Replies

• jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nope:grumble:
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Swam a teeny bit yesterday - 15 mins in Coniston Water, temperature took my breath away at first but beautifuil once you're in - no wetsuit required :smile:
    Would have loved to do more but wasn't fair to make kids stay out of the water any longer while mummy had her head down swim so we just splashed around together after that.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Coniston Water sounds chilly - at least when you are walking out into surf, the sea submerges you in waves whereas you have to make the decision to submerge in lake water! Well done - bet you were glowing after!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Would love to swim at Coniston - lucky you. Am down in Cornwall camping at the weekend so hope to make a couple of dips in the sea.

Back in the pool for me this morning - 45 mins for 1.6km crawl, 200m breastroke and 200m backstroke. Didn't manage any fly this morning as it was a much busier than normal pool.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2miles @ 81 minutes
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    you know what - five appointments, two before and three just after my lunch break meant I couldn't find travel time to get to swim at lunch - and not one of them turned up!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I had my masters workout today. I am adjusting to the meter pool vs the yard pool at the gym. We are working on my kicks with six kicks vs one slow arm pull to glide. You roll and then breath on either side. New to me! I swallowed some water then got it.
    Then 400 free, 400 breast with two kicks per one pull. 6 x 75 with breast free breast.
    The rest is a blur!
    I am the only one in my session so I get all of her attention. :laugh:
  • Snip8241
    Options
    you know what - five appointments, two before and three just after my lunch break meant I couldn't find travel time to get to swim at lunch - and not one of them turned up!

How inconsiderate of your time. :grumble:
  • conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    whew, made it in the pool.
    1500Y, SCY + 10 min vert kick just under an hour.

100 warmup drills
    5x50y build
    100 kick
    5x50y build
    100 kick
    5x50y build
    100 kick
    5x50y build
    10 min vert kick (cardio, fatburning heartrate)
    100-200 warmdown and stretch.

I have to do it all with fins for now.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yep got it in today. Only did 1900M instead of the 2K. No drinking over the weekend but too much food. Is Coniston a place or a kind of water? Forgive my Central PA ignorance.
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Yep got it in today. Only did 1900M instead of the 2K. No drinking over the weekend but too much food. Is Coniston a place or a kind of water? Forgive my Central PA ignorance.

Coniston Water is one of the lakes in the Lake District, UK. Most famous for being used to set various world water speed records (and, tragically, the place where Donald Campbell died trying to set a new record on the Bluebird in the 1960s), I have never swam there myself, but have visited and its a beautiful place. If you get to the UK at any time in the future the whole area is well worth a visit.
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Swam this morning and managed to get 4x20 lengths of butterfly done today before the pool got busier. Rest of the 45 min swim was mainly crawl, as always, with only a couple of lengths of breaststroke and backstroke slotted in.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes: 2 M @ 80 min.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I swam yesterday with my team. 2300 yards.
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yep . . .swam in pool at work which is not quite 25 meters, so I am unsure how much I did, but did about 45 minutes of laps!

New program I got from my trainer today is about 2800 meters . . .(this is me running in fear!)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    nope not today. Live 20 miles from the pool. Only get there 3 days a week. I got my hair cut today so maybe I'll swim faster tomorrow!!:laugh:
  • Snip8241
    Options
    Not today.....
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    swam my usual 2.5km yesterday.
    Switched to 4 sets of 625m instead of 5 sets of 500m for a bit of variation, and to test my endurance. I could feel it.

Looking forward to getting some training stuff soon
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I swam 2100 yards AND did some strength training.
  • 60sPanda
    Options
    Had a really strenuous Kung Fu class last night so swimming this morning was more of a leisurely affair than a full on swim. Did 1.8 km in 45 mins - mix of crawl/breast/back. Couldn't do butterfly as no space.