Like Minded Lushes - August 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nice job Kate!!

I am stressing at the amount of stuff I have to get done today...

Register for my BA classes & work on my CEU's as well
    Transfer kids to new schools or try to keep them in the old
    We move in 45 days - have 2 storage sheds for all our ****

Kim, that definitely sounds like a lot, but remember it will all get done....try and breathe and just get through it!!
    Good Luck!!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome Josh your brews sound awesome.

I am Robin but some call me Mama Lush.

I have been very lushy the past two evenings. I just don't feel like doing anything after work. I also have no inner or out control.

Great job on the zeros Kate
    Gary, I know you can do it if you want to. just work hard til labor day.
    Sydney I love watermelon juice with vodka.
    Zippo how's the team doing?
    Ashley how are you doing?
    Kat you still with us? How's it going?
    To all my other dear lushes I just want you to know I love you all. *raises glass high*
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kat you still with us? How's it going?

Still here but on vacation where I haven't actually been drinking much :huh: It's been a nice time down at the beach so far :smile: Supposed to go out fishing on the ocean tomorrow, depends on weather.

Hope everyone is doing well :flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a 0 on Monday, last night I stopped after 2 bud lights?! probably drinking tonight.
    I made my fundraising goal for Warrior Dash!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be plugging along. Kate's kickin *kitten* with all those zeros. I am...well..not.

Had wine last night.

It will be a 0 or maybe 1 glass of wine tonight. The son and his buddies are partying..this is the last night they will all be together for the summer...one is heading on vacay tomorrow..and several go back to college next week. They've decided to dress up and are throwing a party...I told them I'd provide the house and the booze...but everyone turns over their keys as they walk in the door. So I'll be the DD. Could be a long night. :huh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you ready for this??!!!....

Tuesday-ZERO!

Planning for another tonight!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ryze...nap now while you can
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great job on the zeros guys!

Kim- no naps for me!
    Robin, thanks for the encouragement- btw, it was nice to get some rain!
    Sydney- have a great time with your son and friends!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    - btw, it was nice to get some rain!

Except that I didn't cover the bags of quikrete I had sitting outside and now I have some lovely lumps of concrete :grumble:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    [/quote]

Except that I didn't cover the bags of quikrete I had sitting outside and now I have some lovely lumps of concrete :grumble:
    [/quote]

OH NO!! Perhaps you can pass em off as modern art sculptures! :noway:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I love these kids :heart: I can't believe the summer is over for the group..luckily Preston still has another month and a couple of the guys will be around for a few more weeks.

1aff6c24-0233-4cf2-9f3f-4efd9cb1de05_zps82d5a447.jpg
  • kblue2007
    Options
    What handsome men, Syd!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0...the two sips I had from Len's beer don't count :wink:
    Thursday-0...I know Len will come home and crack open a beer after our walk, but I am going to be strong. Only one more day then I can have something. Len has been getting into meads and cysers lately, so we have about 3 bottle at home...we will most likely destroy one or two tomorrow :bigsmile: We have a cyser in secondary at the moment, I'm excited to see what that's all about!!!! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Sydney- great looking bunch of young men!
    Kate- am envious of your zeros. Makes me think about, possibly, maybe some day, if the time is right, and I am not thirsty, and have the strength, and pigs fly- doing the same! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm still here chugging (or actually not) along. Thanks for checking on me. My desire to drink comes and goes. The weather has been amazing for August in KY. Temps in the 80's and low humidity. I was off yesterday and Eric came home and cracked an IPA (which I don't like so no biggie) but as we were sitting on the porch, an extra dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives sounded pretty good. Then I had dinner with 2 girlfriends and had an overly sweet virgin daquiri. Still....I think not drinking has been easier this time.

I'm still working out, shooting for 4 days a week. Still running, although rather slowly and for shorter periods of time. I'm enjoying the extra food calories.

We're in the process of hiring a contractor to tear off 2/3 of our back roof and create a third bedroom and play room upstairs, so that's been fun. Hope your summers are all going well! I can't beleive we're halfway to September!
  • kblue2007
    Options

Kate- am envious of your zeros. Makes me think about, possibly, maybe some day, if the time is right, and I am not thirsty, and have the strength, and pigs fly- doing the same! :drinker:

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny Gary!!!! Its super hard because the weather has been just about perfect, but I have a few lbs of vacation weight I need to get rid of! I have been back for 3 weeks and it ain't budging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Monday-10 oz of red
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Going for another one tonight!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Beers last night....

I went to TRX/Kettlebell class yesterday and it is the most killer thing I have ever done. It made me thirsty, for sure. :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    LOL...what Gary said.

I had 2 glasses of wine over several hours while the boys partied. They had a great time....and I even got a dozen white roses from them. I cannot believe summer is over for the group...I've known most of these kids since middle school....it makes me so happy that they consider me their 2nd mom and they are all still so close despite all going their separate ways. :love:

Off th LA for a weekend of partying and good food. I'm going to have to rack up some 0's at some point..but it's still a few weeks away.:drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Those boys are so sweet!!!!

Well, Kids....3 out of 4 ain't bad :wink: We decided to walk to happy hour last night. It was a 5 mile round trip walk so at least I burned a decent amount of calories. But happy hour = no morning workout, so we are walking to the gym to do a little strength training tonight. The scale did not punish me though so YAY!!!

So after the gym, I will probably have some mead or something.

We ended up with a free weekend....our plans for Ocean City, MD fell through. So we are going to walk over to the movie tavern to FINALLY see Guardians of the Galaxy...super excited! Then we will walk around and have some drinks and some food. The weather should be fabulous, so we are really looking forward to it!!!!

Happy Friday :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Oh Kate I'm glad you caved too!

Monday-10 oz red
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 5 oz red