edited December 2016
    Options
    Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas,

My name is Abner kinda new here.

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"
    ...your goal weight range = 200 - 210
    ...the time of your OMAD = 8pm- 9pm
    ...I started OMAD nine days ago on December 19, 2016.

I found your OMAD video on youtube and thought what the hell let me try it. I eat between 1100 and 1500 calories every 23 hours and nothing else. I literally drink 10 plastic bottles of water and drink 4 to 6 cups of black coffee a day. I started at 266 lbs 9 days ago and am now 251 no snags yet. It is actually WORKING:) Only hard part is dodging office holiday cookies, eggnog, cakes, etc. But it seems I have more willpower than I thought. I finally found a diet I can stick to with no cheating.

I told my wife I kind of feel lucky no dizzyness, head fog or anything yet. I do get some cravings that I have to push through. I really hope I stick it out. If I do I will post again in another week or so. I hope.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"

I found your OMAD video on youtube and thought what the hell let me try it. I eat between 1100 and 1500 calories every 23 hours and nothing else. I literally drink 10 plastic bottles of water and drink 4 to 6 cups of black coffee a day. I started at 266 lbs 9 days ago and am now 251 no snags yet. It is actually WORKING:) Only hard part is dodging office holiday cookies, eggnog, cakes, etc. But it seems I have more willpower than I thought. I finally found a diet I can stick to with no cheating.

I told my wife I kind of feel lucky no dizzyness, head fog or anything yet. I do get some cravings that I have to push through. I really hope I stick it out. If I do I will post again in another week or so. I hope.

Welcome Abner! That is amazing that you haven't gotten the side effects. Have you been doing any form of intermittent fasting before you started OMAD? Nice start! 15 pounds in 9 days is a big loss!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"

Your killing it! My starting stats were similar to yours (252 at 6'1"). I'm at about 213 now and have been able to keep it under 220 for the last year. You can do it and it does work!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Abe...Welcome to OMAD. We are so glad you're here. We are a great team who cares about each other. So please let us know how you're doing.
  • jst4fun140
    jst4fun140 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ..your name or preferred username....Joy
    ...your weight....280
    ...your height....5'6"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing...
    Been overweight all my life. Have tried everything. I use food as entertainment, emotional eater, etc
    ...your goal weight range....200 lbs is my first goal
    ...the time of your OMAD....2-6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date....haven't decided yet. Have a few questions first.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hello Joy:

I'm so glad you joined us. It sounds like you are deciding if you want to try OMAD. It's a wonderful program. I've lost 36 pounds so far and my eating time is 4 - 6 pm.

If you want to know all about the program and get your questions answered, a great way to start is to begin watching Joe's videos. I used to do a weekend marathon of youtube videos he has done. You can click on his thread or you can go to youtube and type in OMAD Revolution and you can watch the videos. It really gives you encouragement and will help you with your questions.

You can also ask any of us or send Joe a private email.

• blambo61
    Options
    Joy,

Welcome! Please ask away!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    jst4fun140 wrote: »
    ..your name or preferred username....Joy
    ...your weight....280
    ...your height....5'6"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing...
    Been overweight all my life. Have tried everything. I use food as entertainment, emotional eater, etc
    ...your goal weight range....200 lbs is my first goal
    ...the time of your OMAD....2-6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date....haven't decided yet. Have a few questions first.

I watched a lot of the OMAD videos on YouTube before I started. I like to research to see what I'm getting into as I don't like unwelcome surprises. That way I can be prepared and not stress out too much if/when I experience any side effects along the pathway.
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

...your name -- Janey
    ...your weight -- ? around 158, will weigh in the morning and start a journal
    ...your height -- 5'3.5"

...your goal weight range -- 120-125
    ...the time of your OMAD -- 11am-1pm
    ...and your OMAD start date --1/1/2017

I'm officially starting Sunday but will probably start tomorrow. I've been testing a few things and trying to figure out a window. I'm going to go with lunch time for a while because of work and lunches there, etc. After I'm settled in to a routine, I'd like to switch to 5-7pm.

