Leslie Sansone August 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I traveled all the way to Minnesota today and on to Iowa state fair tomorrow.....8 hours of traveling and no exercise:cry: I have no idea how I will be able to eat healthy at this huge fair.....wish me luck!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1.75 miles today (half after lunch and half after dinner)
    Also did a Karen Voight DVD which I did not count toward my miles.
    18.75/60 done
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I traveled all the way to Minnesota today and on to Iowa state fair tomorrow.....8 hours of traveling and no exercise:cry: I have no idea how I will be able to eat healthy at this huge fair.....wish me luck!

Kayla'sMom,

Eeeek! Fair food. That will be tough finding food that's healthy. Not to worry, just get back into your regular routine as soon as you can :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    14/45

Walk Strong Everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you Michelle! I walk several times a day. In the morning I walk my 8 miles with Leslie and then in the afternoon I get the rest of my miles in, usually after dinner.

8 advanced miles with Leslie

59 miles with Leslie to date

5 miles outside

33 miles outside to date

92 miles total to date

goal 150 miles

Happy Walking Everyone!!!!!

my daughters wedding is Sept 14. I am determined to lose 6 pounds before then, but its a struggle. I am walking my fool head off trying!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    It's interesting to me that after I set a monthly walking goal in July, I had great difficulty getting out to walk! I was having a bad attitude about tracking my miles, but as of today, I've found a lovely way to track that I like! I've had a bumpy last two weeks and I want to walk more miles and be more consistent, too. My motto is KEEP GOING, so I'm back here on the forum!

I'm so excited that I've finally found a Leslie DVD that I LOVE! It's the Walk Down Your Blood Sugar DVD and I couldn't believe it yesterday when the mile was done, it was SO fast. So I walked TWO! That's a really big deal for me!

And I enjoyed yesterday so much that I did it again today!

AUGUST GOAL: I really want to set my goal at walking 5 out of 7 days (Monday starts a new week)

TODAY: 2 miles AM

Total Miles Aug Inside: 4
    Total Miles Aug Outside: 0

I'm thinking about walking AM and PM because I like it so much! Do any of you walk more than once a day?

Michelle, your enthusiasm is infectious! Good for you and glad for you that you found a favorite workout right off the bat. You're going to reach your goal with this attitude, Girl. :wink:

I used to walk in the evening after work a few years ago, but switched to just morning when I retired.

Hope a good day!
  • cheetahrocker88
    Options
    So far I have walked 15 miles my goal is 60 for the month, for some reason I forgot what my goal was I thought it was to do Leslie Sansone everyday which would of made me fall short. sometimes I don't workout on weekends. I looked at my goal today and was so glad that it was doing 60 miles We Can Do This!
  • startergal53
    startergal53 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great encouragement here-hadn't been to the group in a few days and needed to catch up-
    loved the 10 minute walk after meal Alex- it's something we can all do easily eh?
    FAIR FOOD! It is the best. Enjoy it- it's only for a day right?! Celebrate and think of all the walking you'll be doing.
    Biked yesterday 26 miles so my walking count is down this week since I have been biking more.
    To date: 24/110
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy walking everyone. I walked 6 miles this morning. My son purchased me a smart phone with a wonderful walking app. This is going to push me to walk more. LOL

45/140
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Congrats to you Michelle! I walk several times a day. In the morning I walk my 8 miles with Leslie and then in the afternoon I get the rest of my miles in, usually after dinner.

59 miles with Leslie to date

5 miles outside

33 miles outside to date

92 miles total to date

goal 150 miles

my daughters wedding is Sept 14. I am determined to lose 6 pounds before then, but its a struggle. I am walking my fool head off trying!

You got this! Your walks are incredible and you have been working so hard. Stay positive and continue to walk strong!:flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    August-60 miles
    8/1-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-7.25 miles (MFP says 2188 calories burned! LOL)=7.25 total
    8/5-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-2.17 miles=9.42 total
    8/6-Endomondo tracked Mountain Hike-11.03 miles=20.45 total
    8/8 Endomondo tracked Mountain Walk (no back pack)=1.97 miles=22.42 total

Michelle-Great to see you back for the August Challenge! When I first started, 1 mile was a challenge so I worked up to it by walking 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. It is certainly not going to be a problem to do that so go for it! However, as you get more fit, you walk more miles and it takes longer so finding the time twice a day can be a challenge, especially with children, houses, jobs etc. For this group, any walking is good walking so walk as often as you want to and we will cheer you on! :flowerforyou:

Happy walking everyone!
  • zichab
    Options
    Good morning and happy walking everyone. I walked 6 miles this morning. My son purchased me a smart phone with a wonderful walking app. This is going to push me to walk more. LOL

45/140

Oh my gosh Pinkypan, my son also set me up with my workout app as well and I LOVE it! I would never have even thought of an app on my own! Now, I use it for all my walking and hikes and would be lost without it. What would we do without our tech savvy sons! :smile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Welcome Back Startergal-we missed your encouraging happy posts! :smile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    16/45

Happy Friday, Walkers!

:flowerforyou:
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    PinkyPan and zichab, happy about your apps. Do you know who started the whole revolution of those apps? None other than Dr Levine, the author of the book "Get up!". Read his book and the funny story of when he undressed to show the accelerometer built into his underwear to Apple, who shortly thereafter built in the accelerometer in the iPhone.

miles: 53/90
    cal: -2300

Travelled today, so only 2 miles walk :(
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    6.1 miles walked today

5t.13 miles walked to date
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    2 miles yesterday and 10 today.

34.45/100

Happy walking everyone xxx
  • zichab
    Options
    Hi Alex-Glad to read that Apple revolutionized the Apps for walking. I love my MacBook Pro & iPad! I still do not use a "smart" phone as my land line works great and does not bother me in the bathroom! LOL I do not have time to read Dr. Levine's book, but I have read the excerpts and terrified of sitting now! :noway: Thanks so much for sharing!

Happy Walking!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    PinkyPan and zichab, happy about your apps. Do you know who started the whole revolution of those apps? None other than Dr Levine, the author of the book "Get up!". Read his book and the funny story of when he undressed to show the accelerometer built into his underwear to Apple, who shortly thereafter built in the accelerometer in the iPhone.

miles: 53/90
    cal: -2300

Travelled today, so only 2 miles walk :(

I had no idea Alex. How cool is that? I learn so much from you and I :smile: look forward to the wealth of knowledge you share here.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    thanks Pinky! I am trying hard. I so want to be at that goal for my daughters wedding. My dress fits now so that's good but that is a goal I had set for myself and am working hard at it.

67 miles with Leslie to date

5 miles outside

38 miles outside to date

105 miles total to date

goal 150 miles