Options
jodios528
jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
Post about your workouts here

Replies

• jodios528
    Options
    did day 3 of phase I cardio. Wanted to add more calories in so did JM kick box fast fix lower body for 20 minutes - wiped out now in a good way.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I switched my normal rest day Friday for today as today was my mother's birthday and we've had tons of guests and no time to workout. I'm kind of playing with the idea the rest of my BR weeks to do doubles >.> Did workouts 7&8 together on Sunday and I did feel quite great after that...
  • singallagher
    singallagher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did WO 2 yesterday as planned.
    I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism today instead of the cardio 1 as I think its too easy.
    It was my first time to complete it and I did make it to the end - just about, I was starting to flag at circuit 5 !
    Im looking forward to see what WO 3&4 will be like
  • jodios528
    Options
    did week 1 workout 2 for the 2nd time. I was tired from lack of sleep but got through it okay. the scale popped up again - very discouraging because I'm leaving lots of calories uneaten, but ate a late dinner with some salty chips so hoping its just temporary. Tomorrow is cardio but I'm thinking I'll do something a bit harder than JMBR cardio 1 as well.
  • jodios528
    Options
    did Piloxing instead of cardio 1 today for a tougher workout and greater calorie burn. Of course the teach decided that the toning work would focus on glutes and hamstrings (which I worked yesterday) awwwoooo :laugh: So week 1 is done!

BTW - I tried JM salmon crusted with pepitas and cumin - it was yummy

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  • singallagher
    Options
    Finished WO 2 for the last time today, so on to WO 3 and 4 next week.
    Will do a different cardio tomorrow as Cardio 1 is kinda easy
    Have a nice weekend everyone!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Today was a busy one. I taught a special mother's day yoga class in the morning and then went on the first bike ride of the year. :smile: We have a trail that runs along a river and meanders through woods and meadows - really pretty. I just finished JMBR workout 1 as I start my second week. I was worried after this morning it would feel tough and I might not finish but it was easier this week (I forget who said that but I agree). :wink:

Stick with it everyone!
  • jodios528
    Options
    did workout 2 again - definitely getting easier. I upped my weights a bit. To get the calorie burn higher I added on 20 minutes of dancing after. Tomorrow I'm bringing my youngest DD home from college. She wants to go for a 3 mile walk/run before we get in the car for our 10 hour trip home. I'm so not a runner - wish me luck. :laugh:
  • singallagher
    Options
    Ten hour car trip! At least you will have caught up with all the gossip by the time ye get home :laugh:

I started week 3 today with my first run at WO3. Was definitely a little harder than 1 & 2 but do-able still.
    For the first time I could feel the burn for a few hour after too.
    Looking forward to WO4 tomorrow.
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've had to take a few days off due to a cold, but hoping to start back up tomorrow. I might do week 5 for 1 1/2 weeks to get back on track. Something about starting each week on a Monday keeps be more organized.
  • smiles0780
    smiles0780 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

So I'm relatively new to this process. I started JMBR last week and did well (although i didn't notice any weight loss), however, i've had to take the last three days off due to illness. I'm wondering now if I should re-start the program from week one, or just continue on where I left off. Any suggesstions would be appreciated :) Thanks!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I would just start again. I'm going to do week 5 for an extra few days to get back on track after taking some days off for being sick as well.
  • jodios528
    Options
    Dana and smiles - hope you are both feeling better! Dana I think you plan for getting back into the program makes a lot sense

I missed cardio yesterday because of travel so I added a 30 minute session on after I did workout 1 (for the last time).

I'm a bit frustrated because my weight keeps going up even though I'm sticking to the plan and eating very healthy. I'm hoping its muscle gain since my clothes are not feeling tighter (in fact my waist bands are feeling looser). I do feel like my thighs and butt are getting bigger, but not in a bad way. Overall though I'd like to get trimmer not bigger!!!! I'm going to just keep at it and see if things start to shift in the coming weeks.

Stick with it guys!
  • singallagher
    Options
    Did WO 4 yesterday and Cardio 1 today. (week 3)
    Really liked WO 4 except the kneel down stand up again move. I almost buckled under the weights!
    In the afternoon I knew I had worked out that morning - could feel the muscle in my underarm crying :laugh:
    Its flying by really fast I think
  • jodios528
    Options
    Moved on to WO 3 today. I taught yoga in the morning and did a lot in the garden so was very proud of myself for doing JMBR after all that. WO 3 is definitely harder than WO 1 or 2 but still felt very doable. Frankly its phase 2 and especially 3 that really worry me. Anyone there yet that can comment on how much harder it is that phase 1?

Stick with it everyone!

Jodi
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I'm starting phase 2 tonight. My plans to start last week got derailed by a case of strep :( I'll let you know how it is! I'm sure it will feel worse since I had to take a week off.
  • jodios528
    Options
    I did WO 4 for the first time - those "surrenders" kill me. I had to drop down on the weight.

Dana - hope you are feeling better. I had strep once as an adult and was miserable. Hopefully you'll be back to where you left off strength and energy-wise very very soon

Stick with it!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I also just got a new heart rate monitor so I can see how much I'm actually burning during these workouts.
  • singallagher
    Options
    Started week 4 today.
    Had to push myself a little this morning to get going, but was glad I did.
    Bit scared about what will come next week as I move into Phase 2.
    Keep going every one :smile:
  • Makalani01
    Makalani01 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started phase 2 today - definitely harder with less breaks. I do what I can and modify the rest. I do feel the muscle build and balance getting better for sure.:smile: