Options
124»

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    when I clicked on Garmin Connect,

When you clicked from where?

Anyway, all the connection was made from Garmin Connect. It has smthg like "get started now" and it will open mfp and sync up (although recent entries may not register for a few minutes, be patient )
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying the point about entering exercise. Does this apply to Runtastic activities that automatically upload to MFP too?

Hello people,

i'm new to the group. I have skimmed read most of the posts and get the sense the integration with MFP is buggy. I use both Vivofit and Garmin Edge 800 for cycling. A couple of questions:

1) Do I have to manually add the calories burned (in MFP) as shown on Garmin Connect from my Edge 800?
    2) Garmin Connect appears to be counting my steps when cycling and therefore not stepping. Any else noticed this? I don't want to be over counting my steps and therefore burned calories.

Yes this is the problem I have been having. I emailed MFP asking them about it and this is the reply I received today. I'm not quite tracking with their thinking on this and have asked for some clarification.

Hi,

This is Justin stepping in for Derrick. My apologies for any inconvenience with Garmin integration.

Unfortunately at this time if there are any manual exercises logged to a Garmin - connected account, you will see very inaccurate values, as you have discussed in your PDF and emails.

This is due to the fact that currently Garmin does not pull exercise data from MyFitnessPal. Unfortunately the fix is not as easy as it seems it would be since Garmin is syncing with our API.

We are working with them to fix this. What needs to happen, is Garmin needs to pull the exercises manually logged from MyFitnessPal and chunk out VivoFit calories burned that occurred during that timeframe. This will make it so we do not negate those calories burned, and you are not getting duplicated calories burned.

We hope to have this fixed soon, for the time being we will need to ask you not to manually log any exercises.

My apologies for the trouble that this causes in the meantime, but we hope that once we have these issues fixed, the integration will be very useful and stress-free for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Justin
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying the point about entering exercise. Does this apply to Runtastic activities that automatically upload to MFP too?
  • cassjsu
    cassjsu Posts: 2
    Options
    When I click on Garmin Connect within the MFP app.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    From Garmin, connect mfp not the other way around. So from Garmin there will be "get started", click it and let it connect mfp from there
  • Sandra_Iren
    Sandra_Iren Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, where on connect can i change activity lvl to sedentary ?

I can't Get the calories to Add up on mfp and vivofit. Mfp says i have 973 cals left today and vivofit 1164
  • Sandra_Iren
    Sandra_Iren Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Aha! I found it and changed my activitylevel to 0, but nothing happened :s
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    mfp and connect both have different ways of calculation bmr. Neither of them are going to change their formula - so hence the slight difference.