Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• 18hours
    18hours Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

I will just go by 18hours here on the forum.
    190lbs
    5 foot 9inch
    It's hard for me not too eat when others around me are. I also need to work on will power when I'm alone. (side note: I have found that consuming raw organic garlic helps with some of the cravings and hunger feelings.) This is my second attempt at OMAD. I had done it for about 3 weeks and lost about 15lbs. I lapsed back to my old ways and gained about 10lbs back.
    I would like to be around 145 -150Lbs
    OMAD time is around 12-2pm
    Restarting 9/12/2016 B)

I wish you all good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Friend request accepted. You can do it.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda and I have done OMAD in the past but wasn't in the right mindset. I signed up again on MFP the beginning of July and counted calories but wasn't losing weight.

I began intermittent fasting on August 12th and ate between 12 and 6 pm. I kept narrowing my eating window until I could eat OMAD without effort on August 27th. I began losing with intermittent fasting and the weight loss has sped up since I've been eating OMAD. I have lost 20 pounds so far and my next weigh in is Thursday morning.

I like to eat this way because I don't have to worry about fixing meals, I have more energy, I think clearer, sleep better, and feel better. I have felt the hunger pains sometimes but I take care of that by drinking a lot of ice cold water, sipping on black and green hot tea, and drinking iced tea with no type of sweetener.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and staying motivated by your stories and Joe's videos. I'm looking forward to the day when my success story can help someone too.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I forgot to include:

My name: Linda - MFP Name: SavedByGrace
    Beginning Weight: 232 pounds
    Current Weight: 212 pounds
    Loss: 20 pounds
    Weigh In Day: Every Thursday Morning at 6:00 am
    Past Struggles: None....I think because I was Intermittent Fasting and narrowing my eating window to one meal helped a lot
    Goal Weight: Somewhere in the range of 130 - 145 (I'll know when I get there)
    Time of OMAD: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    OMAD Start Date: August 27, 2016

I use to worry about the negative comments I got on MFP when I ate OMAD and it bothered me a lot. It was one of the reasons I gave up. I have learned that negative opinions don't matter and I quit because I wasn't ready to make a 100% commitment to OMAD. My attitude and commitment has changed. I don't care about other people's negative opinion about how I choose to get healthy and what time of day I choose to eat. I learned a big lesson, however, I think I needed that time to come to terms with who I am and what I want in life. Bottom line, I KNOW I'll reach my goal.

Good luck to everyone!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Soooo welcome back, Linda!

A number of others will remember you for sure. Sounds like you've had some time to find yourself and blossom into a more powerful and determined version. I'm so happy to hear it!

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Height: 5' 4"
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello to Cindi, Nash, Stephanie, Dakota, Julie, and 18hours. I'm looking forward to losing weight together and seeing your progress.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome, everyone!!
    You will change so much with the self-regulation and routine OMAD offers that you won't recognize yourself. Prepare to enjoy and have fun!!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you Joe!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I forgot to include:

My name: Linda - MFP Name: SavedByGrace
    Beginning Weight: 232 pounds
    Current Weight: 212 pounds
    Loss: 20 pounds
    Weigh In Day: Every Thursday Morning at 6:00 am
    Past Struggles: None....I think because I was Intermittent Fasting and narrowing my eating window to one meal helped a lot
    Goal Weight: Somewhere in the range of 130 - 145 (I'll know when I get there)
    Time of OMAD: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    OMAD Start Date: August 27, 2016

I use to worry about the negative comments I got on MFP when I ate OMAD and it bothered me a lot. It was one of the reasons I gave up. I have learned that negative opinions don't matter and I quit because I wasn't ready to make a 100% commitment to OMAD. My attitude and commitment has changed. I don't care about other people's negative opinion about how I choose to get healthy and what time of day I choose to eat. I learned a big lesson, however, I think I needed that time to come to terms with who I am and what I want in life. Bottom line, I KNOW I'll reach my goal.

Good luck to everyone!!

Hi Saved!

I'm sooooo VERY glad you're here (again)! Welcome back, you're doing fabulous and I'm looking forward to hearing your terrific progress o:)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you OMADing1
  • CindyNeubauer1
    CindyNeubauer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Cindy, I am currently 135 and 5'3" . I suffered from severe hip arthritis for the past 18-20 months and recently had a hip replacement, which is fabulous. Over the time I was basically immobile I gained around 20-25 pounds being inactive, eating due to boredom and drinking too much wine (purely medicinal lol). I ended up with borderline metabolic syndrome with the weight gain, increased blood pressure and cholesterol. My doctor wanted me to take Statins...no way I said, so set out to improve my health (and lose weight!)I found LCHF and educated myself on it and decided it was for me. I started on Sept 19 (then I weighed 143). I t was a bit challenging what with macros etc and it took me a few days to get into ketosis (on day 3 I was in!) and I felt better and started to lose weight.It seemed like alot of work though doing the calculations etc so I read more and found IF and on Sept I started eating just two meals a day between 11am and 6 pm. I kept exploring and found OMAD and am on day three. I love it, so simple, so easy, and I still use my macros of LCHF. I am not hungry at all (thanks to already being fat adapted I believe) and imagine this will be my primary eating model for the rest of my life. happy to find this group!
  • CindyNeubauer1
    CindyNeubauer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to mention the time I eat. I eat at approximately 5:30 pm every day and am finished within 30 minutes, so am fasting 23.5 hours.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Welcome Cindy.....the OMADers here are an awesome bunch and Joe will guide you along if you have questions. I love OMAD and will always eat this way. Glad to have you here!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Cindy!

Glad to hear you are reclaiming control!
  • jdrogers06
    jdrogers06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Debbie and I'm starting OMAD. I'm just shy of 35, 5'8", and 230 pounds. I've battled my weight since middle school after my mom died. I've been on almost every diet known to man and have been miserable with all the restrictions. A friend told me about OMAD and I'm starting today! My goal is to get to 170 pounds but also to be more healthy for myself and my family.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hello Debbie...welcome.

You made the right decision to begin OMAD. You will not only be amazed at the weight you lose but the way you feel will be the icing on the cake. We are here for you so keep us posted.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Debbie!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi Cindy. Like you I came to OMAD via LCHF and then IF. I think that it's a natural progression and gives so much freedom and flexibility. I had no hunger when I transition from one step to the next. I'm using OMAD for weight maintenance now.

Currently my main issue is the food pushers I work with but I have come to realise that it's my life and my body and I get so say what I eat and when. I am a teacher and all of students are African refugee women who have a history of food-deprivation - some are food scavengers and many hoarders. Others are just overly generous and bring in food for me every day. There is a free food bank next to where I work so I am still learning to say no thanks to all the food I am given. Mostly I just accept it and either give it to someone else or thrown it away.
  • joebergkamp
    joebergkamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joe
    115 Kg
    6 '1'
    Goal is 69 Kg
    Starting One Meal a Day today - 13-Oct-2016
    Meal time 8 - 10 pm
    18 Years
    Kindly pray for me.