cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    In. 332 is fine with me.

TBY - Done

ETA: now Tsfd to #331 :smile:
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I asked to join on the prior thread, but it looks as though I may have missed the cut.
    The Giro was fun and if there is room I'd like to do it again. Sorry if I didn't request properly first time around.
    I think I was 339 Giro....but I'm not hung up on retaining the same #. Whatever is easiest.

TBY - More simple explanation than that - I just missed your post. I'll drop you in on #321
  • kerrylikesbikes
    kerrylikesbikes Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hope I can live up to that cool number!
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them :)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Where's our Road Captain (#301)?
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Where's our Road Captain (#301)?

If no bugger else will do it, I suppose on the Giro Distances Showing I Aught to swap to "Team Leader" (301) from "road captain" (309)

(though I'm less "Kilburn" and more "Kilburn and the High Roads" when it comes to wearing the captains number)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Are we still racing under the 'Team FDS' banner?

If so, we'll have to have a bit of a reshuffle & 'kick out' those who chose NOT to be in Team #1 this year (not mentioning any names) :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Are we still racing under the 'Team FDS' banner?

If so, we'll have to have a bit of a reshuffle & 'kick out' those who chose NOT to be in Team #1 this year (not mentioning any names) :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol, just spreading the talent about cloggsy :)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them :)

Wow. That was heavy. I'm stealing that one. Great quote. Who's it from? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Wow. That was heavy. I'm stealing that one. Great quote. Who's it from? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Shakespeare.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy to be riding on a team in July. I will need some kind of incentive like this to keep me riding in the heat.

TBY - Glad to have you onboard again Tom - wouldn't be the same without you... Just don't overdo it in those temperatures mate :smile:
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm back :) Thanks for sorting me out TBY
  • TheBigYin
    Options

No worries - glad to see everyone's getting into this... now if we could only fill the last two places...

:grumble: Strange really - I thought that launching a week early, I'd end up filling the rosta, and then spend the last week trying to avoid adding another team... and here we are, 4 days in, and still can't fill the initial 4 teams. :ohwell:
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you have any spots left, toss me in there. Thanks!
  • Jakess1971
    Options

No worries - glad to see everyone's getting into this... now if we could only fill the last two places...

:grumble: Strange really - I thought that launching a week early, I'd end up filling the rosta, and then spend the last week trying to avoid adding another team... and here we are, 4 days in, and still can't fill the initial 4 teams. :ohwell:

I think these will be filed later today, Coltsman4ever is now in, henryda04 who's been on the monthly challenge and adding himself on Strava has asked me to add his name in, I've directed him to this thread, gave Riot a nudge too being a big hitter on the Giro and might not have twigged this yet. Quick quick grab a place!!!
  • henryda04
    henryda04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up for the last open spot.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay - quick additons / alterations then

Team #1 - I'm going to swap Harksy from #304 to team captain on #301

#304 can go to Coltsman4ever

and our final slot of #332 goes to henryda04

so - hopefully that's it for the signup process...

If however, anyone either comes down with a mystery virus or real life intrudes in some way as to make riding impossible, PLEASE let me know before the Rollout in Leeds on the 5th July, as no substitutions will be made after this point.

And, if anyone wishes to register interest in being a sub, again, feel free to let me know via PM and i'll add you to a section in the initial post. No promises of a ride sadly, this whole signup thing has been on the go since the end of the Giro in early June, but if you DO end up filling a gap in a team, I'm sure your distances will be deeply appreciated.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    NO PRESSURE TBY!!!!
    Early apologies then from me I will be off the bike for 3 days 1st week - on hols in Dublin (May try rent a Dublin bike although riding in the city centre doesn't really appeal to me))
    promise to add the extra miles in Before & After

Go TEAM #! :glasses:

il_fullxfull_311273856.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Well, it was either you or me Alan... I'll swap with you, if it's a problem - it's just i'm still not 100% fit (back's gone again!) so I thought you were a better option - but, hell - if this was for real, i'd cheerfully ride domestique-de-luxe for you...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'm glad we are all set. So all four teams remember, this is our pathway to fame, fortune and glory! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OK, maybe just our pathway to a lot of fun. So ride hard, stay safe and may team number 1 win. :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh:

For those of you who do not share my same warped sense of humor, that was a joke and I'm looking forward to the banter from the other teams. :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink:

TBY - Once again, thanks for hosting this and be assured that we do appreciate all the frustration you go through to make this happen. Cheers! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.