Replies

• KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    \DEADLIFTS
    Warm Ups:
    95x5, 135x3, 175x1

Working Sets:
    200x2 -FINALLY attempted it and nailed it!!! It's a big deal for me to be in the "200 Club". :bigsmile: Also, I've been on a cut since January so this goes to show that you CAN get stronger while on a cut.
    That is fantastic, and you make it look so easy, (hehehe). Congratulations! :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Deadlifted 150 lbs yesterday! Also ran 15 minutes straight (no stopping). :bigsmile:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    We had summer preview weather yesterday, described as "tropical" (90 and humid) so I skipped being stuck inside a gym and wandered the neighborhood with the dog two separate times, since it was still 80 degrees out at 9pm! Actually, I was trying to wear him out so he'd sleep through the impending thunderstorm and not jump on me in the middle of the night; he's terrified of thunder and having an almost 80lb dog jump on your chest is not how I like to be woken up! :laugh:

Gonna do Workout B tonight after work.

@jstout - I just finished reading through the Strong Curves workouts; I can't wait to finish up with SL and try Strong Curves! While I enjoy the progress I'm making with SL, I'm bored out of my mind doing the same 6 lifts over and over and over...

@leadfoot - Congrats on hitting 200 for DL's!!

@llamapants - I'm sure you'll do just fine at your race. Keep at it!

@sbarella - Nice weight on the upright rows! Those were really hard for me when I first started with just the bar and it's taken me weeks to get comfortable with it.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    @katro - Yeah, SC will keep you moving around and doing something different all the time. I do find that I miss the power lifts a bit though. More of them are in the week 5-8 plans so I'll be fine in a few weeks.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    @cruisin_scrapper thanks for the idea. The mat really helped keep things in place. Now I am thinking if I can afford to get a bunch of actual rubber flooring for my "gym" area. It felt better to stand on and when I dropped a plate it didn't wake the whole house.

@katro I am a little jealous of your weather, but then I did the conversion and dang I don't think I could do much of anything (other than hang out on a patio with a cold drink ;) )

Todays workout A:
    Squats 3x5 150 lbs I still don't feel quite right on these so I am going to deload to 135 and work back up. I can't articulate what it is, and it could just be me being a chicken, but I think a deload before my race might be a good idea anyway.
    Bench 3x5 82 lbs woot woot finally
    Rows 1x4 @ 60 lbs then realised I don't have to go up by a whole 5 lbs. 2x5 @56 lbs felt much better than the 60

Accessories:
    Barbell Front Raises 2x8 1x7 12 lbs
    Flies 3x8 12.5 lbs
    One arm rows 3x8 26 lbs

I think it went well and I managed to do it before the kids were up.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday and great lifting ladies!!

@katro - Thanks! I kind of forgot about box jumps until everyone started talking about them on here, and although I worry for my shins, I do love them, so I'm attempting them after squat days in a Tabata-like form, 10 box jumps (20 sec) then 10 sec rest, repeat as many times as I can.

@dennie - Here's a Bret Contreras video on butt winking, maybe it'll help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fN3NhZ5Ifc

Welcome DoctorMcCoy!

@krok - I hate running with a runny nose, most annoying thing in the world. Hopefully it gets better soon!

@leadfoot - Awesome PR on the deadlifts!

@randomtai - yay on the running PR!

I ran stairs last night for the first time in ages, and holy crap, I coughed up a lung afterwards lol. The stairs we run are 10 flights of 10-12 stairs each, and I got up 6 flights and walked the last 4 twice, and then ran 6 flights and stopped. Then I went to another hill and did 4 hill sprints (30 sec sprints) with 2 min rest in between.

All I can say is I thought I was in decent shape cardio wise, but those damn stairs proved otherwise lol!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

Squats: warm up, 5x5@90
    Bench: warm up, 5x5@50
    BR: warm up, 5x5@60
  • jstout365
    Options
    Back to Strong Curves A for me:

Superset 1:

Barbell Glute Bridges 3x20 @ 70 lbs
    Single-arm bent over DB rows 3x8 (each) @ 35 lbs

Superset 2:
    Box squats 3x5 @ 100 lbs - feeling better with these
    incline DB bench press 3x8 @ 30 lbs

American Deadlifts 3x5 @ 120 lbs
    Cable standing abduction 1x20 @ 10 lbs
    RKC plank 60 seconds
    Side plank 30 seconds each side

And then I ran a mile in 9:16

Oh and I tacked on 15 push-ups for the Krok push-up challenge :drinker:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone has been doing great on their lifting! I just want y'all to know that it inspires me to read the numbers put up by you awesome ladies :flowerforyou:

I did workout on Wednesday, though I didn't post it. It was meh at best. Dealing with personal issues really had me out of kilter on Wednesday. On to today's workout:

Squats: 170 lbs 3x5
    OHP: 4-5-5 75 lbs. I didn't push hard enough on that first set to get the last rep up, so I'll repeat this again on Wednesday.
    Deadlift: 235 lbs 1x5 That's right, I got all of them b!tches up! I was standing in front of the barbell kind of breaking out in a cold sweat in anticipation of this weight. The mind is a crazy thing. I just finally had to tell myself, "you got this" and bent down and did it. I had to dig really dip for the last one, though, and was a little light headed afterwards lol.

