Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2.5 km 54:25
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mixed in 6 20m Lengths of fly this morning. Felt very good. What is surprising is that after a length of fly, crawl seems soooo much easier. Aiming for 8 tomorrow.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1300 37:12

I think I HAVE to have miscounted, this was far and away my fastest time ever (By like five minutes per mile!), and my swim didn't feel that brilliant this morning.

(Ah, no. Didn't miscount... got the yards to meters conversion wrong... All better!)
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 54ish
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1 km 30/35 ish. Lost track of time when they did a simulated swimmer down test for the new Life Guards so we all had to get out of the pool. It has to be done at some time and during the Lane swim it is mainly adults who " usually " are a little more understanding.

Finally able to reply to forums and posts in the groups after all the software changes to MFP.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Did 1.5km of back and breast stroke this morning. Was not able to do any crawl or fly as when I lifted my right arm out of the water I got an annoying shooting pain in my bicep. Think that was linked to the weird variations on push ups that we were doing in kung fu the other night. Hope its OK by my next swim on Saturday.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    60sPanda wrote: »
    Did 1.5km of back and breast stroke this morning. Was not able to do any crawl or fly as when I lifted my right arm out of the water I got an annoying shooting pain in my bicep. Think that was linked to the weird variations on push ups that we were doing in kung fu the other night. Hope its OK by my next swim on Saturday.
    Wow! Best to rest that arm, so you can live to fight another day!
    :-)
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    60sPanda wrote: »

Hope your arm feels better. But I think breaststroke is unfairly maligned, anyway. Matthew Webb crossed the Channel using it!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    2.5 km 54:10 (or 53:10)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1000m (40 pool lengths), 45 mins approx, half:half breast and crawl.
  • AquaticQuests
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Been taking a peek at the Swimming Masters world championship times for 2010 (even for the 85-89 age group)! *gulp*
    Well at least I picked the right sport if 99 year olds can still post such respectable times!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Been taking a peek at the Swimming Masters world championship times for 2010 (even for the 85-89 age group)! *gulp*
    Well at least I picked the right sport if 99 year olds can still post such respectable times!

That's amazing and inspiring! I hope I can (live to) and stay active in my 80's.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    No, but; my pool has been down for maintenance; they started filling it up today. I am ready and miss the chlorine
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Bruceapple wrote: »
    No, but; my pool has been down for maintenance; they started filling it up today. I am ready and miss the chlorine
    Three more days Bruceapple?
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    If you call what I do swimming... ;) Still doing lots of practice, trying to find a breathing rhythm, and get my technique right. I still turn my head too far, sometimes turning my torso, although not as much as before. It's a slow process for me, but I want to be able to do this if I want or need to later in life. And I don't want to be struggling like this at that time. I'm learning now what I should have learned as a kid.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    12/13: 40 min, free style mixed with/without swim fins
    12/11: 30 min, free style mixed with/without swim fins
    12/9: 30 min, free style mixed with/without swim fins
    12/6: 30 min, free style mixed with/without swim fins
    Week prior recovering from chest cold
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1300 39:00

Anyone else feel clumsy in the water for the first hundred yards or so after a few days out of the pool?
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    All the time, Noel. All the time, lol... ;)
  • NoelFigart1
    Options
    1500 43:27
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, pool back open 2 miles @ 73 minutes.
    Water felt good, cool 78 degrees.