JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished phase 2. I have noticed pretty significant changes in my stomach, legs and thighs in the last week or so. Does anyone besides me hate the cardio days as much as I do? I think I just hate doing it in my basement, I normally like cardio but there is something about working out like that in a small space I guess. I love, love, love the weights though. I found myself skipping cardio days and just repeating the workouts and running extra on the cardio days... thoughts?
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished phase 2. I have noticed pretty significant changes in my stomach, legs and thighs in the last week or so. Does anyone besides me hate the cardio days as much as I do? I think I just hate doing it in my basement, I normally like cardio but there is something about working out like that in a small space I guess. I love, love, love the weights though. I found myself skipping cardio days and just repeating the workouts and running extra on the cardio days... thoughts?
    Like many on this thread, I'm not a big fan of her cardio workouts either. Instead I do cardio workouts I love: biking along the river, dancing, kickboxing etc. I tend to look forward to these workouts and burn a lot of calories (vs. dreading her cardio and trying to avoid it). As long as you are working a bit outside your comfort zone you are building your aerobic capacity and that's what counts
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ok I am going to stop complaining about workouts being too easy. Just did workout 5--skipped ahead a little. Ready to follow her plan from here. I was definitely sweating this morning!
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of going back to Phase 2 to keep things interesting. I have never done any of the 3 cardio workouts but I'm curious to see what they're like.
  • jodios528
    Options
    did WO 11 for the first time today - whoa!!!!! I had trouble finishing some of the reps. I was exhausted by the time it was over. Dreading WO 12 tomorrow. She really kicked it up for the last 2 weeks. I'm just hoping to survive it!
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad you're all doing so well! Another non-fan of the cardio workouts here! I've had to take a few days off from the program, as I managed to injure my knee during the cardio 2 workout. I landed badly whilst doing the burpees and something pinged inside my kneecap:grumble: I'm back on it as from today and will repeat another week of workouts 5 & 6, as I don't feel ready to step it up a gear, after a few days off. I'm also not going to be doing the cardio discs anymore and will be doing some work on my rebounder on the cardio days instead.
  • Just started JMBR last night with Workout 1. I did (almost all) of the 30DS last month, so like so many others, definitely felt that Workout 1 was easier than that--but still had a good sweat at the end!

I'm living in rural Argentina, land of white bread, pasta, and essentially half a cow for every dinner, so I'm trying to follow a healthy diet as much as I can.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a workout to do on the rest day? I have an Element Barre and a few Element Yoga dvds I was thinking would provide a good stretch--but would love to hear what others are doing!
  • jodios528
    Options
    Just started JMBR last night with Workout 1. I did (almost all) of the 30DS last month, so like so many others, definitely felt that Workout 1 was easier than that--but still had a good sweat at the end!

I'm living in rural Argentina, land of white bread, pasta, and essentially half a cow for every dinner, so I'm trying to follow a healthy diet as much as I can.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a workout to do on the rest day? I have an Element Barre and a few Element Yoga dvds I was thinking would provide a good stretch--but would love to hear what others are doing!

I do yoga because it feels so good to get that deep stretch in and I love how relaxed I am after.
  • jodios528
    Options
    Just did WO 12 (missed yesterday due to work and fear :laugh: ). It was tough but not quite as tough as WO 11. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and was a bit dizzy during the 4th circuit so didn't get the cardio interval in (just walked around for the minute and then finished up). I'm not sure these 2 WO's will every feel easy, I'm just hoping for more doable. Can't wait to hear what the rest of you think when you get to the last 2 weeks - I might just be a bit of a wuss.

Stay strong everyone!
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    Hi everyone...I've been building back up to 11 and 12. Today I'm doing 9 & 10. (Last two days, it was 7 & 8.) From what I recall, 11 & 12 are all fierce but effective exercises...I think they all require maximum focus to recruit all the muscle groups, so I probably didn't have time to think too much about them.

I think from 7 & 8 the star jumps just tire me out! There is nice pacing in 7 & 8, when you're exhausted by the cardio bits, she switches it up and then goes into the cable stuff.
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been doing cardio at the gym this week after straining my low back. I've been very inconsistent since vacation a few weeks ago so I'm just going back to Phase 2 and starting from there again. I wanted to extend it anyway and after straining my back I feel more comfortable building back up again. Actually looking forward to it since I was sad to see Phase 2 end -- I really ended up loving those workouts!
  • jodios528
    Options
    just did my second WO 11 - didn't feel like I was going to pass out - but man its tough. I'm so happy I only have to do it 2 more times

Dana - I've found phase 3 is hard on my low back - especially the last 2 weeks - so be careful when you get back there
  • jodios528
    Options
    WO 12 done - onto the very last week....I can do this!!!!!!! (that is if JM doesn't kill me first
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    Back in the swing of things with Phase 2 Round 2! Still challenging! I think WO 6 might be one of my favorites.
  • jodios528
    Options
    I have just started the last week - amazing to me. WO 11 felt marginally easier but I still need to do the modifications and don't always get all the reps in (the chatarunga hold and jumping pushups kill me). I only have to do it one more time!

How is everyone else doing?
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I have just started the last week - amazing to me. WO 11 felt marginally easier but I still need to do the modifications and don't always get all the reps in (the chatarunga hold and jumping pushups kill me). I only have to do it one more time!

How is everyone else doing?
    Feeling much better after doing WO 5 for the 2nd time this week. What a difference 3 workouts make!
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    Moved on to phase 2 WO 7 today. Wow she really intensifies things! The plus side--it seemed to fly by! It makes me excited to keep going.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    The chaturunga hold is hard but I think I'm improving. I think in some ways 12 is easier than 11!! BTW, my favorite cast members are Kenta and Mimi. Omar is also ridiculous.
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    The chaturunga hold is hard but I think I'm improving. I think in some ways 12 is easier than 11!! BTW, my favorite cast members are Kenta and Mimi. Omar is also ridiculous.

I love Mimi too :) I also like David--he just seems like a nice guy.
    You know who drives me crazy? Oh gosh I forget her name. The lady that has 3 kids. I feel like she never does moves correctly and she often only does them half way. I'm always yelling at her!
  • jodios528
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about her (name unknown) - I'm constantly thinking she is suppose to be motivating me and instead I'm working harder than she is. Mimi cracks me up. I love Kenta and have even forgiven him for the bear walk move he came up with. David is amazing...Omar too! I do like that we get to know her "helpers" unlike her other DVDs

I also agree that 11 is harder than 12. That one just about kills me every time. I'm scheduled to do 12 today but work my get in the way and I'll have to do 12 and cardio tomorrow to get back on track