May 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would put the name of the person quoted with the quote. With my short term memory, I've forgotten a person's name by the time I hit the reply button.

Aside from my forgetfulness, it would make it easier for people to note when others have commented on their posts.

Just a whine,:sad:

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:

Ann

AnnofB, You wanna know my little trick to work around me having the same remembering the name issue, let alone remembering how to spell all these unique screen names when I can remember what it was??

I copy the screen name before clicking on the quote button. Then I paste it into my message. :tongue: . Easy peasy :laugh: lol

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Saturday:

4 DVD miles: 5 Day Slim Down (miles 1,3,4 & 5).

0 minutes: Walked outdoors today.

Goal for May: 40 miles, Continuing an emphasis on strength and outdoor minutes will change my usual mileage from previous months.

So far: 45.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 380 outdoor walking minutes

I'll be back tomorrow to check out the final postings to May!! You all are so amazing :flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Last walk for May...

3.5 miles at the park with the dogs

3 mile power walk with Leslie today.

115 miles with Leslie to date

59.5 miles outside to date

176.5 miles total to date

goal 100 ...yeah met my goal!

what a fantastic challenge! I really enjoyed it and seeing everyone progress! Looking forward to June!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal 65 Miles
    May 3 -- 2 Miles
    May 4 -- 2 miles of 5 Day Slim Down.
    May5 -- 2 Miles Belly Blasting Walk
    May 6 -- 4 Mile Super Challenge
    May 7- rest day
    May 8-- Mile 2 and 3 of 5 Day Slim Down. Also did some 30 Minutes to Fitness Strength with 8 and 10 lb weights. I almost have biceps now, haha.
    May 12- 3 Mile Power Walk
    May 16--2 miles Debbie Rocker Am Walking
    May 17--2 Miles, slow-shopping kind of walking
    May 18--1 mile slow shopping
    May 19-- 5 5 Day Slim Down. I did the 12 minute mile first cause I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy when I did finally get to it!
    May 20--4 4 Mile Super Challenge.
    May 21--4 4 miles of the 5 day slim down.
    May 22--2 miles Intervals with Debbie Rocker
    May 23 -- 3 miles with Debbie Rocker Walking for Weight Loss
    Mar 26 -- 2 miles
    May 27 -- 4 miles
    May 29 -- 3 miles
    May 30-- 3 miles
    May 31--5 mile

56 Miles as of May 31th

Close but no cigar as the old saying goes.
    Next month will be better!!

So many have reached and gone beyond their goal! Congrat's to you!! Great inspiration to keep pushing on!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Goal 100 miles Completed 87!!
    Woohoo!! Happy dance here folks! I did not include the dancing in the mileage here but honestly this was a blast.

Had I not done this challenge, I would never have walked this many miles in May, so I am thrilled with the results.

Thanks to each of your for writing in sharing your challenges, goals and insights. It made all the difference for me.
    Just knowing that others are out there pushing forward, well it was fun to be a part of the challenge.

Kudos to those who met and/or surpassed their goals! Fantastic!
    To those of us who kept up with the challenge but didn't meet the goal set well guess what, tomorrow is the first of June. Yippee! A new day. A new month.

Thanks again to all you walkers- a great group of encouragers.
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Last day of May. Where has this month gone? I have enjoyed walking with you all and reading everyone's progress.

Last night I was able to add a little bit more to my mileage. This evening I walked 3.60 miles outside. My goal for May was 110 miles. I walked a grand total of 116.06 miles this month! This group has pushed me to walk more than I ever thought possible. I look forward to next month.

Great walking everyone! You all are my inspirations! :flowerforyou:
  • ChaiyaChaiya21
    ChaiyaChaiya21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    well I walked 4 miles tonight bringing my total to 52 miles. my goal was 50. I think I can up my number for next month. But I am still proud of the good start.
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, sorry to have been so quiet recently.

22nd May four miles
    30th May six miles
    31st May four miles

My total for May was 68.57 miles out of a target of 100.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for May: 175 miles
    End of May: 143 miles
    Left: 33 miles

I had a few sick days in there, but tried my best :tongue:
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I didn't record my last LS walk, but I did end up doing 16 LS miles for the month of May (my goal was 15 LS miles) as well as walking in general and being more active. I also managed to increase time on my bike. I'm proud of my progress so far...

On to June!