May workout check-in; May your squats be deep and plentiful

Options

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Just a run day today. 4.8km, I was planning on doing it in the evening but my daughter's first little stint at the dayhome was today. The empty house creeped me out so I got it done in the afternoon and just walked around town until it was time to pick her up (I am sitting at 16,000+ steps today :D). She's growing up too fast and I am having a little bit of issues with it lol.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Another new kid question -- what do y'all do between sets? Just sit/stand there? I stretch a bit, drink some water, filddle with my phone. I feel like I should be filling that time with something more productive.

Check out the eye candy. :smokin:

Oh and also check myself out. Because I am pretty sexy. :wink: :laugh:

This!

Oh man I worked 2 hours extra today. I'm hourly, and they never give out overtime so I'm pretty excited for a little bump in my next paycheck. Maybe a new pair of workout shorts now that it's getting toward summer? Ofc I got to the gym super late so I skipped running.

531 Squat "3" day

Squat
    45x7, 95x8. 135x5, 185x5, 200x3, 230x3, 255x6. I was out all day yesterday with a sleeveless shirt and I'm a teensy bit burnt. It doesn't hurt just sitting here or when I touch it, but man the knurling on the bar was a different story! It hurt so much I'm surprised I got 6 on the last set. :laugh:

Front squat
    135 3x10 yay I got all 10 this week and didn't fail

Reverse Lunge
    65x5.5 I strained my quad on these and I'm still not sure how...

Hip thrusts
    bw 4x15 did an extra set to make up for the lack of lunges. My booty was burning!

Ab rollouts
    3x7

Back extensions
    3x10
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Saw my trainer today and he's crazy.

Did a mile jog warm-up and then onto 25 squat thrusters with 15 pound dumbbells, 25 burpee box jumps.

Btw, whose effing idea was it to add burpees to box jumps? They are bad enough separately. Seriously.

So anyway, 2 rounds of 25 and the last round was 12 because I was dead. Dead. I have been back in the pool conditioning because I teach 4-6 hours of swim lessons M-F over the summer. I don't think I should've swam today though before seeing the trainer. :/ Oh well.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I had workout B today. It was a good workout physically, but it was so weak mentally. My son Had a 3 hr meltdown this evening fir no apparent reason, and I was so drained by it.
    Anyway this was my workout today:
    Squat: 45x5, 95x5, 115x5x5
    Press: 40x5,55x5,65x5x5. This was the second time on this weight, and I am still not ready to move up with 5 lb. I already deloaded from this weight once, so I really hope I do not have to get there again. I am still doing OHP with fixed weight bars, and next time I'll try with the Olympic bar. I got fractionals for Mother's Day. after I switch this to oly bar next time, I will start to go up by 2.2 lb at the time or even less. The fractional set is not actually here yet, but my son glued it's picture onto my Mother's Day card , because its coming in the mail to me :)
    Deadlift : 45x5,135x5, 165x5. I didn't actually fail this, but I think it is time to repeat. This will be the very first repeat on deadlift, so it is about time after 2 months.
    Extras: assisted dips: 3x8 with 90 lb help. I think I am ready to move down on the weight here.
    Knee up leg raises: 15,15,13,12
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Workout B last night.

Deadlifts
    1x5x55
    1x5x65
    1x5x85
    The realized I was doing this wrong and should be going high weight lower reps (Duh!)
    2x5x85
    Next time going to push over 100lbs!

Arnold Presses
    1x5x8
    1x5x12
    5x5x15

Squats
    1x8xbar
    1x8x55
    3x8x75

Just for fun tried front squats.
    3x5xbar
    I find these hard and slightly unbalanced.

I am not sure real name so I am calling them jump pull ups
    4x8

Some ab work.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Btw, whose effing idea was it to add burpees to box jumps? They are bad enough separately. Seriously.
    True story; both are awful! :wink:

I had planned on being more active yesterday, but I was sooooo tired when I got home that I threw together burgers for dinner, took a nap, then walked the dog for a half hour. He was panicky anyway (more thunderstorms coming in) so he walked as slowly as I did. Oh well. Today's workout will be super sets!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I saw deadlifts today when glancing over my workout and I was thrilled! That didn't last long, you'll see why >_>

Snatch balance x3 + OH squat x3
    weight: 65 / 65 / 70 / 75 lbs (the last set I almost dropped the bar forward on the last squat. Definitely need to work on these. And the snatch balance is such a weird move, too o.o)

Front squats 5x5 @ 105
    superset with step box jumps x2 per side @ 20 / 20 / 22 / 24 inches (Yes! I cleared 24'!!!!! UZZAH!!! After a near miss on 20, nonetheless xD)

Then the conditionning work today was a grinder. For time (cap 12 minutes)
    - 50 burpees over the barbell
    - 40 deadlifts @ 65
    - 30 push press @ 65
    - 20 clean & press @ 65
    - 10 muscle-up regression

So the burpees alone took me about 7 minutes. Deadlifts at 65lbs might not sound like a lot, but without rest and 40 of them STRUNG TOGHETHER?! My eyes were literally like this when I finished 'em O_o (broke them down into mini sets of 15/15/10)
    I then managed 18 push presses in like 4 mini sets before the time was up. If you anna hate me, try this workout on for size! *nodnod*

Finished off with false grip ring hollow hangs. 10/20/20 seconds (seriously, that stuff is tough!), 2 sets of push-ups (16/15) and 12 recline rows. To think less than a week ago I was starting to grind around 15 push-ups and now they're submax sets! The challenge is working! (But I'm getting sick of 'em xD)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You ladies do some pretty crazy workouts!

Workout A for me today, this one always takes me a little longer to get through even though I do warm ups for bench during squat rest times and warm ups for rows during bench rest times (I am kind of taking my chances working out in the morning, my daughter wakes up anywhere between 7 and 8 so I try to get 'er done as fast as possible). Workout b is much more enjoyable for me.