I've been flitting all over the place for the last 20 years, trying to figure out how to eat to be healthy. So insane! I low carbed for almost 20 years and felt crappy the last 18 but really thought I needed to eat that way to not gain any more weight. It crept on anyway, and I became pre-diabetic. (eating <25 g carbs a day!) For some reason, probably desperation, I started Dr. McDougall's starch based diet Aug. 2015. I dropped 20 lbs. amazingly fast for me and more importantly, I felt sooo much better! A1c dropped from 5.8 to 5.4. I had tried to intermittent fast during the low carb years and failed miserably and I'm convinced it messed up my thyroid (which is ok now). Now I'm convinced that it will be my forever way of eating while eating WFPB. I follow more of a Dr. Fuhrman plan now and will eat minimal animal products. Maybe only eating meat on my re-feed days.

I did a 10-day juice fast in December for spiritual and health reasons, and it was surprisingly much easier than I expected. I was dry-fasting for 17-18 hours a day and want to continue a daily dry, maybe 16 hours. I also did a 37 hr dry during the juice fast. Again, it went well. Just some emotional turbulence around hour 24.

Anyway, I'm going to be figuring out how to do this for the rest of my life. I'm looking for simplicity and sustainability. I've spent so many years with food being the center of attention and I'm over it! ;-)

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and your encouragement. It's quite a beautiful, budding community. I've watched a ton of videos and they are all so inspiring. Joe, the latest videos that are touching the spiritual benefits really spoke to me. It's my main draw for fasting. If food takes it's proper place in the back seat, well, Hallelujah! That certainly frees up more energy for what is most important.

Janey

• blambo61
    Options
    welcome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    OMAD is the easiest way to eat. One meal...no preplanning three meals a day and trying to figure out what to pack for lunch on work days.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My stats:
    Starting weight: 128kg
    Height: 5' 4" (164cm)

Goal weight range: 70kg
    OMAD time: dinner with bf
    OMAD start date: 1st jan 2017

So i use food as an emosional way out. And am just out of control. So in the am will have some acv...(even though it tastes ugghh).

Black tea coffee and maybe an apple for lunch in the first month.. or maybe not lets see how it goes.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Try coconut oil to get you through. I've tried just fruit and I remain very hungry but my hunger is staved on coconut oil. Just try and see how far you can go and then keep trying and you will make progress.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    My stats:
    Starting weight: 128kg
    Height: 5' 4" (164cm)

Goal weight range: 70kg
    OMAD time: dinner with bf
    OMAD start date: 1st jan 2017

So i use food as an emosional way out. And am just out of control. So in the am will have some acv...(even though it tastes ugghh).

Black tea coffee and maybe an apple for lunch in the first month.. or maybe not lets see how it goes.

I was all over the place when I began IF and then began OMAD. It really stops the out of control roller coaster. Please give it a week and you will be amazed.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Try coconut oil to get you through. I've tried just fruit and I remain very hungry but my hunger is staved on coconut oil. Just try and see how far you can go and then keep trying and you will make progress.

I had to take a bit of coconut oil last night. My stomach was queasy and growling, and it did settle/stop the cravings.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is John, 237 lbs, 5 ft 9 in. I'm 55 years old, and have steadily gained weight all my life since high school. I've tried several things over the years, sugar busters, calorie counting, multiple small meals, and have had success while I was in the 'discipline', but I've never stayed with something longer than 45 days or so. I have been looking for something that would be a lifestyle, not a diet, so that I could stay on it forever.

I have in the past year kicked up my exercise with ZERO weight loss, although I've become more fit. I've discovered I can eat past any exercise program's benefits! Now I've had to ease back because it was hurting my joints . . . cardio kickboxing was a ton of fun, but just too severe on 55 year old knees and shoulders!

