AUGUST 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, I missed last month completely...I think, and won't get a lot done this month.....
    but put me down for..

50 miles gym bike.

I've already gotten in 15 of them. I'll put in a post claiming them later on .
    Thanks,
    Gail
  • trina512
    trina512 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Aug 5--7 miles walked

**total 23.5 of 150 miles walking
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    8/6 - 1.05 mile walk
    5.3 miles exercise bike

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Wednesday 8/06

(Exercise bike 30.91 miles & walk 1.25 miles)

**total 32.10 miles for today

***192.80 miles done and 707.20 miles to go....:happy:
  • willowcreeklane
    willowcreeklane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    08.05 7.81

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    To the person asking about Fitbit miles for this challenge - my two cents and how I do it - (although I'm currently waiting for another Fitbit replacement after my current replacement died) - I only count the miles I do for the sole purpose of exercise/calorie burning/steps. I don't consider everyday normal walking - to the mailbox, parking lots, around the house, etc - to be exercise. I'm a nurse, I average 3-5 miles per shift, yet I've always been obese. My interpretation of this group is to help me increase what's normal for me and move more - and it's done that. I started out with 35 miles per month, now I'm aiming for 80. This is all my opinion, I know there are people who do count all their Fitbit miles and that's just as okay. It's what you want and like someone upthread said, just stay consistent to what you decide.

After three long shifts, I got 4 miles in. Ran a mile - and why is it 90 freakin' degrees when it was in the 70s before I started those shifts? Did another half mile in intervals, trying to string them all together so I can not make a fool of myself at my subdivision's 5K next month.

@Kar328 - You have "influenced me" I have been using a fitbit, but have been counting "all" miles and I realize that is not necessarily "right" in my book. From now on I am only going to count "intentional" miles: running, walking, stationary bike and not "incidental" miles. (I do a step challenge on fitbit) -
    Thanks so much for posting what you did :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I actually "docked" myself miles today. I am not going to just count the distance on my fitbit. I am only going to count "intentional" miles. It is definitely going to be a challenge to make my goal.
    i just need to really pay attention to my runkeeper app, the elliptical distance, and stationary bike.

It is a personal choice, but I feel good about it. ( A post by Kar328 really made me stop and think :drinker: )

Today: 2.5 mile run/walk AM. 1 mile walk pM
    Revised Total 18.0 miltes

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Rest day, I am back in training again. I am not going to let that half century ride last month get to me. I have signed up for another ride, but it is a little different. Called Tour De Blast, you start in a small town in Washington State, and ride the Spirit Lake Memorial Highway, til the road ends. Did I mention that road ends 5 miles directly in front of the open crater of an active volcano? This is the Mt Saint Helens ride, it is an out and back. It also has a 6000 ft elevation gain. Boy do I know how to pick em. My son is going along to keep me safe. They don't call them rest stops, they are called decision points, as each segment is way tougher until the last 10 miles where you are virtually doing a switch back climb to the top of the debris flow. Got 5 weeks to prepare.

08/01 - 14.0 miles biking
    08/02 - 7.0 miles biking
    08/03 - 2.0 miles walking
    08/04 - 14.0 miles biking
    08/05 - 14.0 miles biking
    08/06 - 2.0 miles walking

Total: 53.0 miles

exercise.png
  • kelly1969a
    kelly1969a Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everybody's doing really well so far. As for myself, not so much. I'm getting off to a slow start, with only 2.5 mile walks on 8/4/14 and 8/2/14. I plan on going for a bike ride tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some much needed mileage. So it's 5 miles down, 95 to go for the month.

-Kelly
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    short 0.86 walk on my coffee break

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 12.5 so far. Now I just need to keep moving so I can make it to goal this month!

exercise.png
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    8/6- 7 miles cycling

exercise.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    Options
    8/6 4 mile run / 3 mile walk

Total MTD: 39 of 220 target

Today, I had a lot of errands that had to get done this morning than by noon I ALMOST talked myself out of a run, yikes! I accomplished it plus a walk, yay!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    7.66 miles walked today

40.54 miles walked to date
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    I actually "docked" myself miles today. I am not going to just count the distance on my fitbit. I am only going to count "intentional" miles. It is definitely going to be a challenge to make my goal.
    i just need to really pay attention to my runkeeper app, the elliptical distance, and stationary bike.

It is a personal choice, but I feel good about it. ( A post by Kar328 really made me stop and think :drinker: )

Today: 2.5 mile run/walk AM. 1 mile walk pM
    Revised Total 18.0 miltes

exercise.png
    That's how I choose to do it too. I only count the extra, "intentional" exercise miles too. The only time I've used my Fitbit miles was when I was doing laps for exercise in my apartment building complex hallway during the dead of winter last year and had no other way to measure the distance. And then I only used the distance covered during those walking sessions....not the distance of my entire day.

But that doesn't mean I expect everyone to do it that way. That's just how I choose to do it. Everybody should do it however they want and how it works best for them. :smile:

Dave
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    3 Aug 6 miles
    4 Aug 5.2 miles
    5 Aug 5.7 miles
    6 Aug 6.9 miles

MTD 34.5 miles
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym this evening w/my daughter. It was a great workout. We have had some really muggy weather the last couple of days...it's so weird.

7.48 miles for Wednesday.

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.38 walking miles

exercise.png
  • christenafreda
    christenafreda Posts: 212 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    To the person asking about Fitbit miles for this challenge - my two cents and how I do it - (although I'm currently waiting for another Fitbit replacement after my current replacement died) - I only count the miles I do for the sole purpose of exercise/calorie burning/steps. I don't consider everyday normal walking - to the mailbox, parking lots, around the house, etc - to be exercise. I'm a nurse, I average 3-5 miles per shift, yet I've always been obese. My interpretation of this group is to help me increase what's normal for me and move more - and it's done that. I started out with 35 miles per month, now I'm aiming for 80. This is all my opinion, I know there are people who do count all their Fitbit miles and that's just as okay. It's what you want and like someone upthread said, just stay consistent to what you decide.

After three long shifts, I got 4 miles in. Ran a mile - and why is it 90 freakin' degrees when it was in the 70s before I started those shifts? Did another half mile in intervals, trying to string them all together so I can not make a fool of myself at my subdivision's 5K next month.

@Kar328 - You have "influenced me" I have been using a fitbit, but have been counting "all" miles and I realize that is not necessarily "right" in my book. From now on I am only going to count "intentional" miles: running, walking, stationary bike and not "incidental" miles. (I do a step challenge on fitbit) -
    Thanks so much for posting what you did :flowerforyou:

It's great that we're all learning from each other - seeing what works for others, trying it for ourselves... maybe it will work, maybe it won't - but I think the community support and ideas are wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.