Squat 3x5 145 lbs gonna stay here for another day, just didn't feel on the last reps
    bench 5/4/4 85 lbs
    row 5/4/4 77lbs I got 3x5 on 76 last time so I don't know what happened there, one pound really doesn't seem like it should make that big of an impact

Accessories
    BB front raises 8/7/6 30 lbs again I don't know what happened, I hit halfway through the second set and I just got really tired
    flies 3x8 13 lbs
    one arm DB rows 3x8 26 lbs

Overall I wasn't too impressed with myself, oh well at least I got it done.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Boahr, Krok! My eyes would have looked like this ~ - ~

I failed big time on the squats today, I don´t know what the problem was, I couldn´t even get to my working weight. Until 45kg everything was finde, when I went to 50kg it was very hard and I felt dizzy after the first set. i did another one but had to stop then.

I went on to benchpresses and they went super, I could even increase my weight

35kg 5x5 (77 lbs)

Barbell rows was also fine

30kg 5x5 (66 lbs)

Then I added some hip thrusts and called it a day

10x30kg (66 lbs)
    20x40kg (88 lbs)

I briefliy thought about going back to the squats and try again, but then I decided to just leave it be and try again thursday
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Whoa, you ladies are all so badass!!! :flowerforyou:

Yesterday's workout:

Squats: warmup, 5x5@90
    OHP: 4x5@45, 1x5@50
    DL: warmup, 1x5@90

Curse you overhead press!!
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This morning was (again) a quick workout, based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ip41iqy3w (but without the squat; I haven't "earned" those yet, lol. It's exhausting enough without them!)

All @ 50lbs

OHP: 5, 5, 5, 5
    Reverse alternating lunge: 12, 12, 12, 12
    Rows: 6, 5, 6, 6
    RDL: 6, 6, 6, 8 (last two I finally felt my hips really stretch back!)

Then some lat pullovers, 3x12

Deadlifts on Thorsday! :love:
  • katro111
    Options
    This morning was (again) a quick workout, based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ip41iqy3w (but without the squat; I haven't "earned" those yet, lol. It's exhausting enough without them!)
    Oh my, that woman is a beast. I love it! I sooooo want to try this workout sometime!
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh my, that woman is a beast. I love it! I sooooo want to try this workout sometime!
    She really is! And I like her cute little bandanna, too. This is only the second time I've done it, but I like it! Definitely have to quell the urge to bellow testosterone-laden grunts towards the end. :laugh:
  • katro111
    Options
    She really is! And I like her cute little bandanna, too. This is only the second time I've done it, but I like it! Definitely have to quell the urge to bellow testosterone-laden grunts towards the end. :laugh:
    tumblr_m546kbHWYt1rtwatyo1_400.gif
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This morning was (again) a quick workout, based on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ip41iqy3w

:noway:
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I need a protein shake just for watching this. (or reading krok's workouts!)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    @neon, thanks! It's from my last form check video :)

Amazing lifting ladies! There are some crazy workouts and great numbers here! You ladies are all machines!

Anyway, I did squats Friday of last week and failed at 185 pounds. I got the rep but definitely don't think I hit parallel, so I'll be repeating those numbers again. I did a hike on Saturday in knee/thigh deep snow, definitely a workout, I had to really concentrate on lifting my knees high to avoid just wading through the snow.

Last night I did squats again, my deload week, and guess what?? I GOT MY CHINUP!! Only 1, but I got it, fully unassisted. The happy dance and booty shake definitely happened as soon as I hit the ground :bigsmile:

Squats:
    5 x 80 pounds
    5 x 95 pounds
    3 x 115 pounds
    5 x 80 pounds
    5 x 95 pounds
    5 x 115 pounds

Chinups:
    1 unasssisted chinup, then 3 assisted with the resistance band, and then 3 negatives.
    Split Squat: 3 x 10 @ 65 pounds
    Back Extensions: 3 x 12 @ 25 pounds

Then I thought of Krok and jstout and decided I should try some box jumps again. 10 box jumps take me roughly 20 sec, so I did 8 rounds of 20 sec on and 10 sec off.

Today is hill sprints and a 5 km run, and I'm hitting those damn stairs again on Sunday.

ETA: I also PR'd on my bench press on Friday, 1 x 105 pounds. I had a really hard time unracking, but I got the rep without too much trouble once I actually got the bar off the pins. Anyone else have trouble with this? I'm thinking it might be time for a form check video...or a spotter lol.
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side, CoadyMary! You'll be happy you joined, we have cookies! (sometimes. When it fits in our macros :P)

Mmmmm, cookies :)

Decent weather this weekend meant lots of playing outside with the dogs. Also did a 45 min Turbo Jam video Sunday.... how I miss living in the city and getting an hour or two of brisk walking in every day just out of necessity.

Workout B today

Squats: 1x5 bodyweight, 2x5@35, 5x5@55

OHP: 1x5@25, 5x5@40. I find these SO much easier with the bar vs dumbbells; definitely feel like I could have done 45lbs. Also seems to be working my back/shoulders more, rather than my arms with DBs.

Deadlift: 5x5@95lbs. Cannot believe I can actually lift this much! Need to get some chalk though.

I know that soon it's going to get really hard, but right now damn if I don't feel like a beast just cranking the sets out :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Last night I did squats again, my deload week, and guess what?? I GOT MY CHINUP!! Only 1, but I got it, fully unassisted. The happy dance and booty shake definitely happened as soon as I hit the ground :bigsmile:
    Congratulation! That is amazing!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know that soon it's going to get really hard, but right now damn if I don't feel like a beast just cranking the sets out :)

+1 !!!