2014 MFP LeTour Signup/Discussion Thread

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    It's not - but it's close enough that when I saw "Clark Goodman" pop up amongst all the anonymous flora and fauna I knew straight away who it was :laugh:

It's better than what I was going to do... I was going to go for Clark Cnut :laugh:

... in fact... Hmmm :laugh:

I May (or may not :wink:) have an alter-ego on another website by the name of Hucker. First Name Rudolph.
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just checking in on the spread sheet...just had to note that I LOVE those team pie charts!
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Amazing riding everyone!! It's really close, just about 200km separating 3 teams!!

Ok Team 4 time to get on the saddle if possible, we don't want to let the other mob catch up ;-) I'll try to get a little ride in today but the weather is looking a little dodgy.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Looks like half my riding yesterday doesn't count...app on the phone decided it didn't want to track the ride. Oh well...onward!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Looks like half my riding yesterday doesn't count...app on the phone decided it didn't want to track the ride. Oh well...onward!
    #nightmare!
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    #nightmare!
    Yeah, I was not happy when I pulled the phone out of the pannier and Strava showed 00:00 for ride time. It wasn't much, but every bit helps!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    TdF Spreadsheet updated again folks - can I just remind people, I need ALL entries in each posting, not just the last line update - I'm sick to the back teeth of fixing things for people - so from here on in anyone posting a single line update will find that all their prior rides are removed from the challenge. Would be a shame to lose 700+km because of being too damned lazy to copy a few existing lines of text into your post.

yes - I AM A MISERABLE GIT when it comes to that logging thread - what may seem a 60 second "so what" fix for me to do, multiplied by every bloody day gets right on my tits. Same with people logging "translated" distances and ascents. FFS folks, set your Strava to Metric, and declare the exact figures. Every time you post an obviously translated figure (2 decimal places on the distance is a giveaway) I have to leave the logging thread and go into Strava to get the ACTUAL FIGURE (sometimes it rounds up, sometimes down, not always in the obvious manner) - Again, this means extra time wasted - if people keep to the specified logging, it's a 30 second per person job - as soon as it goes outside the norm, it easily takes 5 times as long.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    No ride for me today Team 1. My wife and I are headed out on a six day tour tomorrow. She doesn't ride often, so we are limited to 15 to 20 mile rides. Should be enjoyable none the less. So, I've spent the day tuning the bikes, and packing, and getting things done around the house...
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This goes out to TBY and to my fellow riders on team 2. I will be leaving tomorrow (Sunday 7/20) for a camping trip. I return on Friday 7/25. I will be riding but I may not be able to log until my return. I do have a mobile hot spot that I hope to use but I am unsure what type of cell coverage I'll have where I'm camping.

Regards,
    Mike
    mdstamand
  • veloman21
    Options
    Crikey I'm glad it's a rest day tomorrow!!! My legs are screaming at me!!. I will try to ride today but TBH for the first time I'm not actually looking forward to it. Really don't know how the pros do it. Hats off to them and to all of us!! :-)

I have to say though that I am completely enjoying this challenge and challenge is a great word for it. I've managed to achieve distances things didn't know I was capable of and that and all the enjoyable banter with our 'peloton' has been great fun :-)

Chapeau TBY!!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    This goes out to TBY and to my fellow riders on team 2. I will be leaving tomorrow (Sunday 7/20) for a camping trip. I return on Friday 7/25. I will be riding but I may not be able to log until my return. I do have a mobile hot spot that I hope to use but I am unsure what type of cell coverage I'll have where I'm camping.

Regards,
    Mike
    mdstamand

No worries mike - I'll make a note of it in the "logging spreadsheet" so I know not to pester you - don't worry about downloading 'till you get back - save your phones battery :wink:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    No ride for me today Team 1. My wife and I are headed out on a six day tour tomorrow. She doesn't ride often, so we are limited to 15 to 20 mile rides. Should be enjoyable none the less. So, I've spent the day tuning the bikes, and packing, and getting things done around the house...

Sounds like a great way to spend some time Tom - enjoy your trip :-)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Regards,
    Mike
    mdstamand

Have a good trip, thanks for all your miles, much appreciated
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Crikey I'm glad it's a rest day tomorrow!!! My legs are screaming at me!!. I will try to ride today but TBH for the first time I'm not actually looking forward to it. Really don't know how the pros do it. Hats off to them and to all of us!! :-)

I have to say though that I am completely enjoying this challenge and challenge is a great word for it. I've managed to achieve distances things didn't know I was capable of and that and all the enjoyable banter with our 'peloton' has been great fun :-)

Chapeau TBY!!!

These challenges are wonderful for pushing you to your boundaries if you get into them, a real sense of achievement, I wanted to hit an average of 100km per day and I'm constantly behind lol, one final week to go to give it a push, good luck in your efforts, your milage has been fantastic!
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    These challenges are wonderful for pushing you to your boundaries if you get into them, a real sense of achievement, I wanted to hit an average of 100km per day and I'm constantly behind lol, one final week to go to give it a push, good luck in your efforts, your milage has been fantastic!

They are, I do not beleive I would be riding this much if it were not for this challenge. I put my MTB on hold so I could just work on this challenge. Looking fwd to getting back on the dirt for sure.
  • veloman21
    Options

Thanks Jason, I've enjoyed chasing you every km and up every hill LOL!!

Today was a good example of how the challenge gave me a shove. I went out this morning with a friend who is learning to ride and we did a nice easy paced 30 miles. Once home I was about to post the ride when I noticed all the rides with big distances being logged. A quick check of the standings showed my team in the lead but by the narrowest of margins. So, a bit embarrassed by my meager offering to the team, I went back out and hit the hills hard!!

Sooooooo glad it is a rest day tomorrow!
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    In the 'rides only' thread is it ok to delete older entries as long as they have been marked as 'logged'?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    In the 'rides only' thread is it ok to delete older entries as long as they have been marked as 'logged'?

Reference a post from TheBigYin earlier in this thread for more exact details but you need ALL entries when you post, not just the most recent.
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options

Reference a post from TheBigYin earlier in this thread for more exact details but you need ALL entries when you post, not just the most recent.

Yeah sorry. I mean older posts, assuming the current post contains all entries.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Leave any deleting to me (or my wonderful assistants who have mod. Access in the group)

I can read past the odd dupe post, it's when people post a single line and expect me to go out of my way to add the old posts in for them that I want to go medieval on their *kitten*...
This discussion has been closed.