What did you conquer today!

Options

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    Today's challenge: Did the right thing when my treat (mini candy bar) called I hopped on the elliptical and worked out for 20 minutes. Also drank plenty of water!
    that is difficult to do! you not only resisted the temptation, you hopped on the elliptical!
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I also made a decision to cut out my nightly cocktail/ glass of wine. I am allowing myself Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. At least until I get my food consumption under better control. Sometimes that one glass leads to some indiscriminate snacking late in the evening.

I've done this too - although mine tends to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And I went to a friend's house last weekend for a barbecue and they were serving ice-cold pink Lambrusco partly as a joke. Well, I discovered that a large glass very well chilled was actually a nice treat - low in alcohol and not too bad for calories too. They had managed to find a dry-ish one so it wasn't the sugary drink I remember from the 80s. I have now ordered a case.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    First week back is now behind me. I stuck to it and logged every bite. This week I will work on increasing my exercise minutes/miles. Started off with hitting the treadmill this morning.

@josparkle - I need to google pink Lambrusco. Never heard of it but it sounds yummy. I stayed away from alcohol all weekend but it would be nice to have a lite go to beverage this summer.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    I lost a pound my last weigh in - BAM!!! happy with myself :smile:

**cocktails - I sooo found too that wine was a "bad carb" - lol. I am not a beer drinker, but lately if I want a "cocktail" during the week I have a Corona Light Beer and it does the trick. And I definitely will only drink ONE beer - lol (belch :blushing: )
  • RENAEJAE
    Options

Awesome!! ... just Awesome!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    NSV - On Sunday morning I had cereal for breakfast. When I was half way finished I had a full feeling, so instead of eating the rest, I threw it away. In the past I would make myself eat it just so it wouldn't go to waste - tossing it so it wouldn't go to MY WASTE felt so much better:laugh:
  • sab1157
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about Lambrusco. I will give it a try sometime.
  • sab1157
    Options

**cocktails - I sooo found too that wine was a "bad carb" - lol. I am not a beer drinker, but lately if I want a "cocktail" during the week I have a Corona Light Beer and it does the trick. And I definitely will only drink ONE beer - lol (belch :blushing: )

Awesome!
  • sab1157
    Options
    NSV - On Sunday morning I had cereal for breakfast. When I was half way finished I had a full feeling, so instead of eating the rest, I threw it away. In the past I would make myself eat it just so it wouldn't go to waste - tossing it so it wouldn't go to MY WASTE felt so much better:laugh:

Good job! I have a difficult time not being a member of the clean plate club. It is getting easier to resist.
  • jennygillott
    jennygillott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

I've not been very vocal in this group, but have been lurking! Anyway today, after six weeks of struggling, finally another kilo gone. Hopefully forever. Many still to go, but needed to share this small but huge victory with someone! Very proud of myself for sticking with it despite the lack of results for what seems like forever.

Have a great day!
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bought a skirt in size large! This means I went from 3x to large. When hubby found out he asked me if I would try on a pair of pants... they were his! also size large!
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Love to see all the posts about resisting temptation, clean eating and weight loss! My challenge this morning was getting out of bed, weedeated for 4 hours yesterday and all my muscles are sore! The up side is I burned over 1000 calories!!!!!!. Have a terrific day everyone.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Anyway today, after six weeks of struggling, finally another kilo gone. Hopefully forever. Many still to go, but needed to share this small but huge victory with someone! Very proud of myself for sticking with it despite the lack of results for what seems like forever.

Awesome! Every bit adds up to one huge success!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    The up side is I burned over 1000 calories!!!!!!. Have a terrific day everyone.

I bet it's worth every bit of the pain! :laugh:
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

I've not been very vocal in this group, but have been lurking! Anyway today, after six weeks of struggling, finally another kilo gone. Hopefully forever. Many still to go, but needed to share this small but huge victory with someone! Very proud of myself for sticking with it despite the lack of results for what seems like forever.

Have a great day!

Congrats Jenny!!! Glad you're here! :bigsmile:
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Going to a fun fencing tournament tonight in a venue I have never been to, with people I don't know. I hate the unknown but I also know I will have fun and meet some new fencing friends. I am going to go and kick some butt.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this isn't a weight related conquer but since you ladies are an obliging, encouraging group I feel that I can share.

I went out to the chest freezer in the garage and sorted it out. I pulled out everything, binned the white bowl-shaped bag of could-be stock, could be washing up water, and the brown stick like thing in two plastic bags, and the shards of pizza base. Tidied it all up, put it all back in logically and went and wrote the contents down on a sheet of paper.

And I feel so much better....except for just one thing; I have no idea what I went out to the garage to do and all I'm certain of is that I didn't do it.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    OK, I know this isn't a weight related conquer but since you ladies are an obliging, encouraging group I feel that I can share.

I went out to the chest freezer in the garage and sorted it out. I pulled out everything, binned the white bowl-shaped bag of could-be stock, could be washing up water, and the brown stick like thing in two plastic bags, and the shards of pizza base. Tidied it all up, put it all back in logically and went and wrote the contents down on a sheet of paper.

And I feel so much better....except for just one thing; I have no idea what I went out to the garage to do and all I'm certain of is that I didn't do it.

ROFLMAO! can so relate!! :laugh: you did conquer something though - you tamed the "stuff" in that bad boy
    freezer chest!:bigsmile:
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today was my day off and I battled half the day with myself - alternatively trying to convince myself to move my b*tt or to just “relaaax”. It went something like this…:
    “Get up and get going – it’s your day off and you have a lot to do!”
    - (“But it’s my day off and I love to sleep in!”)
    “Go do your morning walk –that will get your blood moving”
    - (“But I like to start the day easy - with breakfast and some coffee.”)
    “Get out the vacuum – your floors are disgusting. “
    - (“I hate vacuuming – it makes me nauseous… besides… it’s my day OFF!”)
    Ultimately, even I got tired of my little whiny inner voice and although I did not sleep in, I did have a nice relaxing breakfast. I did my walk, cleaned the kitchen AND all the floors, AND did some grocery shopping. I even turned up my music and cha-cha’d around with a dust rag…. So - this evening I get to relax, have a yummy dinner, a glass of wine, putter around in my garden and enjoy my clean floors. (”Don’t you DARE track dirt into this kitchen!”) … Me, myself, and I feel better! Hope you all had a great day!