JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• Its_just_alicia
    Options
    Wo #3 wasn't any easier the second time as I thought it would be, but I made it!!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 9 - hard to believe I only have 3 weeks left. I did the workouts out of order because when the weather was good we went on long bike rides along the river trail (counted as my cardio). So I think I might do 9 then cardio before 10 since I just did 10 today...I'm not sure how much it really matters as long as we are resting the muscles worked for a couple of days.

Hope you are all feeling like you are making progress - getting stronger, leaner and healthier

Stick with it!
  • msstephdenise
    msstephdenise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I'm starting Phase 1 workouts and have completed both workouts 1 and 2. I have done this program before, but only made it as far as weeks 5/6 before I stopped. So I honestly have NO CLUE what to expect past weeks 5/6. I'm trying not to "peeK". Well for my cardio I'm not doing Jillian Michaels cardio. I'm also doing Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs. I was actually having fun doing that workout first, then doing my strength training. Since both workouts are less than one hour long, I'm getting great workouts in only an hour. I'm going to weigh myself next week..my starting weight was 221. My goal is to lose 30lbs. Here we go!
  • KymGreer92
    KymGreer92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Phase 3 tomorrow. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only that don't really care for the cardio DVDs. I have been doing JM Kickboxing Fast Fix workout 3 that focus on abs or walking (weather permitting). I gained weight in Phase 1 but lost inches. Once I moved to Phase 2, I started to lose weight. It's amazing how much stronger I feel as I go. When I first started I couldn't stand on one foot without fall over or holding on to something. Now I have no problem. However, the plank ups kill me. I can only do a few of them.
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've not updated for a while, but have been sticking with the program! Completed workout 6 today and it didn't feel as tough as workout 5; that one really is hard!
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Marjorie! I took a hiatus from JMBR when they took it down from YouTube :( but I've been doing an hour of other JM WOs this past week and a half. I finally ponied up and bought the DVDs from Amazon yesterday so I should be continuing JMBR tomorrow. Her "Killer Buns & Thighs" levels 2 & 3 is a lot like some of the more challenging JMBR WOs...I also enjoyed "Shred it with Weights" and "6 Week 6 Pack Abs". But JMBR is the most interesting because of the WOs and it has the biggest cast, like an entire class working out instead of one or two people.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just started JMBR on Tuesday. After doing her 30 day shred and going straight into ripped in 30, I felt like workouts 1 and 2 were pretty easy for me. The cardio 1 got my heart rate up a little more but still not very challenging. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I think I might skip ahead and then just extend the harder workouts past the two week duration.
    I don't want to back-track! I've worked really hard to get where I am :/
  • musicalsmiley30
    musicalsmiley30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did workout 6 today! I skipped 3 days in between 5 and 6 this week because I wasn't feeling so great but tomorrow I'll hopefully do cardio 2!

I don't really like how cardio is for the whole month - JM should have had cardio change every 2 weeks as well but I'll do cardio 2 for the first 2 weeks and try something else the next 2 weeks.

WO 6 was super intense - had to stop 2 times in between to get my heart rate down a bit. Yet I feel so great! I might do cardio 2 and WO 5 tomorrow to make up for missing the second time of the week I do WO 5. I already did WO 5 once so gotta keep it up!

Good luck to everyone on their journey! x
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just started JMBR on Tuesday. After doing her 30 day shred and going straight into ripped in 30, I felt like workouts 1 and 2 were pretty easy for me. The cardio 1 got my heart rate up a little more but still not very challenging. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I think I might skip ahead and then just extend the harder workouts past the two week duration.
    I don't want to back-track! I've worked really hard to get where I am :/
    Pretty common! You could skip ahead or do cardio 1 after WO's 1 and 2 if you have time. If you don't have time you could jump ahead like you said. I don't think it really matters.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    I jumped ahead. I ended up going backwards to get a bit more practice of the foundational stuff in her earlier WOs. Then I'd try them again. I did all 12. Right now I'm working on 9 and 10. I like to jump around. There is always an "UP" button, as she likes to say. I just try to do 2 a day, it doesn't matter if I do 1 and 2 again, I'd try them with the more challenging modifications. Then I end up doing them better.
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, guys! Unfortunately, with two little boys and working through the week its almost impossible to find more than a half hour to do a workout. I might double up on weekends though.
    I ended up doing workout 3 today and was much happier with that. I think for me, it was the right decision to skip DVDs 1 and 2.

