Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Me too! I didn't swim today :(. But I swim tomorrow :)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Swim WOD today,
    Warmup 15 minutes freestyle easy

4x100 each consisting of
    25 fist
    25 left side only
    25 right side only
    25 freestyle

Ladder @ race pace with 15 seconds rest between segments
    25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 75, 50, 25

4x75 with each consisting of
    25 kick, 25 free, 25 kick

Cooldown 10 minutes
    Choice
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500m this morning.....in England!!!!!

Was much harder than it should have been, but probably partly due to having only slept for six hours in the past 64 hours and having major jetlag!!
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1200 only. I hit snooze on my alarm clock and it meant I didn't have time for more. It was a grind but at least I got some time in.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    1 mile ( 1800 YD = 5400 FT ) @ 61 minutes

Welcome loneda & reynday

Hard to do precisely 1 mile in a 25 yd. Pool.
    35.2 laps. ;)
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Only did 3km last night. Had to call my wife to make sure she got up in time. Or daughter is off to the University of Hull UK for semester. Didn't want to be late to the airport.
    I'll make it up tonight since it was a sort of rest day yesterday. Ha!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    2500m this morning.....in England!!!!!

Was much harder than it should have been, but probably partly due to having only slept for six hours in the past 64 hours and having major jetlag!!

Been there. I have found that getting a swim in as soon as possible helps with jet lag and getting my mind back in synch.
    My daughter will be landing in Manchester tomorrow morning for a semester in Hull. I'll tell her to wave in your general direction ;)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Waiting. Patiently (or not) waiting for the pool to reopen. Running in the meantime. It's dusty and hot, and it doesn't smell like chlorine (although the forest does have a fabulous smell at this time of year)...
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    6.4km. Last night. My hand ended up making one dude regret not looking before he pushed off the wall. Funny thing is he was just standing there. Then just as I stroked forward with my left he decided to lunge forward off the wall.
    I've had people that know I'm passing them pushing of the wall at the same time that I am. They are doing breast and wide frog kick. So now I have to swim wide to avoid getting kicked.
    Luckily I had the lane to myself half of the swim.

Next Tuesday will be my last swim here for this trip unless I get enough done to the Wednesday morning off and swim at 7.
    Flight out Wednesday.
  • ryenday
    Options
    2850 meters total. 2150 crawl, then aquafit class, then 700 mixed strokes.
  • loneda
    Options
    1400 or so yesterday (I lost track.)
    2000 today.
  • ryenday
    Options
    1900 meters - mixed strokes. Thanks to Apple Watch I no longer worry about keeping track. When Apple upgrades the software in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know how the swim sets work on it.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    8km yesterday after taking a rest day in Friday.
    Gym opens at 10am today.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Only 7km on Sunday. Thankfully not crowded again.
  • ryenday
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1700 meters. Mixed stroke. 20 minutes of kick drills, didn't count laps for kicks. I feel like such a dilettante posting my puny swims here - lol
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    30x100m with fins.
  • loneda
    Options
    @ryenday I wish I'd done 1700 + kick.
    Today I swam 1200 including kick.
  • ryenday
    Options
    loneda wrote: »
    @ryenday I wish I'd done 1700 + kick.
    Today I swam 1200 including kick.

Aw, I was just kvetching. @fishgutzy 's "only 7k" made me realize I'd have to swim around 4 to 5 hours to get that in.

Also, I have a serious swimmer in the family who loves to make fun of what he calls 'my little swims', so I'm just self conscious. Lol
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    The pool finally opened! I got my mile in. There was still time before class, so I put my fins on and did a little more. I too, have "little swims." But I'm the only swimmer in the family, so they seem long and fabulous to me :blush: Post 'em all! That's been such a great thing about this group for me. Even I can call myself a swimmer among this lot!
  • ryenday
    Options
    The pool finally opened! I got my mile in. There was still time before class, so I put my fins on and did a little more. I too, have "little swims." But I'm the only swimmer in the family, so they seem long and fabulous to me :blush: Post 'em all! That's been such a great thing about this group for me. Even I can call myself a swimmer among this lot!

So glad your pool opened! My little swims seem long to me too!