OMAD reminds me of two people, one was my aunt, who ate one meal a day out of habit, was an active gardener into her 90's, and celebrated her 100th birthday standing up. The other person is an Asian military officer (not certain the country) my sister knew through the military in the 70's who was fabulously fit, and only ate one meal a day.

I actually found your youtube channel and this blog by searching for more info on the topic. My initial 'stumble upon' that sold me on the one meal a day concept was this: https://lifeforbusypeople.com/2016/07/23/longevity-why-i-eat-once-a-day/

I attempted a start to OMAD 2 days ago, but with New Year's Eve last night and New Year's Day visiting today, didn't do so well. Not beating myself up about it though. I did, however, manage all day Friday and Saturday without eating until 5pm, and I'm pretty happy with achieving that as a start. I'm back on it tomorrow, and back to work on Tuesday, so we'll see how this goes. What excites me about OMAD is the absolute simplicity of it.

Late night cravings have traditionally been my downfall! Will be interesting to see how that goes.

My goal is 199 lbs (anything under 200!), but my dream weight would be 180. My OMAD time will be evenings around 5pm, and I suppose my real OMAD start date will be tomorrow, Jan 2, 2016, although I dipped my toe in the waters starting this past Friday Dec 30.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Welcome John. I'm so glad you joined us.

It can be difficult to begin OMAD during this time because of all the food associated with holidays.

My feeding time is between 4 and 6 pm. I like to fix dinner after work and not eat three hours before bed so this works for me.

Joe has made a lot of great videos to help us and give us motivation to keep going and you can email him if you have any questions. He makes a new video every Monday.

Please begin your own thread so we can keep up with your progress. I know you will succeed!

The first week was the hardest for me but some people fall right into the program without too much effort. Eating anything you want for your meal plus only fixing one meal a day is pure simplicity as you say.

I don't exercise except for light walking and stretching. As Joe explains exercise will stress the body and keep us from losing weight.

Good luck!

Linda (SavedByGrace)

• blambo61
    Options
    Welcome John! After you get to goal weight you can expand eating window some. Fasting is something we do for our lifetime so we can maintain. Good luck!
  • Joanie1220
    Joanie1220 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name is joanie
    Current weight: 286
    Goal weight: 180-190
    OMAD date: Jan-1-2017
    OMAD time : 4 p.m.- 5 p.m.
    Hi everyone
    I was looking for weight loss plans and ideas and I came across your videos ... I watch quite a few of them, and they were very informative and insightful and thank you very much ...I have had many struggles with my weight in the past and tried a lot of prorgams ... Like many others , i had to few pounds loss here and there. fluctuating up and down ... But could never follow any weightloss plan long enough to achieve my goal weight ...but a couple months ago (not knowing anything about OMAD)we all did a 1 week fast at church until 3 pm .there were some restrictions on what you could and couldn't eat . It was hard but I completed the week and lost 8 lbs.. So when I came across your videos.. OMAD sort of fit like what we did on the fast .. I really wanted to try it again but couldn't muster up the willpower until watching your videos... And like the way you "tell it like it is" which gave me the courage to start yesterday (jan1)and hopefully i can push through the highs and lows that i might experience with OMAD and stay the course .....maybe i miss u answering these questions already, But i have a few .. what calorie range should i stay in.. And if you can't finish what's on your plate when you start , do you have an hour to finish or is that it until the next day... Thank you for your time and bless you again for all your great advice
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Joanie!! I'm so glad you decided to join us.! You can email Joe directly if you didn't find the answers to your questions watching the videos.

As far as the meals...on one of Joe's videos he says a plate of food about 3" high would be around 1100 - 1500 calories. I usually have to add a half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or something else to near my 1200 calorie range but I don't worry if I go over some or if I go under. It's one meal a day on a regular plate. That is what is so great about the program. Also, I have trouble eating all my food between 4 and 6 pm so I take a break for 15 - 30 minutes and then finish my meal. There's no problem with that.

8 pounds is an awesome loss. Congratulations!!

Looking forward to following your progress.

Linda (SavedByGrace)