What's everyone currently playing?

Options

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I play Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Saints Row the Third, Sniper Elite 3, Zombie Army Trilogy and Wolfenstein: the New Order because that's what my PC can handle.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Destiny, the Taken King -Xbox
  • coolskeleton95
    coolskeleton95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    FM 2016, Rocket League and Destiny are the only thing getting me through the month waiting for Dark Souls 3.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I tried Skyrim, I did. I picked it up during Steam's holiday sale and finally got around to trying and I just can't. The navigation alone made me want to slap my screen, let alone the lack of clear goals. It's very pretty, but dang.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I tried Skyrim, I did. I picked it up during Steam's holiday sale and finally got around to trying and I just can't. The navigation alone made me want to slap my screen, let alone the lack of clear goals. It's very pretty, but dang.

I wish it would run smoothly on my laptop or that it was available on the PS4. But I see what you mean. Coming from the insanely easy WoW that basically does the quests for you, I found it hard to get back to finding my own way around.
  • Afura
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

I wish it would run smoothly on my laptop or that it was available on the PS4. But I see what you mean. Coming from the insanely easy WoW that basically does the quests for you, I found it hard to get back to finding my own way around.

Part of what it was yeah. I'm a MMO gamer so being sent off into the wild to do my own thing gave me no real motivation. Besides finding shiny places. And getting my butt kicked.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's one of the many reasons I'm obsessed with GW2 - it's pretty AND the quests are easy to follow. When I get bored with one area's quests, I just go to another race's starting zone and continue on. Since it scales your level you can still do productive leveling at 70 in a level 10 zone. Plus, it's just so pretty! I've taken well over 1500 screen shots and I've only completed about 50% of the map.
  • Afura
    Options
    quzzdragon wrote: »
    That's one of the many reasons I'm obsessed with GW2 - it's pretty AND the quests are easy to follow. When I get bored with one area's quests, I just go to another race's starting zone and continue on. Since it scales your level you can still do productive leveling at 70 in a level 10 zone. Plus, it's just so pretty! I've taken well over 1500 screen shots and I've only completed about 50% of the map.
    Oh boy. I've at a stall point in LOTRO trying to finish up an area (you have to grind rep with only 5 quests and a handful of dailies for 4 different groups) so I've been wandering to different games when I can.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's really no grinding in GW2. :)
  • Calpheon
    Calpheon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Black Desert Online!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Still grinding at Destiny hoping my clan comes back on next week so i can get stuff done, also replaying mass effect trilogy on ps3 to try and get all trophies.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ...soon Dark Souls 3 will consume me.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Just started Bravely Default on the 3ds.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just started Stardew Valley last weekend. I have also been playing Kindgom Hearts Unchained X on phone.
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Still playing Guild Wars 2 quite often. Any fellow GW2 players on here?
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I just started Stardew Valley last weekend. I have also been playing Kindgom Hearts Unchained X on phone.

I really wish Square would stop putting half of a franchise on a cell phone, they did this with Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core in japan. At least port these things to handhelds, the 3ds can handle a good bit.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »

I really wish Square would stop putting half of a franchise on a cell phone, they did this with Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core in japan. At least port these things to handhelds, the 3ds can handle a good bit.

Yeah that would nice.
  • Snack_pak
    Snack_pak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    D3 and WoW mostly...
  • rowlandsw
    Options

Yeah that would nice.

But considering the butchering they're doing to FF7 to make a fortune off it as 3 separate games it's not going to happen. It's a shame that all the Japanese companies are turning into greedy copies of the US publishers.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Yeah that would nice.

But considering the butchering they're doing to FF7 to make a fortune off it as 3 separate games it's not going to happen. It's a shame that all the Japanese companies are turning into greedy copies of the US publishers.

Have they really come out to say anything more than it being multi-part? Does that mean episodic or actually 3 separate games? From their explanation it sure sounds like they have reason to split it up and doesn't really sound like a greed thing. They've stated that making it episodic will allow them to expand more on the experience and make it an even deeper game than the original. I personally am for that. If it was a shot-for-shot remake then I'd not really be interested in playing it.

I also don't think it's fair to assume Japanese companies are any different than any other country. I can point to plenty of Japanese companies who have been doing the "greedy" thing for a long while. Square Enix has been rereleasing their games for you to rebuy since the days of Playstation. You can buy the first few FF games probably no less than 5 different platforms by now. All companies are greedy :), it just so happens that fan appeasement is sometimes a good way to make money.