• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    rosiserem wrote: »
    My name ... Roseline
    My current weight 200 pound
    My starting weight 204 pounds
    My height 5 feet 4inches
    Not been able to lose even 1 pound for the last 5 years yet I have been exercising, going to the gym, home videos, and eating normal portions
    My goal weight range is 155 to 165 pounds
    My OMAD time is 1800 to 2100
    My OMAD start date was 5th December 2016

I have been reading about intermittent fasting and came across one meal a day concept in youtube about 6 months ago. At that time I was doing some home video exercises, without any weight loss at all. When I try to do those extreme diets, I am not able to sustain them because it also takes time for any weight loss to happen and very discouraging for me. I suffer from PCOS, which I have read online that it might be making it difficult for me to lose any weight. What triggered me to take this program is the fact that I started serious exercising in the gym (both cardio and weight training), which I did for 2 months. All that time, I was not weighing myself, because I did not want to be discouraged. Unfortunately, I fell ill and had to go to the hospital, where my weight was taken. I was super shocked that I had not lost even half a pound. I was soooo discouraged and that is when I decided to start this OMAD program, once I finished my antibiotics. It is actually my last resort, after which if I don't succeed, I will just give up and be happy with my weight, make the best of it, and exercise to stay fit.

Hi, Rosie...

My ex was PCOS and she had the same trouble you describe. Just stick with it and PM me if I can help.

Welcome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hello Roseline:
    I'm so glad you are here. OMAD is a great program and I'm sure with Joe's help you will begin to lose. All the best and please post your progress and chime in whenever you want. We would love to read your comments.
    Linda (SavedByGrace)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Greetings Roseline! Don't give up. Stay with OMAD and see what happens. You can do this!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Name: Anneli
    Current weight: 235 pound (107kg)
    Height: 5' 7" (175cm)

Goal weight range: 155-165 pounds (ca 70-75kg)
    OMAD time: 14.00 to 15.00
    OMAD start date: 8th December 2016

I'm so happy I found your community, everything becomes so much easier when you have support when doing something like this.

I'v been fasting on and off for a couple of years, but more as a way of feeling better as it has some serious health benefits. Recently I started doing it more regularly, two 24-hour fasts a week but I felt that got really confusing and when I found one of Joes videos I felt right at home - this is how I want to do my fasting, how I want to live!
    Now perhaps I can finally both loose all this extra weight I'm carrying and feel good doing it.

I tried converting my height and weight into pounds and feet, but as I'm swedish I'll stick to kg and cm in the thread I'll start later, hope that's okey ;)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Anneli-- It's great to meet you!
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Anneli!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

Name: Anneli
    Current weight: 235 pound (107kg)
    Height: 5' 7" (175cm)

Goal weight range: 155-165 pounds (ca 70-75kg)
    OMAD time: 14.00 to 15.00
    OMAD start date: 8th December 2016

I'm so happy I found your community, everything becomes so much easier when you have support when doing something like this.

I'v been fasting on and off for a couple of years, but more as a way of feeling better as it has some serious health benefits. Recently I started doing it more regularly, two 24-hour fasts a week but I felt that got really confusing and when I found one of Joes videos I felt right at home - this is how I want to do my fasting, how I want to live!
    Now perhaps I can finally both loose all this extra weight I'm carrying and feel good doing it.

I tried converting my height and weight into pounds and feet, but as I'm swedish I'll stick to kg and cm in the thread I'll start later, hope that's okey ;)

Hello Anneli:

I'm so happy you found us. Welcome!! I love OMAD and it is a doable fast that has great benefits. Please post often and let us know how you're doing. We welcome everyone because it helps us too. Good luck!!
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Welcome, Anneli!
    Hello Anneli:

I'm so happy you found us. Welcome!! I love OMAD and it is a doable fast that has great benefits. Please post often and let us know how you're doing. We welcome everyone because it helps us too. Good luck!!

Thank you both! Really happy to have found your group!! :)

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Howdy Rosiserem and Anneli!
  • OMADhungerispower
    OMADhungerispower Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Lex, from Singapore but now studying in Scotland
    I'm 58 kgs and absolutely horrified at the number on the scale, I was 51 kgs previously
    160cm
    I struggle with binge eating and occasional self-induced vomiting
    I'm planningon starting OMAD tomorrow but it seems so impossible to not eat!

I've gone vegan 2 years back but since then had noticed a steady weight gain. I feel so uncomfortable with my weight and body all the time and would love to be slim and lean again
  • blambo61
    Options
    Howdy Lex don't get too down on yourself. Just make a plan and go for it. You can ease into the OMAD like a lot do. 58 kg to 51 kg isn't that far to go. You can do it!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Lex!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Lex...Glad to meet you. You can do this by starting slow and getting stronger. We are here for you!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Lex! It is great to get to know you. How long have you been in Scotland?

I know what you mean about wishing you were slim and lean again. I've had a tough time losing since gaining after the birth of my third son. The "baby weight" didn't come off like it did with the other two, and that is discouraging.

I bought a book called "A Pound of Cure" where the doctor says to eat at least a pound of vegetables a day. Are you eating too much sugar and refined carbs or do you eat a lot of veggies already since you are vegan?
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whoniverse_Lover
    265.8 lbs
    5'10"
    Struggles? Obesity.
    Goal weight range 150-165 lbs
    I eat at 3 pm everyday.
    I began OMAD Saturday December 10, 2016 at 272 lbs.

