Thank you! You will be a fine addition!
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you very much.
  • glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're still trying to fill team 4, I'm happy to put my name forward.
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Got my number and ready to ride....!

We will be on cycling vacation in the UK during this challenge. Husband and I are doing the end to end. (LEJOG).
    We are truly on vacation so giving ourselves about 3 weeks so we can experience the UK and not just get in mileage each day.
    If we hate it, then we'lll just hop a train for London!

Flight leaves tomorrow night. We sent our bikes ahead so they are waiting for us in Penzance. Excited!
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    like the Team 3
    his 'n hers dossards

too bad I can't get my husband on team 3 that would really help getting to double count each day for the team. dang why did I not think of that...he even has an MFP account and has had great success with it.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Perfect, yes please, Nottingham born and proud :), I'll take that and can modify when in the office tomorrow

nope.. no need!

14369931479_795b9901bb.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay folks,

Back on the "proper" computer (been on the App earlier and couldn't see the communities bit to check on this thread)

As I think I said - subs bench to be filled "first come, first served" - which means that substitutes who have posted in here are...

1. KaktusJaque
    2. glenncomiskey

(i've also had messages from a couple of other people - icehurtz and ScientificExplorerGirl, but in the interest of fairness and visibility to everyone I said everything had to be done in this thread - so order of subs. is down to postion of posting in here...)

So - Jaques, Mon Ami.. it looks like you're riding at #337 - if you fancy it :smile:

14556706795_837b23002a.jpg

Oh, and glenn...thanks for stepping up, and don't be surprised if we end up calling on your services - with a group this size, sadly, real life often intervenes at the damnedest moments, and i'm really, really happy that we've got at least another 1-3 substitutes just in case... it makes me far more comfortable to know, especially as we're going hardline on this one with no substitutions after the rollout from Leeds, that no team should end up starting the challenge with one man down...
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Got my number and ready to ride....!

We will be on cycling vacation in the UK during this challenge. Husband and I are doing the end to end. (LEJOG).
    We are truly on vacation so giving ourselves about 3 weeks so we can experience the UK and not just get in mileage each day.
    If we hate it, then we'lll just hop a train for London!

Flight leaves tomorrow night. We sent our bikes ahead so they are waiting for us in Penzance. Excited!

That sounds great - hope we put on decent weather for you!! LEJOG is something I'd like to do one day too so I'll be interested to hear how you get on :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I like it as well.

Mine would be pretty obvious.

Cowbells...coffee...:laugh:

as a 'cross kind of guy, i'd have thought this would have been more appropriate

be-vwvkk.gif
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I would like to join up too if its not too late :-)
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Perfect, yes please, Nottingham born and proud :), I'll take that and can modify when in the office tomorrow

nope.. no need!

14369931479_795b9901bb.jpg

Nice one, looks great, thanks :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hi there, I would like to join up too if its not too late :-)

Thanks - we've actually (re)filled the four teams at the moment, but there's still time for things to go pear-shaped, so while I can't offer a place at the moment, I'll happily add you into the "substitutes bench" - Sorry if it's been a lot of messing around for nothing, but I tried to make it clear from the outset it was a matter of "first-come, first-served" for any spaces.

So, if it's okay with you the substitutes bench looks like this at the moment

1. glenncomiskey
    2. ScientificExplorerGirl
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    I like it as well.

Mine would be pretty obvious.

Cowbells...coffee...:laugh:

be-vwvkk.gif

Nice! Can you add it for me? #331
  • TheBigYin
    Options

be-vwvkk.gif

I've been messing around with spreadsheets and computers (either for work or to get the logging sheet going properly) most of the day - i'll sort it for you tomorrow AM mate, if that's ok...
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options

be-vwvkk.gif

I've been messing around with spreadsheets and computers (either for work or to get the logging sheet going properly) most of the day - i'll sort it for you tomorrow AM mate, if that's ok...

Yup. No problem at all. :wink:
  • KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    337 is good with me for sure.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Here you go...

14562658932_fe06037a1e_o.jpg

I quite like that one, TBH...
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    ^ Thank you!!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay, logging threads are open (for the benefit of any nocturnal antipodeans :laugh: ) challenge begins midnight your local time, rides begun before that time will not count... If you're on a overnighter, stop the garmin at midnight plus one and restart it.

Best of luck everyone, and remember, it's not really a race, so don't go out and do anything silly and hurt yourselves... My conscience couldn't stand it (and my bank balance is not high enough to bother suing me either !!!)

Take care and have fun

Oh... Anyone need safety pins for their dossard ?
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    Options
    Safety pins are old school. :laugh:

Race Dots FTW!!! :happy:

Blg8b5LCMAAtzt4.jpg:large
This discussion has been closed.