average my week though, I am still green. :happy:

Unfortunately I don't have time to comment on individual posts today so I'll just say a collective "Keep up the good work everyone!!".:flowerforyou:
  • BuffySlays2000
    BuffySlays2000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    April 6
    Total: 4/26

Blue: Yes
    Total: 6/30
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    April 7th

Total; 7/28

Total: 7/30
  • fionauu
    fionauu Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    4/6
    green: YES 6/30
    Blue: YES 6/30

today i was SOO hungry during work and walked all the way to tim hortons to get a snack. Thank god i got back to my senses and walked back to work without ordering anything. A little hunger never hurt anyone (thats a saying right? lol)

@Jbharwood I'm not sure about your pad thai. my restaurants dish of prawn pad thai was already in MFP for 850 i believe. I only half of it so at least i didnt completely destroy my day lol PS> thanks for posting the spreadsheet
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    4/7
    Green- Yes
    Blue- Yes

I had a schedule screw-up and missed my Zumba class, but I made it to Boot Camp and kept it green.

Way to go guys! One week down!!!!

**********************spreadsheet updated***********************
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Green: Yes---Chevy styled to the max!!!
    Total 5/28

Total 7/30

I've really got to start doing more than my fitbit steps!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    April 7

Green: YES!!!
    Total: 7/28

Blue: YES

I think my body is getting used to drinking all this water. I'm not running to the bathroom as much. Yippee! I'm planning on going for a run after work tomorrow. It's always hard for me to go in the evenings, but when I do I feel fantastic. It's all about the motivation and I have to say this group is SUPER motivating!

@jbharwood: thanks so much for all of your work on the spreadsheet! You rock!!!

@fionauu: I had one of those hungry work days today too! I was able to fight off temptation and stay in the green! If "a little hunger never hurt anyone" isn't a saying it should be.:laugh:

@iwannabeasuccessstory: I believe this is the full link for the spreadsheet...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtNrl6q7UrYTdEsxNVZWeW1kRFI5bENCZE1Rdk11WXc&usp=drive_web. Good luck. I hope it works. I just copied and pasted it in my browser. It's pretty cool to see how awesome everyone is doing!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    April 6

Green: Miraculously, yes with help from Chevy

April 7

Green: Yes, but with a lot of struggle
    Total: 6/28

Total: 7/31

Yesterday I thought I was going to be really, really red. Exercise completely saved my behind. I've been doing this video that claims to walk off a meal. It pretty much does the average lunch for me and that was helpful yesterday.

Today I completely miscalculated and ordered double blueberry pancakes. I went to put them in and they were 1200 calories! Eek. And that wasn't including the sausage. :sad: So I have worked hard to come back from the brink of an unplanned red. When will I learn not to assume!! :grumble:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @rQueenie -

what an awesome idea... What a fantastic visual! :smile:
    @ Chevy---my new Avatar is actually a visual reminder of what I have left to lose before I am at a healthy BMI. For every pound already lost there are small diamonds in the jar. For every pound left to lose there are large diamonds on the tray. As I lose a pound I add them to the jar. Empty tray = healthy BMI.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    April 7
    green - yes
    6/30

upped my cals as a precaution, I reported my need to use my rescue inhaler & my doc called in steroids. UGH...here comes the hunger. OTOH...here comes the blessed oxygent. Trade offs, but I want to stay green so I am gving myself 100 extra calories/day.

Everyone have a good one!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @kawookie - Glad I could help! :bigsmile:

Monday April 7th

GREEN! - 6/7

Blue - 7/7

starting the old - "Get up before 6 AM and workout routine" - It is the only way I am going to consistently make exercise a habit. (Fortunately.. I Looooovvvveee to work out!)
  • April 7

Green: no
    6/20

7/30

Well, today was the first day off of work other than me answering the phones until 10am because no one thought about forwarding them to work when they get there at 8am and I had called and called and called to force them to take them >:( and then calling me throughout the day to bother me.... I was nice enough to pass along the messages and then I did not pick up the phone after that because I told them I "desperately need this off day" as my white hairs everywhere can attest to (I'm not even 30 yet). Well, I made this day a feast to remember. I gorged on so much junky, delicious food all day between catching up on sleep (must've slept for 12 hours not including in the evening). I don't regret anything, I feel physically better from finally sleeping and mentally better from my food feast.

Not that I want to make the fat fest a ritual, but for once, I don't feel guilty about it. I've been working my butt off in every aspect and I'm ready to jump back into it. Thank you hair dye.

Chevy, getting up with the chickens huh? Great way to avoid excuses not to workout.

Melissa, I hope the inhaler wasn't from over exerting yourself. We all want you to be green AND healthy. Take care of yourself and we'll see you on the green side :)

Kim, you are doing fantastic even with the surprise order of breakfast. I think us normal people, eh and not so normal, don't enjoy leaving the comfort of the couch to exercise, but gotta keep your goals in mind and keep your future self in mind too. Keep it up!

