Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Amanda!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just read about the exercise thing and that's really helpful since I was making great progress when I stuck to my gym schedule as well as eating "on point" and according to macros. But right now I just can't seem to get back in it and I think this is the answer I need. If I can get some weights in a couple times a week- via push/pull days + legs and then not try to hit any PR's or anything and just walk/do elliptical the other days then I can get rid of the guilt
  • VeganAmandaJ
    Options
    Oops, part of my message disappeared. I said that I had checked my weight finally after more than a month and it's 282, the highest it's been in over 2 and a half years. It's definitely time for a change and I think this is the answer. My weight can fluctuate up to 10 lbs overnight depending on various factors so I am hopeful it'll be much better next week, especially with doing OMAD.
  • Cindisheehan
    Cindisheehan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone! I'm Cindi. I began OMAD on Aug. 3, 2016 at 224.5 lbs., the highest I've EVER been. I've lost 10 lbs so far (prob more as my weigh-in day is tomorrow). Honestly I have never felt better! I sleep better, am not hungry during the day at all now. I usually eat anywhere between 7 and 8 pm, as I don't get home from work until at least 6:0 pm. I start with a nice tossed salad and then progress into dinner. I know I've finally found something I can stick with. I've dieted my whole life...since age 12 really, and I am now 61! I love watching your videos and I read everything I can about OMAD or IF in general. Thanks so much for being here for us all! My goal weight would be 140 lbs. I am 5'5" tall. ❤️❤️❤️
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindi, and congratulations on your success!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cindi! Super-big welcome!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    Options
    Hi Cindi! That is great!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindi
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone! I'm Cindi. I began OMAD on Aug. 3, 2016 at 224.5 lbs., the highest I've EVER been. I've lost 10 lbs so far (prob more as my weigh-in day is tomorrow). Honestly I have never felt better! I sleep better, am not hungry during the day at all now. I usually eat anywhere between 7 and 8 pm, as I don't get home from work until at least 6:0 pm. I start with a nice tossed salad and then progress into dinner. I know I've finally found something I can stick with. I've dieted my whole life...since age 12 really, and I am now 61! I love watching your videos and I read everything I can about OMAD or IF in general. Thanks so much for being here for us all! My goal weight would be 140 lbs. I am 5'5" tall. ❤️❤️❤️

Welcome aboard, so GLAD you're here Cindy--you're doing fabulous!
  • loovlegn
    loovlegn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    *preferred username...Nash
    *your weight...309 lb
    *your height...5'7 ft
    *any past struggles ...I've struggled with emotional eating starting around 14-15 yrs old. Over time I started binge eating and now 20 yrs later they've become very strong habits. I've dealt with various levels of depression and anxiety over the years. I guess basically I've never felt like I was worth much which is how I've gone this long w/o taking care of myself.
    *your goal weight range...140-160 lbs
    *the time of your OMAD... b/w 6-8 pm
    *OMAD start date.... 8-24-16

*I've had some experience with 24 fasts once a month for decades through church and found that it was usually easy after the initial tummy grumbling. I realized, once I started reading about IF and OMAD that it's always been easier for me to NOT eat than to eat certain foods and plan meals, etc, so I decided to give it a try. It'll be one week tomorrow on OMAD and the struggle now is intermittent constipation(sorry 4 TMI :D ).
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    loovlegn wrote: »
    *preferred username...Nash
    *your weight...309 lb
    *your height...5'7 ft
    *any past struggles ...I've struggled with emotional eating starting around 14-15 yrs old. Over time I started binge eating and now 20 yrs later they've become very strong habits. I've dealt with various levels of depression and anxiety over the years. I guess basically I've never felt like I was worth much which is how I've gone this long w/o taking care of myself.
    *your goal weight range...140-160 lbs
    *the time of your OMAD... b/w 6-8 pm
    *OMAD start date.... 8-24-16

*I've had some experience with 24 fasts once a month for decades through church and found that it was usually easy after the initial tummy grumbling. I realized, once I started reading about IF and OMAD that it's always been easier for me to NOT eat than to eat certain foods and plan meals, etc, so I decided to give it a try. It'll be one week tomorrow on OMAD and the struggle now is intermittent constipation(sorry 4 TMI :D ).

Hi, Welcome!!

Switch to black beans with extra virgin olive oil and apples for a couple of days...constipation no more!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Welcome!
  • formhighest
    formhighest Posts: 1 Member
    Options

...Stephanie
    ...5'3
    ...over eater, fixation on food/poverty food mentality, high body fat percentage
    ...110-115
    ...12pm to 2pm
    ...August 28th

Hello All!

My name is Stephanie and I'm on my fourth day going OMAD.

I'm excited to join this forum and start this journey because like a lot of you, I've struggled with my weight for years.

I've always carried extra body fat and have had an unhealthy relationship with food. I like salt, sugar and fat a little bit too much and as the years have progressed I've let it get out of hand.

I'm working and taking classes part time (applying to grad schools soon). I plan on joining a pool soon as well so I'm moving a bit more.

I'm 29 and would like to be proud of myself and become the best me I can be.

I haven't told anyone about OMAD for several reasons so I hope to find alleys here. I'd be glad to root you along as well!

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Stephanie!

Becoming the best version of ourselves is always in order! :-)

-Joe
  • blambo61
    Options
    Go Stephanie!
  • jram55
    jram55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Preferred User Name: Julie

My weight: 233 lb

My height: 5'5"

Any past struggles: My weight loss struggles started when as a young girl (around 11 years old) my family physician told my mother I had "grown way too much" in a year and I was promptly taken to a Weight Watchers meeting. I have tried many diets over the years. I successfully got down to 170 lbs around 12 years ago and maintained that for about a year but gradually I let everything slide again. I had some success more recently with the Whole30 and have read a lot about intermittent fasting etc. And now here I am.

My goal weight range: 140-155 lbs

The time of my OMAD: 5-9 pm is my 4 hour window, I seem to be eating my meal between 6:00-7:00 pm so far.

OMAD start date: August 30, 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm feeling great so far and am enjoying not having to obsess and stress about meals and snacks all day long. I am still adjusting but am proud of getting 3 days under my belt so far.

Cheers,
    Julie
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome!

It's all in the mind, dear! All in the mind! :-)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good start! That is the hardest part I believe just deciding to do it. Good luck!
  • atokad432
    atokad432 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Dakota. I'm currently about to finish my seventh week eating one meal a day. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 193 pounds at the moment. A few years ago, I hadn't yet heard about OMAD, but I tried it myself for about a month to great success. Now that I'm very informed about all things OMAD, I'm trying to lose the additional weight I carry and maintain the OMAD lifestyle indefinitely. I'm not 100% sure what my ideal weight should be, but I'm aiming for 165 pounds. When I started I weighed around 200 pounds. I don't have a scale of my own so I weigh myself at a friends house every few weeks. Almost every day I eat between 10 PM and 12 AM. I believe OMAD is an incredibly healthy lifestyle and that is what draws me to it most. I've definitely been feeling the benefits of fasting for 23 hours per day, which were much more noticeable by the end of my first month. I find that I have been eating much healthier meals without even giving it much thought. Only the first few days of OMAD were somewhat trying, but ever since then it has been incredibly simple.

- Dakota
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Dakota.

People are starting to come around!