Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2200m tonight. First session back swimming with masters. I'd forgotten how much I've missed being told off from the side of the pool for having a bad technique lol.

200 kick

6x 125 pull as 50 finger drag 50 stroke count 25 build (20)

4x (4x50) free with 15s rest hold 38 and one minute rest after each set of four.

8x 50 on 1.10 as 2x each stroke

50 warmdown
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Today: 1.5 miles @ 75 minutes
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Not done any swimming for a week. Been proper grumpy for some reason and lost my mojo for all things healthy. I here by promise that I'll go tomorrow!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Not done any swimming for a week. Been proper grumpy for some reason and lost my mojo for all things healthy. I here by promise that I'll go tomorrow!

"It's just what I do" has gotten me to the pool more times than I care to remember. It's my little piece of self-talk that sits on my shoulder when the voice on the other shoulder is saying, "You don't have to go, you know..." Nope. It's just what I do. I start the day with the best of intentions. Making it part of my day/weekly routine helps me stick to those intentions.

Report back and tell us how your swim was. Even a lousy swim counts toward building the habit!! :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Rest day on Sunday. Pool was closed at the gym on the holiday yesterday.
    Swimming tonight after work.
    I really have to limit processed foods. Too much salt. Gained some water weight the last couple days.
    Melt it off in the pool tonight. :D
  • fishgutzy
    Options

I know the feeling.
    I had many month long Coma trips withno swimming at all until they finally found a pool for me. Sux bad.
    Swimming is an essential part of my physical and mental health. I know many in here feel the same.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    I don't know which came first, the grumps or the lack of motivation. Either way, rearranged things to be able to go today. My first mile done. 😎
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I don't know which came first, the grumps or the lack of motivation. Either way, rearranged things to be able to go today. My first mile done. 😎

it gets to the point where it doesn't matter which came first doesn't it? I know that if I ever feel like not swimming, it can be a sign of the grumps, but sometimes I miss the sign if other factors like tiredness/scheduling issues creep in.

:D nicely done on the mile!
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options

Great job getting it done!!! I have seen a pattern of my own that usually start with no motivation, talking myself out of going (I'm a grown up. I don't have to if I don't want to.), talking myself back into it (Just drive there. Get out of the car. Just get 10 laps in. Then you can sit in the hot tub.), until finally just going, and then going, going, going, and having one of my best swims. Admittedly, it's probably due to my mental state and incredibly low expectations for the day :blush:

Remember what Dory said in "Finding Nemo," Just Keep Swimming!!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    6.6km last night. Flushed out the water weight gain from too much processed crap food over the weekend.
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    2 miles @ 94 munites
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Went to the gym before work today to sneak in an extra swim.
    2.2km is all I have time for before work. But it was good. Spent most of the time seeing with one of my "swimming partners."
    I'll hit the pool door another 6.6km after work.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    1 mile yesterday - forgot to log (work was busy)

1mile today - was going to be longer but lack of staff at pool meant I only had 30 mins

1000m front crawl
    500m with hand paddles
    100m front crawl

the time limit did mean I wasn't wasting any time lol
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    8.8km total for today.
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    4150y today. A new distance record for me. As I was swimming up past the 2 mi mark, I started to see how gutzy can want to surpass his longest swim. I realized that I'd never seen my lap counter go into the 80s before. Or 90s. What would happen if I did 100 laps? It's not a fancy counter. Can it go that high? I might have to find out...

I stayed for the cardio class, but mostly because I was expecting my niece to show up. I was too tired for the usual intervals. Today, other than being hungrier, earlier, I'm fine :) I decided that in order to keep working on endurance, I'd like to get a 2-mile swim in twice a month. Fridays seem like the quietest pool days for that. A great way to end the week.
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    4km

completely forgotten the breakdowns - just kept swimming haha
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    I had an induction at the gym today. Want to keep swimming (obviously! 😀😉😂) but thought a bit of cross training wouldn't go amiss. Can I log that here too?!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500m

250 as 150 free 50 br 50 back

12x 25 fly on 45

Three times through
    50 back kick 50 back fast (20)
    50 free kick 50 free fast (20)
    100 free fast
    45s rest between set

4x 100RIM on 2.00

10x 50 free on 50

150 warmdown
  • Bruceapple
    Options
    1 mile @47 minutes
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    2.2km this morning before work.
    Planning 6.6km after work.
    This will make 4 days in a row of 8.8km
    last swim day for this trip. Fly home on Sunday.