Anyway, have a great weekend, ladies!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Yah! Wolfsbayne!!! 235 is Awesome!
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options

This
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This

x3
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

This

x3

x4, so awesome!
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    Thanks guys! It really helped me mentally to get that weight up.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies...and to all the Moms Happy Mother's Day

Headed to a lobster boil tomorrow night...so prelogged the lobster...I think it's the perfect food...for 1.5lb of meat it 630 calories and 140g of protien..add in the butter and some bread...perfect meal...hehe...we wont talk about the drinks tho.

Workout B for me today...so Yah for DL's.

Squats warmups 2x5@ 65, 2x5@85 working weight staying @ 145 tonight to ensure I wasn't leaning to far ahead (felt like I was Wednesday) 5x5 (actually might have been 5x6...:bigsmile: )

*it's funny I put that weight on my back and wonder How the hell I did 180lbs...:laugh:

OHP warmups 2x5@15, 2x5@35 working weight @ 88.5lb (I am sticking with Rippetoe's form. )
    3x5, 2x4...still a PR for me not gonna complain

DL warmups 1x5 @ 90 1x5@140 working weight @ 190lbs 1x5 gonna stay here next time I know my form was a bit off on rep 3/4
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Today did:

Squats: 2x5 bar, 1x5 @55, 5x5 @60
    OHP: 1x5 bar, 5x5 @50
    DL: straight into 1x5 @105
    Split squats: 2x10 @55, I go for speed on these

I think the guys are starting to recognize me now and one gave me "the nod" and another asked what I thought about the weight room music. lol... One guy was impressed by me doing DL, but I can't wait to go heavier and show off. Haha.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed about my low weights but I'm new to SL and a bit of a little weakling but here goes:
    Squat-warm up, bar only. 5x5 @ 55 lbs
    Bench press: warm up, bar only. 5x5 @ 55 lbs
    BB row: warm up, bar only. 2x5 @ 50, 3x5 @ 55, 2x4 @55.

Can't wait to DL on Monday.

:blushing:
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

I think the guys are starting to recognize me now and one gave me "the nod" and another asked what I thought about the weight room music. lol... One guy was impressed by me doing DL, but I can't wait to go heavier and show off. Haha.

Got to love it when you get the respect in the free weights! :flowerforyou:
    I'm a little embarrassed about my low weights but I'm new to SL and a bit of a little weakling but here goes:
    Squat-warm up, bar only. 5x5 @ 55 lbs
    Bench press: warm up, bar only. 5x5 @ 55 lbs
    BB row: warm up, bar only. 2x5 @ 50, 3x5 @ 55, 2x4 @55.

Can't wait to DL on Monday.

All of us started somewhere. You keep it up, you're doing great! Deadlift is my favorite lift even if it does mess with my head a little lol.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome doc.

Wtf is a butt wink? Maybe I don't wanna know lol.

Lazy workout today... But at least I went.

Squats 5x5 95 lbs
    Ohp 3x5 45 lbs
    Deads 1x5 95 lbs
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    The "butt wink" is essentially when your but "winks" (slides back/tucks under as you hit a certain low point of your squat). It's mostly a show of poor hip mobility/weak core strength. Your lower back adjusts its angle to keep your chest upright, I think. It puts unnecessary pressure on said lower back because of the compression of gravity vs the weight. It,s not necessarily a game killer, but something that's worth looking into correcting early on if you're doing it.

At the ladies who do upright rows: does it not bother your shoulders/forearms/wrists? I have done a total of 2 sets of those with a straight bar, 1 with an EZ bar and a few with dumbbells and they all caused varying degrees of crazy burning sensations in my entire arms. To a point where I just entirely gave it up for the most part now because every time I decide to do them I regret it. Just checking if that's just me, I guess?

I was watching some footage from the crossfit regionals today and man, those people are strong. One lady made handstand walking look like a walk in the park! Is it crazy to wonder if I could try my hand at the open next year? lol. Most of these people have been in crazy shape their entire lives. I'd most likely get my *kitten* handed back to me in a ziploc bag. Lol.