• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    My August goal is 900 miles...
    Good luck everyone....:happy:
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    8/1 - I'm trying for 200 miles this month between walking/running/stationary bike
    Total to date: ____ of 200 miles
    cautiously optimistic about my chances of meeting goal
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Count me in too~ I will go for 110 miles walked *using my fitbit*. Thanks for the motivation!!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think I'm ready to start up again. We had a crazy couple months of evicting former tenants, moving, cleaning, repairing, making a major decision to quit a job I didn't like and find a new one, waiting around while the job I really wanted had to delay decision making, and then thankfully having it all worth waiting for. I start my new job Monday. Oh yeah, somewhere in there I also graduate with a BSBA in Accounting and am now studying for the Certified Management Accountant exam. A lot of that time I was walking but never had time to keep track of it. I haven't been running much though. While I now live in a beautiful place, the roads don't have shoulders. I'm trying to find some place to run.

So to be nice to myself on my first month back I am setting August goal to 50 miles.
  • trina512
    trina512 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm coming over from another challenge group that is closing. Happy to join you all.

I would like to do 150 miles tracked by my fitbit. My side goal for that is to include at least 20 miles of running throughout the month. I finally reached 150 miles for the first time this month. I'm a little worried about keeping it up because I start back to work the later half of this month, but I'm up for the challenge.

Good luck everyone!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Vacation this month, so I won't be setting my miles too high for August - Going for 100 miles !!

August 1st: 12 miles (*Spin*)

Total (*so far): 12 miles
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200. Tomorrow is my first race since one of my students ran into me in January and tore my lateral meniscus. I am going for my second adventure race. Kayaking, cycling and running. Thank you to NHOSPT for my second round of PT. Without them I would be hanging up my bike and running shoes.

Aug 1: 2 miles cycling and 5 miles walking

TTD: 7 miles

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I'm off to a good start. Let's hope I stick to it!
    8/1 25.2 miles (spin)
  • spikesmom
    Options
    I'm coming over from another challenge group that is closing. Happy to join you all.

I would like to do 150 miles tracked by my fitbit. My side goal for that is to include at least 20 miles of running throughout the month. I finally reached 150 miles for the first time this month. I'm a little worried about keeping it up because I start back to work the later half of this month, but I'm up for the challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome aboard!
  • spikesmom
    Options
    OK. I'm going back to 400 miles on my goal. I lost my relief vet for the KooCanUsa 82 mile ride so I'm back to taking it more reasonable and sane on training for the Huckleberry 100.
    @sufferlandrian,
    I have to laugh at you stating that 400 miles is more reasonable and sane! Good luck!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    110 miles for August
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    50 miles.
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    An optimistic 70 :bigsmile: !

Walters - You can do it!!! :happy: :happy:
    Thanks!! Hubby got released to go back to work (TIA 3 months ago).....:drinker: :drinker: I'm on a mission to get back into my routine of walking. :bigsmile:
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Another afternoon of sightseeing and I'm up to 10 miles already. May be more depending on what happens for dinner.

Welcome back Sharonks - glad all is working out.

And welcome to those joining from the defunct challenge. This is a great group - hope you enjoy it here.

exercise.png
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,952 Member
    Options
    Goal for August is 220 miles for Running / Walking. My plan is to at get some get some kind of run in EACH day of August! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE 

View (but not edit) at this address: 

WWW.TINYURL.COM/MYAC201402

Making her July GOAL now is KAYAK_KUTIE!!! :drinker:

JANET - That's so amazing! From a mile to several half and full marathons! That means I might still have a chance! :laugh:

QUEENEGREENE - thanks and glad you found us and are enjoying success with it! :smile:

LOVEMYALEX - WOW! That's great to see you shooting for the stars! You amaze me. :)

SHARONKS - Welcome back! We left a light on for you. :) Glad things are looking up!

CLEPANT - Glad you're recovered and ready to roll! Good luck at your race this weekend! :drinker:

Welcome to all the new people! Sorry to hear about your old challenge, but hey, it's our gain! :) We've been around since October 2010 and hope to be around for an even longer time to come! Wishing you great success here. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words of thanks for keeping this challenge going. I don't always say something but I see every one of them and I'm grateful that we're able to offer this to you. I have gotten so much out of it over the last 3+ years and continue to do so to this day. I'd be lost without it and all of you...probably spending my evenings and weekends on the couch eating junk. So my heartfelt thanks right back to you! :smile:

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    It figures that I finally up my goal number and the first day of the month it's pouring. It was slightly drizzly when I went out, then got worse as I went on. Finally decided to just go 2 miles, I ran slightly over 1 (iphone in pouch so it wouldn't drown and I didn't look at it). As I was trying to turn into my subdivision area, some lady in a car decides to turn right in front of me to ask if I wanted a ride :angry:

Well, at least I'm clean :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to everyone coming over from other challenges.

I'm going to drop my goal to 25 miles for August for now and will adjust it up as needed.

Cast is supposed to come off the 21st (keep your fingers crossed) and I'm sure I will have some form of physio afterwards.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi I am upping it to 124 this month.
    Will get miles from fitbit +
    stationary bike + elliptical (Note that when I am on the stat bike or elliptical I let the fitbit sit dormant so I don't "double dip" :smile: )

I do the same thing Chevy!

Although, I hook my FB to my bra strap so it doesn't log when I'm on the stationery bike.

Mods - I see I am not listed as being in the Fitbit group.
This discussion has been closed.