Name - Ram.
    Weight - 216
    Height - 6ft.
    Goal weight range - 185-190.
    OMAD start date - - Jan 2nd 2017.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Howdy Ram. I'm about right where your at now after coming from 252. Good luck!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Ram...glad you're here.
  • brendagaudette69
    brendagaudette69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I started doin LCHF on September 6 2016 and added in OMAD on December 19 2016...I've lost a total of 36 Lbs <3
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Good job, Brenda!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

...your name or preferred username; Fly
    ...your weight: 57.4kg
    ...your height: 1.64m
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: see below
    ...your goal weight range: 56kg (initially)
    ...the time of your OMAD: 6pm-ish (can't eat too much at once so I spread it out over a few hours at the moment)
    ...and your OMAD start date: 08jan'17, work in progress!

Hi, just taking the leap and introducing myself even though I'm still in the process of transferring from IF 16/8 to OMAD, I hope that's alright. I've been on here "stalking" posts and marvelling at the supportive OMAD community you've shaped, and I hope to hop on board.
    I have been logging with MFP for 4 years, lost 4kg straight away and was at my happiest weight before falling pregnant. Didn't gain too much weight through sheer willpower but can't seem to shake those last kilos again (I know I'm lucky to not have a whole lot to lose; however carving off those last kilos would still mean a lot). The willpower to fight cravings and hunger just isn't the same after a baby, perhaps.
    When I discovered IF 16/8 about 3 months ago I found the biggest benefit to be the relief from thinking about, scheduling, craving, and resisting food. For half the day. It still left me with 8 hours of this "food restlessness". I admire people who can just have a massive breakfast and then not think about food until 1pm. I'm not like that. I want more of that peace and calm I get during my fast, it feels like a holiday!
    I read about others on another IF group talk about OMAD, and I have been slowly trying it out. I feel a bit like I'm committing a crime because, other than my husband, no one knows I'm skipping out on the daily food stress-train by not eating during the day whilst everyone else is thinking about lunch, pondering their next snack, or trying to resist the office cookies. I know lots of people would think it's weird that I'm doing this, so that's why I'm glued to this OMAD group where it's the norm, and considered healthy!

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Hello Fly! Keep us updated. Welcome to Omad.
    :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Welcome Brenda. Wow, you are doing terrific. 36 pounds lost is a lot!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    GLEN2534 wrote: »
    Name - Ram.
    Weight - 216
    Height - 6ft.
    Goal weight range - 185-190.
    OMAD start date - - Jan 2nd 2017.

Hi Ram! You can do this. That is nice you and Bob have similar goals. It makes it easier to have an accountabuddy who can relate to what you are going through.
  • Flybeetle
    edited January 2017
    Options
    First day I've managed to fast 21 hours! I get so incredibly excited :) My stomach was fine but my brain fog was baaaad, so uncomfortable, I got a bit worried about it but luckily I've read lots of you had that the first few days, right?
    I used coconut oil right towards the end which helped my hunger but not the brain...
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started OMAD from Thursday 05.01.2016 after getting inspired by seeing success stories you guys have shared.
    About me, I am Greeshma living in Chennai, India. My starting weight is 213 lbs. My goal weight is around 145 to 155 lbs. I am getting married in May this year and that is an additional motivation for me right now.

In the past, I have tried various diets including water fasting, Calorie counting and workouts. I did manage to lose around 15 lbs during 2015 by watching my diet and working out regularly but then gained all that plus some more back when I stopped watching my diet.

This time around I want to lose weight the right way and my experience with OMAD since last 4 days have been good. Can feel huge decline in my craving for junk food. I am also trying to incorporate a 1 hour walk daily. I shall keep updating in this group and would love to read about how all of you are doing.
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Hi @greeshu_89 ! 4 days already, that's great!! You'll be looking fabulous for your wedding, I'm sure. I can't wait to hear about your progress :)
  • greeshu_89
    greeshu_89 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank u! Will surely update my progress. I am resisting the urge to check my weight and planning to weigh-in on Wednesday morning.
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Stay strong and resist the urge to weigh ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I started doin LCHF on September 6 2016 and added in OMAD on December 19 2016...I've lost a total of 36 Lbs <3

Fantastic!