8/4: 1.25
    8/5: 1.67
    8/6: 1.48
    TOTAL: 4.40 MILES

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    I was playing around with the spreadsheet a little today and added a new column that might interest some of you. :smile:

Column Q - Miles Needed for "Green"

It contains the number you need to be equal or greater than in Column G in order to be "In the Green" or considered "On Track".

I had been doing it for myself for a little while when a lightbulb went off today (or maybe it was a candle flicker :laugh::laugh:) and I thought, "Hey!! I bet I can figure out an easy way to do that for everyone!!" And sure enough...it was* super simple! Only took me about 90 seconds to fully implement. :drinker:

I hope you like it and find it useful!!

Dave

Thanks Dave! You might beat me in spreadsheet geekery. ha. :bigsmile:

(except it doesn't seem to be working... there are several people in the green who still show they "need" miles to get to the green.... or maybe I don't understand what is being shown in the column... :ohwell: )
    Yes, that was bothering me too! :smile: Because right now it just shows the number to beat and still shows if someone is past it. I have it set to not display if the number is zero, but I haven't figured out how to make it not show if someone is already green. I'll think about it some more today and see if I can solve that problem too. :smile:

Maybe calling the column name something else would be clearer?

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    YES!!! I figured it out!! NOW it does not show how many miles you need if you're already green!!! :happy::happy::happy:

Just please keep in mind that it might still occasionally show the miles if you're already green because that calculation is based off of cell A1 which *always* automatically rolls over and updates *precisely* at midnight every night, but I pretty much *never* get the formulas to change the colors updated at the same time. It is almost always later in the day. Some days, much, much, MUCH later. :laugh: I wish there was a way to make that process "automatic" at midnight as well, but I don't believe it's possible. Yet anyway. I'll keep thinking about that too and maybe the candle will light again. :bigsmile:

But still, that number (if it shows) is not wrong. It is just the number you need to be beyond to be green....it's the bar you have to pass. If you're already past it, then great!! :bigsmile:

Dave
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    8/5 - 9.37 walking and biking (I biked on 8/4 also, not just walking!)
    Total to date: 38.83 of 200 miles
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Here we go! Updated:

8/1: 5.8 miles walking
    8/2: 6.1 miles walking
    8/3: 7.5 miles walking incl 9 holes of golf!
    8/4 - Zero - had food poisoning which has thrown this week in to a tizzy
    8/5 - 5 miles walking (which was supposed to be my cycling day :-((

24.5 /120

I was hoping to get a ride i but that probably wont happen before Tuesday.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    8/5 - 1 mile

Total - 5.62 out of 50 miles

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    adding 3.19
    mtd 13.81

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I figured it out!! NOW it does not show how many miles you need if you're already green!!! :happy::happy::happy:

Just please keep in mind that it might still occasionally show the miles if you're already green because that calculation is based off of cell A1 which *always* automatically rolls over and updates *precisely* at midnight every night, but I pretty much *never* get the formulas to change the colors updated at the same time. It is almost always later in the day. Some days, much, much, MUCH later. :laugh: I wish there was a way to make that process "automatic" at midnight as well, but I don't believe it's possible. Yet anyway. I'll keep thinking about that too and maybe the candle will light again. :bigsmile:

But still, that number (if it shows) is not wrong. It is just the number you need to be beyond to be green....it's the bar you have to pass. If you're already past it, then great!! :bigsmile:

Dave

You did Great!! Thank you
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Yesterday walked 6.08 miles

24.58 miles walked to date
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    4 mile run w .3 warm up walking =)

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Cool, thanks! Now you get both the number to beat for "Green" annnnd how many miles to get there!!

I hope this isn't too* much info and has the opposite effect of making you feel bad if you get too far behind and making you want to give up.... :blushing: ...but I guess then the best solution is to do your best not to get behind in the first place. :flowerforyou: Or just do whatever you can to chip away at it if you fall back.

Dave
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Aug 5 - 4.7 km
    Aug 6 - 2 km

Total 24.8/120
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for another 750 miles as have another 11 day holiday in a fortnight

01-08: Rest day
    02-08: 31.98 miles
    03-08: 17.91 miles
    04-08: 36.97 miles
    05-08: 31.01 miles
    06-08: 27.20 miles
    August miles: 145.07

YTD miles: 7351
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    8.30 miles walked today

32.88 miles walked to date
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New total 25.5 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Dave, you rock!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

To the person asking about Fitbit miles for this challenge - my two cents and how I do it - (although I'm currently waiting for another Fitbit replacement after my current replacement died) - I only count the miles I do for the sole purpose of exercise/calorie burning/steps. I don't consider everyday normal walking - to the mailbox, parking lots, around the house, etc - to be exercise. I'm a nurse, I average 3-5 miles per shift, yet I've always been obese. My interpretation of this group is to help me increase what's normal for me and move more - and it's done that. I started out with 35 miles per month, now I'm aiming for 80. This is all my opinion, I know there are people who do count all their Fitbit miles and that's just as okay. It's what you want and like someone upthread said, just stay consistent to what you decide.

After three long shifts, I got 4 miles in. Ran a mile - and why is it 90 freakin' degrees when it was in the 70s before I started those shifts? Did another half mile in intervals, trying to string them all together so I can not make a fool of myself at my subdivision's 5K next month.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Aug 6: 8.25 miles running 4.25 miles and walking 4 miles

TTD: 59.25 miles

exercise.png
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... 4.5 mile run this evening!

exercise.png