DAILY CHECK IN > 100 WAYS TO LOSE IT

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
WEDNESDAY

So far it's been a successful day. Keeping calories low, but looking for more protein - I find myself feeling hungry more often. Guess I'll cook up some chicken / turkey cutlets this weekend so they'll be easy to pack for lunch next week. Also thinking about starting my day with a protein shake tomorrow.

The weather is finally turning here in Maine so we an enjoy the outdoors once again!!

Replies

• I live in Western NY so I understand what you're saying about summer! It's finally here! What a brutal winter...

Calories have been good for me today, I've made good choices and made a conscious effort to drink more water today.

Pork loin and veggies for dinner tonight!
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not a good day at all. I was tired and frustrated and hungry and ended up at McDonalds after work.

We just moved (without selling our old house first, eek!) so life is kinda crazy right now. But I'm making it a priority this weekend to make our lunches and plan dinners for next week. I do SO much better if I plan it all out.
  • Keep your head up! As long as you pick yourself up and continue-you havn't lost the war, only a battle.

I hear you on the planning part. I do all the cooking and shopping, so planning definitely makes it easier to stay on track!!
  • NotYet40
    NotYet40 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Morning!

I had good movement on the scale this morning, finally!

Planning is key, I have diligently planned and packed my meals this last week and it paid off. Now if I can do this for another week. Cooking and planning is tough for me, maybe the movement this morning will motivate me to keep it up.

I hope everyone has a great day today.
  • TiffanyRW84
    TiffanyRW84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I mentioned in my "Introduction" post that today is my 9th day. I feel better and better everyday with increasing energy. I have kept my calories low, and I am focusing on keeping my head in the game. I have found that planning my meals in my mind for the next day before I fall asleep is also really helping. I know what I am going to eat when I wake up for the day, and it makes me feel safe and motivated to see my meal plan through. I am hoping to start incorporating more exercise and weight training to my routine once I figure out how to fit it in to my lifestyle, because I am a stay at home mom with a insanely energetic two year old. I tried doing some work out type videos at home, and she was running all around me tripping me up and climbing on my back. I plan to add a day or two of water aerobics soon, but need other things I can do when I can't get out of the house or don't have a babysitter. But, I have been doing my best to be more active in the meantime. :)
    Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • shrinkingmichelle
    shrinkingmichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I work a split shift today, 1hour 45 minutes this morning and 3-11 this afternoon. I started well with a protein smoothie with banana and frozen blueberries. Hope the rest of the day goes well. I usually prelog my food then go back and make corrections.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Michelle
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I live in Western NY so I understand what you're saying about summer! It's finally here! What a brutal winter...

Calories have been good for me today, I've made good choices and made a conscious effort to drink more water today.

Pork loin and veggies for dinner tonight!

Good job on the healthy choices. LOL - I put the same dinner in my crockpot this morning. Just need to leave the potatoes for my family and make myself a salad. Enjoy - remember portion control.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I usually prelog my food then go back and make corrections.

Same here - it really helps to plan ahead.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I find that prelogging my food then adjusting works best for me too. However today will be major adjusting!!! Forgot my salad at home and had to head down to the cafeteria for lunch. Big mistake, ended up with chicken alfredo!!! 640 cal and I only ate half of it. Now I need to rethink supper.
  • marybutterbaughlarson
    Options
    I had a salad for lunch and I love salads and well the dressing too ;-) but I did put the dressing on the side like they say to but I think you eat more dressing doing that.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I feel just awful today. I did lose a pound on the scale this morning,, which is always nice, but I'm tired and a little dizzy and just generally out of it. Doesn't help that it's that time of the month for me. *sigh* I'm trying to get up the motivation to get out and walk the dog (my husband did it for me this morning since I felt like crap), but today may just be a day that's written off :(
  • maryoracle
    maryoracle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The idea of prelogging what I will eat that day is new to me and I think it may help. I also realized that on 1200 calories I was getting genuinely hungry later in the day so I increased my allowance to 1400 calories.
    The weather here in PA is gloomy. Still waiting for pool tags and the sun to get back to exercising. Hope that will increase my metabolism!
  • moonbeams896
    Options
    So, after all that *****ing and moaning, I got my *kitten* up and went walking with Trapper. I feel so much better! i don't know why I resist it so much, but I'm much happier I did it. I may be huffing and puffing by the time I get home, but I have a spring in my step and feel energized! I hope it works that way for all of you, too!
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today has been much better. Work was just as stressful but no McDonalds this time. I actually wanted to take a walk after work (and it's been a long time since I wanted to exercise) but ended up having to lay down for a couple hours thanks to a horrible headache. Hopefully it was just from the work stress.

I'm going to lunch with a coworker tomorrow and I'm 99% sure we're having Chinese food, so I'll definitely have to take a walk then!
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Today is my first day with this group. I too log my food ahead of time, first thing in the morning. It's pretty easy since I eat the same thing pretty much everyday.

I also had a great NSV this morning. I bought a pair of jeans two sizes smaller and a couple weeks ago they were pretty tight. I put them on this morning and they fit great. I'm pretty happy about that. And I hit 25 lbs down today. AND it's Friday. Can't ask for more than that!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    FRIDAY!!!!
    It was nice waking up and realizing it really was Friday since I thought it was Friday the last 3 mornings I woke up.

I'm focusing on getting some exercise this weekend since I haven't taken the time these past couple of days. I really want to see a good number on those scales come Monday morning!

@ljb304 - welcome to the fun and CONGRATS on the NSV!!! I love it. I am so looking forward to those rewards for all this hard work. Makes it so worth it! You're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Keep it skinny. Log your meals. Get some cardio. Drink your water. OK - I'll leave you alone now.:laugh:
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's funny to read that someone else is having the Chinese food issue today. I was so proud of myself, planned my day out and came to work to find out everyone in my department is ordering Chinese and having lunch together. But I looked up some choices and planned out what and how much I will eat for lunch. Even found someone else to share a meal with me.

I came to the realization last might that I need to make this a life style change. I had lost almost 40 lbs then the holidays came and I just stopped working at it. Next thing I knew I could tell I had gained back some of it. Finally this morning I braved the scale and wow... 20lbs gained back. So from now on everyday counts. I may go over but that's life. All I can do is make the best choices and try to balance the day out.

Easy said 2 days back in to dieting lol
  • marybutterbaughlarson
    Options
    Just checking in. Its my 4th day on my diet and 3rd day on here. I feel that I am doing well so far. I have made a lot of friends on hete , loving the support!! Thanks!!
  • moonbeams896
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! After the skies opened up, I took Trapper over to the park and we walked a mile. Some kids tried to run me over on their bikes, glad they avoided me at the last minute :)

Feeling upbeat! Have a great weekend!
  • maryoracle
    maryoracle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey! Our group has 27 members! Encouraged to read your stories and comments.

Had a good day, after finding out I lost 2 more pounds, I was motivated to get out and go to a museum and do some walking.