Like Minded Lushes - August 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Last night was awesome!!!! Had 3 (5.5oz) pours of Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Stout Barleywine and Bourbon County Stout Coffee....YUMMY!!!! Of course, we got there early because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten a seat, so I had a Founders Porter to hold me over before the event started :laugh: And when we got home we split 3 beers.
    Needless to say I did not wake up for the gym this morning, so we are planning a nice long walk/hike (at least 6 miles) and no drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is a different story. We are brewing our pumpkin beer. So our plan is to get up super early, hit the trail and start brewing by 8am....which means beers get cracked at the same time :drinker:

Happy weekend!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Ooof Thu - 8 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    you know that plan I had for no drinks last night? well yeah...TOTAL fail.
    Tonight will be a 0 tho..There's no booze in the house and I don't feel like going out to get any. That's one way to get a 0!!

Happy weekend to everyone :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    for some reason the raspberry lemonade and vodka I was drinking was really tasty. I had tooo many while watching the game. Broncos won!!!!! I love football and my Broncos. It is Friday so there is no point in saying that I will have a zero. It has been a long week..
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I forgot you are Broncos fan, Robyn, I missed the game for anniversary dinner, glad they won!

We split 2 bottles of wine, one before dinner and one with dinner. It might have been a little too much, I feel a little bit hung over today. Planning workout, maybe some drinks...
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I totally lied....I'm drinking.... vanilla vodka and locally made root beer, pretty damn good!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Dear lushes have been quiet. I had a good weekend. Doug and I bought and hauled half the cinder block we needed for our raised planter project. My biceps are sore from moving them from the truck to the back yard and setting the first row. Last night I did something I haven't done for about 17 years. I auditioned for a professional ****ens Carolers group. I haven't sight sung music in about 16 years and I haven't sung in front of people for about 15 years ( I was with a group in LA before I moved up here) the adrenaline rush after the audition was mind blowing. I forgot how it felt. I may or may not get a callback. I will keep you all posted. Needless to say but I downed a bottle of wine when I got home to take the edge off. I hope you all had a great weekend.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    How fun Robin!!!!!!

Friday-3 vanilla vodkas with root beer...walked 7.13 miles it was a gorgeous day!!!!
    Saturday-4 beers and 6 vanilla vodkas with root beer...we brewed, played a yard game and some cards.
    Sunday-1/2 beer, 4 red bull and vodkas and 2 vanilla vodkas with root beer...we were just being silly drunks :wink:

Heavy hitter this weekend :laugh:

Planning on some zeros this week....let's start with Monday-0 :bigsmile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    good for you, robin!

quiet weekend which I was grateful for. Logged a 0 on Friday. had tequila on Sat and wine yesterday. Not a lot and managed to exercise both days, which felt great.

leaving for a long weekend coming up with lots of partying up in LA...so the plan is to be good this week and exercise every day. Maybe even throw in a couple of 0's.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 2 beers
    Sat - 3 beers
    Sun - 5 drinks
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0 :bigsmile:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-10 oz red
    Tuesday-Thursday- 0 (that's the goal!):bigsmile:
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this group. Not only do I like to drink alcohol, I also make it (beer), and I belong to three local homebrew clubs where we all share our latest brews with each other. I don't brew or drink many light-style beers either, all high gravity / high calorie stuff. Some of the beers I brew approach 400 calories / 12 oz bottle, but those beers are around 12% ABV, so I'm not exactly going through a six pack in an evening.

Here is my strategy for dealing with the extra calories from alcohol. When I know I will be drinking in the evening, I'll run a calorie deficit all day, especially for carbs since I count alcohol calories as carb calories. If I'm going to a big event like a beer festival, I'll get in some extra cardio in that morning to help create that deficit.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this group. Not only do I like to drink alcohol, I also make it (beer), and I belong to three local homebrew clubs where we all share our latest brews with each other. I don't brew or drink many light-style beers either, all high gravity / high calorie stuff. Some of the beers I brew approach 400 calories / 12 oz bottle, but those beers are around 12% ABV, so I'm not exactly going through a six pack in an evening.

Here is my strategy for dealing with the extra calories from alcohol. When I know I will be drinking in the evening, I'll run a calorie deficit all day, especially for carbs since I count alcohol calories as carb calories. If I'm going to a big event like a beer festival, I'll get in some extra cardio in that morning to help create that deficit.

Hey Josh! Welcome!!! My husband, Lenny and I also brew and like you...nothing light!!!! Saturday we just brewed a imperial pumpkin :bigsmile: We are currently using extract with specialty grain...about to make the move to all grain in a few months!!!
    Tis all, just thought I'd share my love for high gravity beers as well!!!! :laugh:
    Kate
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh! Welcome!!! My husband, Lenny and I also brew and like you...nothing light!!!! Saturday we just brewed a imperial pumpkin :bigsmile: We are currently using extract with specialty grain...about to make the move to all grain in a few months!!!
    Tis all, just thought I'd share my love for high gravity beers as well!!!! :laugh:
    Kate
    Nice. I have a Belgian Golden Strong with fresh strawberries and an oak-aged Belgian quadrupel ale that both just got ready. I'm bringing them to share at my homebrew club meeting tonight.

Oh yeah, left out part of my strategy. If I'm out at a bar that has drinking and dancing, 30 minutes on the dance floor will completely make up for that IPA I just drank.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Welcome josh. It's a good group. Many of whom love their beer.

I went vodka/squirt with fresh watermelon juice last night...1 large.

more exercise today and maybe some wine if I manage to go get some.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Welcome Josh! You will find this group a great bunch of people!

Am up a five pounds what with the son's wedding, eating drinking and merry making going on the past few weeks. :drinker: :drinker:

Going to work hard to shed those before Labor Day. We'll see, as I refuse to get any zeros in, darn my lack of inner strength! :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - welcome lushy-beer-making Josh

I've been lushy - that is all

Ashley, I hope that you are doing well with the pregnancy.

Ryze, I have no inner or outer control

Sunday, 3 wines and a large vodka soda - Hubs made it so I am sure it was a heavy pour
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0 - maybe
    Thursday, 0
    Friday,
    Saturday, lushy
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-Let's see if we can do it again-0
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Nice job Kate!!

I am stressing at the amount of stuff I have to get done today...

Register for my BA classes & work on my CEU's as well
    Transfer kids to new schools or try to keep them in the old
    We move in 45 days - have 2 storage sheds for all our ****