Rlstepp, hooray, toilet nsv :) seriously though, glad your body is adjusting to being hydrated. Can't go back now!

Thanks for the spreadsheet link guys, it took me a minute to get there on my phone, but I didn't give up and now I can see everyone's journey with me!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    April 7
    Green: YES
    Total: 5/25

• BuffySlays2000
    BuffySlays2000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    April 7
    Total: 5/26

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    5th: Green: No (minus 424 - a serious NO)
    Total/Goal: 4/25
    Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 5/25
    2.17 miles on the stationary bike. Home made Chinese Sticky wings, ribs and Nasi Goreng - gorgeous and very kc expensive. Managed my 15K though.

6th: Green: Yes (with 37 to spare)
    Total/Goal: 5/25
    Total/Goal: 6/25
    5.1 miles on the stationary bike, a visit to friends with two of the cutest little girls where I got to play at facepainting followed by a fabulous walk along the prom - where running towards us were people on the return leg of the Blackpool Marathon - they looked worn out!!!

7th: Green: Yes (a Chevy coming in at minus 54)
    Total/Goal: 6/25
    Total/Goal: 7/25
    1.95 on the stationary bike, a circuit day at the gym followed by volunteering at the village youth club. Made chocolate nests out of shredded wheat - they are AWFUL - but the mini eggs were delightful!!

@MelissaPhipps - glad the 5k went well and you almost made your time goal - but being the good samaritan was an important thing for you to do. Hope you're feeling less bronchial now.

@Mrslaura - YaY to the treadmil miles.

@ristepp29 - well done staying green - your'e so right, it is a challenge doing it without your exercise calories to provide a cushion. Fab work with the running.

@ktaylormusic - 6k steps are not to be sniffed at - they may not have been your goal for the day, but they were a good distance. Well done on the weights!! I must admit that I'm bereft if I forget to put my fitbit on - all those wasted steps!!!! I love your description of a nourishing meal.

@iwanttobeasuccess - WTG - walking out of the red zone - the things we do to earn our treats!! Trekking to the park is an improvement on getting your steps in around the house (where you may be inclined to notice jobs that need doing). Running up and down the stairs is my fall back.

@michelle - we all work at this at our own pace and it looks like you're off to a good start. 5 for 5 on the green and blue challenge. I love your avatar. \O/ ☆☆☆ \O/ Well done to @laura and @scherzie for their perfect streak too.

@fionauu - another perfect streak - well done. Maybe the endorphins from the walk to the store helped you overcome temptation LOL

@miridai - no mention of trampolining for days - have I missed it???

@Jbharwood - how wonderful - learning to forgive ourselves is such an important stage for our growth - it's the not forgiving ourselves that enables us to set ourselves up to fail. (I hope that makes sense).

@Chevy - hope the foot is feeling better, and yes the seafront is my 'go to' place in the winter. I'm near some beautiful hills - but I'm not into mudbaths/slides which is what the paths become!!

@R_Queenie - your a rock and your amazing - you regularly prove to Pizza that you're in charge - and this Master Blaster will have to learn the same lesson!! You're so funny - did you wear your jammies to work???

@twijourney - well done on achieving a green week average - perhaps there needs to be a seperate line on the spreadsheet for you to record weekly blocks and your average greens????

@Kawookie - double blueberry pancakes?? Joking apart - well done on exercising your way into the green zone - you work that balancing act so well!!

Well done everyone for achieving so much. And a big thanks to our moderators for all their hard work.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    April 8th

Total: 8/28

Total: 8/30

Water is getting much easier, been shooting for 20 ounces on the way to work in the morning and when I get that in there doesn't seem to be a problem with the rest of the day:drinker:
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    April 1
    Total: 1/30

Total: 1/30

April 2
    Green: yes
    total 2/30

Blue : yes
    total 2/30

April 3
    Green: yes
    total 3/30

Blue: yes
    Total 3/30

April 4
    Green yes
    Total 4/30

Blue yes
    total 4/30

April 5
    Green yes
    total 5/30

Blue yes
    total 5/30

April 6
    green yes
    total 6/30

blue yes
    total 6/30

April 7
    green yes
    total 7/30

blue yes
    total 7/30

April 8
    green yes
    total 8/30

blue yes
    total 8/30
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    April 8
    Green. Yes
    8/30
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I think I'm a bit behind:

April 6,7 and 8

GREEN: Yes (8/25)
    BLUE: Yes (8/30)

12000+ steps today! I was only at 7000something and so when I dropped my daughter off at choir instead of doing miscellaneous errands that really weren't that vital, I walked! soaked up some daylight, and listened to a meditation on my phone as I went. WAAAAAYYYY better than errands, and makes me love my fitbit for how motivating it is.
This discussion has been closed.