JUNE 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding another 21 miles. That makes 243 out of 400.

Had the bike refit today. It felt a lot better. My hands didn't go numb this time. It was a really nice ride but I got smoked by a guy on a recumbent. That's never happened before. This guy was ripping down the road at 25+ miles per hour. I was doing 23 and he just cruised past me on the left. He was about a minute ahead of me after five miles. I'm so ashamed. :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Lolol! Hey, it happens. Better luck next time! Reminds me of the time I almost died in a 5K....I was still in the Marines and wearing my Red & Gold Marine t-shirt & shorts and some dude in a fluffy pink tutu & pink tights wanted to pass me.... :laugh: He finally succeeded but I gave everything I had. As I'm sure you did on the bike. :drinker::laugh:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE 

View (but not edit) at this address: 

WWW.TINYURL.COM/MYAC201402

CONGRATS on making GOAL now going out to LUCKYSUSAN, SUSSEXBYTHESEA, KAR328 and 319SARA!!!! WOOHOO!!! :drinker:

And going from BLUE back into the FESTIVE LIME GREEN today is.... TAHM42, JENNIFERTSMITH, CEDDER1, VHUBER, JENNWHITE34, ANIMEFAN914, TAXMOM9093, QUEENEGREENE and KATHYFLANNERY129!!!!

I managed to get a run in again this morning along with my daily lunch walk for a total of 4.8 miles so far today. Still green, thankfully! :)

I see a lot of hard work going on here with you all! Just keep pushing to do the best you're able and that your health allows. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    3.22 miles walked today

120.77 miles walked to date. Not much today. Been decorating.

Target met. Woo hoo!!
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    6/26 - 6.7 miles exercise bike

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    First a run this morning, then lots of walking in the city, takes me 79 miles. Which makes goal!!! Glad I could make a goal today since USA couldn't LOL.

P.S. - dcmat, I hope you can work out a way to do your ride in France & Switzerland. But don't hurt yourself further. Hope you heal quickly!

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got caught in the rain during my 3.5 mile run this morning! It actually felt good but my furries were none to happy! I will ride the ex bike along with a kettlebell workout in the morning so I hit my goal. I was planning on a bike ride this evening but I'm tired out from my 5 hours of yard work today!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It was dumping buckets here this morning and 54 degrees. I confess I caved and went to bed. It was perfect sleeping weather. I'll have to get on the trainer this evening but I couldn't pass up weather like that for sleeping. I slept like the dead from noon to 4:30 PM when I had to get up to go to work. It was really nice. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options

Lolol! Hey, it happens. Better luck next time! Reminds me of the time I almost died in a 5K....I was still in the Marines and wearing my Red & Gold Marine t-shirt & shorts and some dude in a fluffy pink tutu & pink tights wanted to pass me.... :laugh: He finally succeeded but I gave everything I had. As I'm sure you did on the bike. :drinker::laugh:

ROFL!! :laugh: :laugh: Dave, that is hilarious. I will confess I didn't give chase yesterday. When he passed me he wasn't even breathing hard so it didn't seem like a good plan to try to chase him down. :wink: :wink:
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    June 26: 10 miles walking and swimming

TTD: 311 miles

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    6/25- 1.6 miles walking
    6/26- 1.7 miles walking

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    19.3 on the bike, plus a 1.15 mile walk gives me another 20.45 for the day.... I am spitting distance from goal. If my husband wasn't out on his exercise walk, I'd probably take off right now and just finish so that I can count all the rest of my mileage for the month as "bonus" miles - but oh well.. there is plenty of time to get those bonus miles.

exercise.png

You quit riding with 0.5 miles to go for your goal? I'd have turned circles in the driveway or rode to the end of the block until it flipped that half mile. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha - I had done my math wrong and actually thought I'd made goal, but alas... oh well - I'll get another 18-20 in tomorrow if all goes according to plan (which, I admit, NOTHING has gone according to plan this week, so not quite sure why expect tomorrow will...)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Fierce winds yesterday and today...but it keeps it from being too hot.

Dean -- I'd send you some of our sunshine, but it sounds like you needed a long nap!

Dave - Love your fluffy pink tutu & pink tights tale! Too funny!

3.28 miles yesterday
    10.31 miles today and 20,000 steps!!

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    today I was busy..i managed 7.19 walking/hiking miles, and another 7.46 biking miles.

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    6/26 - 2 miles

185/220

4 days to get 35 miles??? I guess I will need to get in some bike rides this weekend!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    6/26 - 4.5 miles (walking/running)
    Total to date: 118.5 of 130 miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    OK guys. I guess the best part about being such a lousy bicyclist is I expect to be passed. By Everyone. Including the kiddies with training wheels on a bad day. :blushing: :laugh: As for running, well there better be something really big and scary chasing me. :devil: I do really admire those who are running,:drinker: but I have learned to accept my limits.:smile: And I can walk pretty far, so the moving is still happening. :smile:

Added 4 miles walking yesterday. :bigsmile: June total 145.75 miles Looks like I should make GOAL today. :drinker: :drinker:

exercise.png
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've been MIA but keeping track so updating today.

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Nice casual ride with Girls Bike Bentonville last night! +14 ish miles

exercise.png
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    June: - Goal 450
    1st: 41.2 (39.58 Bike)
    2nd: 4.71
    3rd: 18.74 (17 Bike)
    4th: 5.6 (2.45 Bike)
    5th: 12.55 (9 Bike)
    6th: 11.24 (9.5 Bike)
    7th: 12.1 (5.7 Bike)
    8th: 34.96 (30.3 Bike)
    9th: 8.75 (3.3 bike)
    10th: 6.8 (3.9 bike)
    11th: 1.41
    12th: 23.86 (22.6 Bike)
    13th: 2.41
    14th: 79.01 (75.6 bike) Denver 3/4 Century Ride
    15th: 2.32
    16th: 3.05
    17th: 3.03
    18th: 4.07
    19th: 20.84 (18 Bike)
    20th: 21.82 (18.7 Bike)
    21st: 9.82 (3.89 bike)
    22nd: 1.76
    23rd: 4.58
    24th: 18.55 (16.6 Bike)
    25th: 20.5 (16.6 Bike)
    26th: 17.44 (16 Bike) - Total: 391.02 / 58.98

Oh - its a fight to the finish for me this month. So close!!!!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    It was dumping buckets here this morning and 54 degrees. I confess I caved and went to bed. It was perfect sleeping weather. I'll have to get on the trainer this evening but I couldn't pass up weather like that for sleeping. I slept like the dead from noon to 4:30 PM when I had to get up to go to work. It was really nice. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Oh - yes - sleep, glorious sleep - I want a day that lets me sleep in. Part of why I didn't ride today is I chose that extra hour of sleep (that actually gave me a full 8 hours). I've been going to bed at 7:30 or 8 or 9 which is amazing for me - usually up until 10 or so. I'm in bed before my 10 year old kid is in bed lately!
This discussion has been closed.