Also, I really like the whole group behind JM. I think that is very motivating!
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all..
    I finished Phase 1 and I'm away for the weekend so I took Saturday (today) as a rest day. We are traveling home tomorrow and I'll start Phase 2 tomorrow night. We leave on Friday for vacation, so that will be my rest day. Long drive about 9 hrs first day. Then some sightseeing and then another 6 hours. then a cruise ship for 5 days.

My plan is to take a portable DVD player for the hotel rooms, but once we are on the cruise, I'm going to sign up for either a yoga or aerobics class and do some running on the track. I'm trying to be realistic, I want to have a good time .. But I also don't want to have to start over again. I haven't lost anything.... But I feel stronger and I'm really hoping to see a difference in Phase 2.

I have this upcoming week to stay on track.... I've been recording but once I'm on the ship... I think I'm going to go technology free.

Wish me luck!

Lynn
  • Its_just_alicia
    Options
    I'm dreading WO #5 as I have to do it today for the first time. I'm really sore from my run yesterday so putting off WO till later this evening. My progress so after finishing phase 1 = lost 10 pounds, I've stopped looking at my watch every 5 minutes to c when the WO will be over, dropped a size during phase 1, still struggling with my diet. I'm super excited for phase 2!! Oh, didn't do all measurements but my stomach (biggest problem area) lost 4 inches in phase 1. Plus, I haven't missed a day of working out so far. I've cheated on diet about 5 times this month.:( laters!!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I'm dreading WO #5 as I have to do it today for the first time. I'm really sore from my run yesterday so putting off WO till later this evening. My progress so after finishing phase 1 = lost 10 pounds, I've stopped looking at my watch every 5 minutes to c when the WO will be over, dropped a size during phase 1, still struggling with my diet. I'm super excited for phase 2!! Oh, didn't do all measurements but my stomach (biggest problem area) lost 4 inches in phase 1. Plus, I haven't missed a day of working out so far. I've cheated on diet about 5 times this month.:( laters!!

Awesome results so far!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    Did WO 9 for the first time and, like Jodi, I didn't think it was that bad. It actually went by pretty fast, which was nice since it was my 2nd WO of the day. I had to take a few days off last week so I'm going to try and do extra cardio with the WOs over the next 2 weeks before going back to work on August 4th.

I am thinking about doing Phase 2 again after Phase 3 to keep it going. I think I'll really miss it once it's over.

Anyone else already thinking about what to do next?
  • sarahharas5
    Options
    Did WO 9 for the first time and, like Jodi, I didn't think it was that bad. It actually went by pretty fast, which was nice since it was my 2nd WO of the day. I had to take a few days off last week so I'm going to try and do extra cardio with the WOs over the next 2 weeks before going back to work on August 4th.

I am thinking about doing Phase 2 again after Phase 3 to keep it going. I think I'll really miss it once it's over.

Nice job! I feel like I'm constantly thinking about what's next. I don't want to give myself the excuse so I want to have something planned.
    Have you done any of Jillian Michael's other DVD's? I've also considered T25 or Piyo. For me, planning ahead is key.
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    Yikes. WO 10 is no joke.
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Nice job! I feel like I'm constantly thinking about what's next. I don't want to give myself the excuse so I want to have something planned.
    Have you done any of Jillian Michael's other DVD's? I've also considered T25 or Piyo. For me, planning ahead is key.

I've also been thinking about what I'll do next. I've got a little over 2 weeks left. I do have some other JM DVD's that I've never gotten to the harder levels on so I might try those...I just like the BR program a lot. So I guess I'll probably also go back and repeat phase 3 (or if has been awhile go back to phase 2)

I did my last WO 9 today. Because of work and travel it had been about a week since I did it last - wow! It felt almost as hard as the first time I did it. Final WO 10 tomorrow and then I move onto the last 2 disks. I honestly never thought I'd really make it this far. I'm so glad I've stuck it out. I'm so much stronger. While I weigh more I definitely feel leaner and my clothes fit a bit looser.

Hang in there everyone!
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I'll probably go back and do Phase 2 again and then see how I feel. I love Jillian's BFBM and NMTZ so I could always do that plus the Ripped in 30 DVD I never started because I found out about BR. I've also thought about getting Chalean Extreme or T25 but I just love JM and I really like the large class size in BR.
  • Mariachicat
    Options
    When I was without JMBR for a couple of weeks, I did all her other workouts. The only thing is I don't get bored with JMBR because of the number of workouts & the large class size...anyway, I usually do two together (7&8, 9&10, 11&12) and then on a following day I might do the one before. I usually sweat more and faster with the more advanced ones.