I stumbled across Joe's channel/videos because one of them was under 'recommended' videos for me. I've been desperate to reverse this obesity. I started Weight Watchers in June 2016 and I weighed 300 lbs back then. I had some success with WW having lost 25 lbs, but then I started to gain the weight back while doing the program and following it religiously. Finding the program flawed and the suffering of constant gnawing stomach hunger not worth it I left WW and began MFP following the Calories in - Calories out principle. Finding the results to spending so much time tracking and most of my time insatiably hungry I took a break from dieting in November. I knew the weight was beginning to creep back up. I could feel it. I began searching for the method that could get me motivated again to lose this weight and keep it off.

I was immediately hooked after watching Joe's videos. I found a group on Facebook for support that follows Dr. Jason Fung's principles and I've been successfully fasting since Dec. 10th.

I was not an obese child. I was normal weight, tall and thin and athletic until I was raped at 7 years old. I purposefully ate until I became fat when I was 8 years old to get the abuser to leave me alone. It worked. Such a lesson at too early an age. Being fat and unattractive = safety. My biggest hurdle to all of this at 42 years old is that the psychological impact never left me. Mentally I have to believe that I can still be safe and thin at the same time.
    I have to let my 42 year old adult self remain in the drivers seat and keep my 7-8 year old self out of the drivers seat.

I have an incredibly patient, loving, understanding husband (married 22 years) and we have a wonderful successful 20 year old son. I created a loving supportive family environment for which to heal. The process seems eternal and never ending, but I am stronger today than yesterday.

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I have chosen to be a homemaker because the longer I'm around people the higher my anxiety levels go up and I tend to internalize everything which leads to migraines and sickness and it's a vicious cycle. So I stay safe at home. Just going out to the grocery store is a big deal for me. I go to the same store every week and I go super early when there's few people in the store in order to avoid people.

I hope to find more support in this group and continued success with OMAD.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Whoniverse_Lover
    265.8 lbs
    5'10"
    Struggles? Obesity.
    I eat at 3 pm everyday.

I stumbled across Joe's channel/videos because one of them was under 'recommended' videos for me. I've been desperate to reverse this obesity. I started Weight Watchers in June 2016 and I weighed 300 lbs back then. I had some success with WW having lost 25 lbs, but then I started to gain the weight back while doing the program and following it religiously. Finding the program flawed and the suffering of constant gnawing stomach hunger not worth it I left WW and began MFP following the Calories in - Calories out principle. Finding the results to spending so much time tracking and most of my time insatiably hungry I took a break from dieting in November. I knew the weight was beginning to creep back up. I could feel it. I began searching for the method that could get me motivated again to lose this weight and keep it off.

I was immediately hooked after watching Joe's videos. I found a group on Facebook for support that follows Dr. Jason Fung's principles and I've been successfully fasting since Dec. 10th.

I was not an obese child. I was normal weight, tall and thin and athletic until I was raped at 7 years old. I purposefully ate until I became fat when I was 8 years old to get the abuser to leave me alone. It worked. Such a lesson at too early an age. Being fat and unattractive = safety. My biggest hurdle to all of this at 42 years old is that the psychological impact never left me. Mentally I have to believe that I can still be safe and thin at the same time.
    I have to let my 42 year old adult self remain in the drivers seat and keep my 7-8 year old self out of the drivers seat.

I have an incredibly patient, loving, understanding husband (married 22 years) and we have a wonderful successful 20 year old son. I created a loving supportive family environment for which to heal. The process seems eternal and never ending, but I am stronger today than yesterday.

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I have chosen to be a homemaker because the longer I'm around people the higher my anxiety levels go up and I tend to internalize everything which leads to migraines and sickness and it's a vicious cycle. So I stay safe at home. Just going out to the grocery store is a big deal for me. I go to the same store every week and I go super early when there's few people in the store in order to avoid people.

Welcome, Whoniverse_Lover!

Your story is very touching. I have worked with a number of people in a similar predicament as you are in. Conditioning, especially as a child, is very hard to break. Let me know if you'd like more personalized help.

Welcome to the community!!!

-Joe
  • blambo61
    Options
    Whoniverse_Lover
    265.8 lbs
    5'10"
    Struggles? Obesity.
    I eat at 3 pm everyday.

Good to meet you! You have probably found already that condensing the food into a smaller window helps immensely with satiation and gives a break from being hungry all the time. I think your attitude is super and you are primed for success!
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Hi and welcome Whoniverse_Lover! I'm so glad you found this support group, it's so warm, friendly and helpful, it can become another safe place for you to go when you want to.
    I'm so sorry for what happened to you. They (experienced fasters) say that we can heal old traumas when fasting and I really hope so, especially in your case.
    I hope to see you around :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Great to meet you Whoniverse:

Your story is a sad one and you have come a long way. We are here to help and to be helped.

Years ago I went to WW and the same thing happened to me. I followed the program religiously and lost a little and then began gaining it back. I went on to other diet programs which didn't help and became frustrated and quit trying. Then I ran across OMAD and haven't looked back.

Congratulations on your weight loss and keep up the great work!!!