About Me: Let's Introduce Ourselves!

Options
124»

Replies

• summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Welcome to the team Amanda! I like your thought "I'm not worried, because I'm taking control" So true. Lately, my favorite phrase is "I choose not to eat that" (instead of the I can't).

Great group here - glad you are with us!

Cindy
  • slg657
    slg657 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi everyone

my name is sherri and i am 46 yrs old. i am happily married with 2 daughters and a granddaughter
    i have been overweight for most of my life, but currently i am the highest weight i have ever been, i have arthritis in my lower back, hip, right knee and right hand.
    my weight puts pressure on my joints and i am in more pain than i have to be because of it, also seeing me trying to get up from a chair you would think i was 80.
    i am determined to lose this extra weight once and for all
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Welcome to the group Sherri!
  • ItsRobyn66
    ItsRobyn66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just going to copy/paste what I have on my profile. It sums me up pretty well.

About Me:
    I'm a 47 year old California girl, married for 20 years, and have two children (17 and 10). I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past 10 years. I started working part-time from home a month ago as a medical transcriptionist and I love it!

I never had an issue with my weight until after the birth of my first baby. I lost 15 lbs on WW and maintained the weight loss for about 7 years but since baby #2 . . .bad eating habits, easy access to food all day long, age, and a slowing metabolism (not to mention a lack of exercise) have caused the pounds to creep back on.

I'm 5'4" and my goal is to lose 20 pounds and keep it off. I'm hoping that through MFP I will find encouragement, support, and ideas to help me on my journey. I signed up 2 years ago but never ended up using MFP. I'm back and ready to give it a go.

Why I want to get in shape:
    I want to look cuter in my clothes and not feel "creaky and sore" all the time. Bye bye muffin top and tankini. Hello hot bod!

My Inspirations:
    Not picking out what I wear for the day based on what I look less fat in.
    Looking as hot as my 5 yrs younger husband.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle and I live in Ohio. I just turned 44 in June. I have 3 children; ages 17, 15 and 6, which keep me very busy. The last one was my surprise baby. Every family should have one :happy: After having 3 c-sections and my last baby at 37, it has been difficult to keep that "girlish" figure. I joined MFP last year and was successful in my weight loss journey. Then.....I started with my old habits again and am back where I started a year ago.

I just started back with MFP a week ago and am looking forward to achieving my goals and meeting some fantastic people along the way. :smile:
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Christa, I am 41 almost 42 recently divorced mom of two children (14 and 8). I'm 5'3 and have always struggled with my weight. A few years ago I took up running and loved it, then life got in the way and I quit, I started running and really exercising again last year, but then once again, life got in the way. I've managed to lose 12.6 pounds on what I'll call the "divorce diet" not a good way to lose, but I am hoping it gave me the jump start I need. I work full time and have full custody of my kiddos who are very active in sports and activities so trying to find some spare time in there for myself is a challenge :)
  • tammysmith5
    Options
    Hi my name is Tammy and I am form NH. I am 47 and have had three children. I have always been obsessed with weight having anorexia as a teen. I have always been able to maintain until I turned 46 and now I am finding it difficult. I have always done Atkins and that is now failing me. I have been doing MFP for 50 plus days keeping at the correct calories if not under and I had hoped for quicker results but not so much. I walk an average of 5 miles a day and keep up with 6 and 9 yo. I am not going to quit trying and hope I can find inspiration and tips from all of you!
  • kumitejs
    kumitejs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Haven't had time to read everyone's introductions yet, but just presented myself.

My name is Johanne and I am from St-Hubert (near Montreal), Quebec. I am 48 years old and have three children (14, 16 and 18 years old). I work full time and have 100% custody of my kids on my own.

I have been practicing karate for the past 13 years and am training to pass my second level black belt in December. Was at a great weight not THAT long ago, but have found that the past 2-3 years, due to life, age (?) and a bunch of other factors I guess I haven't paid attention to enough myself, I have put on weight that I am not happy with. Most people tell me I am "fine", because if you look at me I don't "look overweight" (whatever that is), but...I am really not happy with the way I am right now and am afraid it will get worse if I don't get a handle on it. I lost 10 pounds on MFP before, so I know I can do it. I find the discipline it takes sometimes very challenging. Looking forward to getting some pats on the back and kicks in the butt here when I need it ! Will try to do the same !
  • QuinnBlue
    QuinnBlue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading everyone's intros and now I will introduce myself. I'm Quinn, 49 (12 weeks from the big 5-0) , from California with 4 kiddos ages 17, 23, 24 and 25. The 17 and 23 year old still live at home. I am a teacher and want to be under 200 when school starts again and below 180 by my birthday. I am mostly doing low carb and adding in exercise. Life has thrown me some big curve balls in the last couple of years and as a result I gained back what I had lost in the past. I am determined to get my life and my weight back under control.
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! Please feel free to join the discussion on the "Today I will" thread. That's where most of the action is!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 40 in May, and have been here on MFP for a while but not in the Community part. I think I could use the support of women my age! I have Celiac disease, and multiple food sensitivities. I am currently going into a low carb phase of Paleo/Primal to knock out some hideous starch cravings and binges! It is tough at firs, but it works for me and gives me the control I need.
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Welcome to the group Cindy …. jump in and post along! :)
  • HealthyGuerita
    HealthyGuerita Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Laura and I just turned 43 at the end of July. I recently was told that I needed to lose weight or I would be stop being just pre-diabetic. The issue is that I have lots of food allergies and intolerances along with severe digestive problems since my gall bladder was removed 5 years ago. Hoping to get some support here, learn from others and provide my support in return!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Welcome to the group Laura!

Definitely supportive so jump on it :)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! What are your food issues, I have them too!
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Greetings Ladies,

My name is actually Lonney-Rae and I am 44, one grown son. I live in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Alberta.

I quit smoking 21 years ago and packed on 25 lbs. In the years since I have taken it off and put it back on probabley 12 to 15 times but now it is 50 lbs. I am trying to do things differently this time to keep it off. Saw a dietician and personal trainer, joined MFP and my local gym. Shop and plan my meals for the week.

I have been at it a couple of months now with no success at all because I am battling a food addiction. I just can't stop snacking. I know I can get to my goal weight as I have done it so many times. Dec 2013 was the last time.

I am open to any advice you gals may have.

thanks
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Welcome to the group Lonney! Glad to see you've posted on a few of our topics. :)