Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Greetings Whoniverse_Lover! Do you have a nickname? I'm so sorry that you lost your trust and security in people so early in life. At seven years old children aren't supposed to have to be dealing with that kind of trauma.

I admire you for working towards healing. It takes a lot of trust and courage to open up to a group that you don't know, so I hope that you find encouragement and solace in the OMAD group. I think that the fact that you acknowledge that you used to stress eat in order to insulate and protect yourself from harm means that you are already moving forward in the process.

Have you tried CBT or found it to be helpful with losing weight? Sometimes rooting out old mindsets and replacing them with new ones does help.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Years ago I went to WW and the same thing happened to me. I followed the program religiously and lost a little and then began gaining it back. I went on to other diet programs which didn't help and became frustrated and quit trying. Then I ran across OMAD and haven't looked back.

Congratulations on your weight loss and keep up the great work!!!

The same thing happened to me on Nutrisystem. I lost a bit at first but after 5 months I plateaued and slowly started gaining again. It is incredibly frustrating to put so much mental effort, physical demands, time, emotional strength, and money into a process that doesn't work.

I am disillusioned over the general diet advice given to our society, on the general public forums or in the medical community.
  • getfitchole
    getfitchole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name:Chole
    Weight:76.6kg/168.8lbs
    Height:158cm/5'2
    Goal weight range:46-50kg
    Time of OMAD:11-3pm or 3pm-7pm (depending on my class timetable and work shift)
    OMAD start date:24/12/2016

Past struggles:I have been obese all my life due to emotional eating.I eat when I'm happy,I eat when I'm sad.I punish myself by eating too.Being obese has caused lots of anxiety problems for me.It got so bad that I stayed in my house for 2 years(2011-2013) and all it did to me was depression and more weight gain.With the help of my late grandpa and parents,I went back to school in 2014 but despite leaving my house for school,I didn't go anywhere and only felt comfortable in my school uniform.

I need to change because,I have graduated and the new school that I have being going to for these 4 months doesn't have a uniform...and well it's hard for me to find clothes that I find pretty.I also want to love myself,but to able to do that I first need to be healthy.

• crunchy_bob
    crunchy_bob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Name:Bryan or Crunchy Bob (it's going to be my hobo name when I give it all up and start hopping trains)
    Weight: 250lbs
    Height:6'4"
    Goal weight range:210-215
    Time of OMAD:4:30pm - 6pm
    OMAD start date:12/19/2016

I'm treating OMAD differently, for me this is an experiment into the mental clarity aspect of OMAD and treating the weight loss as a secondary effect/goal. I think this may help with the normal weight fluctuations experienced during weight loss and will help defend against the "it's not working" mindset that gaining a pound here and there can create.

I'm a project manager and a helpdesk tech so my days are filled with troubleshooting PC's/applications, coordinating vendor meetings, filtering information and making sure other groups adhere to time schedules and task completions, a glorified babysitter if you will. Mental clarity is of the utmost importance to my job as i'm truly the "Jack of all trades, master of none" workload.

I'm currently keeping a OneNote journal of my daily feelings and meals for now but I may not keep it up indefinitely, it's just not my way to blog continuously, can't do it, never have. I'm also only weighing in once a week, if I try to micromanage my weight I find it's my quickest way to defeat.

I'll start a Crunchy Bob OMAD thread and post my my current first week feelings there. Nice to meet everyone, onwards and upwards!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Love this intro, Crunchy Bob.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, Chole.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Name:Bryan or Crunchy Bob (it's going to be my hobo name when I give it all up and start hopping trains)
    Weight: 250lbs
    Height:6'4"
    Goal weight range:210-215
    Time of OMAD:4:30pm - 6pm
    OMAD start date:12/19/2016

I'm treating OMAD differently, for me this is an experiment into the mental clarity aspect of OMAD and treating the weight loss as a secondary effect/goal. I think this may help with the normal weight fluctuations experienced during weight loss and will help defend against the "it's not working" mindset that gaining a pound here and there can create.

I'm a project manager and a helpdesk tech so my days are filled with troubleshooting PC's/applications, coordinating vendor meetings, filtering information and making sure other groups adhere to time schedules and task completions, a glorified babysitter if you will. Mental clarity is of the utmost importance to my job as i'm truly the "Jack of all trades, master of none" workload.

I'm currently keeping a OneNote journal of my daily feelings and meals for now but I may not keep it up indefinitely, it's just not my way to blog continuously, can't do it, never have. I'm also only weighing in once a week, if I try to micromanage my weight I find it's my quickest way to defeat.

I'll start a Crunchy Bob OMAD thread and post my my current first week feelings there. Nice to meet everyone, onwards and upwards!

Welcome, Crunchy! I like your outlook.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome Crunch...best wishes!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chole and Crunchy!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Chole and Bryan! Welcome to the OMAD group. You will get some great support and encouragement on this forum.
  • crunchy_bob
    Options
    Thanks all, and Merry Christmas! I will say one thing dawned on me last night at dinner, the biggest positive side effect of this new style of eating is that we're cooking as a family and eating dinner together every night, that wasn't a common occurrence in the past. They're so concerned with me only getting one meal a day that they do everything in their power to make sure we have a meal ready at my chosen time lol, it's cute as hell!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, and Merry Christmas! I will say one thing dawned on me last night at dinner, the biggest positive side effect of this new style of eating is that we're cooking as a family and eating dinner together every night, that wasn't a common occurrence in the past. They're so concerned with me only getting one meal a day that they do everything in their power to make sure we have a meal ready at my chosen time lol, it's cute as hell!

Awww...that is adorable to hear!
  • Abe_Forward
    Abe_Forward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Abe. I found one of Joe's OMAD videos on YouTube after nearly a decade of failure with intermittent fasting. I was a large kid, and the social alienation of youth followed me squarely through to adulthood. Today is Christmas and it's the sixteenth holiday I've spent alone watching movies, reading short stories, and bingeing to distract myself. It's clear I have nearly no control over eating. I've never drunk alcohol and have no other "outs," but I enjoy food, too much, and use it when I'm lonely. Anyone can figure out the rest...

So as difficult as it seems now to think about being satisfied with a single meal a day, it's what I'm resolving to do. I felt it important to join this community as I've never joined an online nutrition/health community before but am confident I need the accountability and support. All my relatives are either dead or halfway across the world, and other than acquaintances at work, all who, of course, are always with their families outside of work, I haven't any close acquaintances whom to do this with.

I don't know what else to write. Good luck to everybody else.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Abe! Merry Christmas and I hope that today is the start of wonderful changes in your life. There are a lot of people in the same position as you. You are not alone. Welcome to the OMAD community.
  • crunchy_bob
    Options
    Welcome Abe!
  • Abe_Forward
    Abe_Forward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thanks, DebSozo & crunchy_bob. Looking forward to doing this together. Happy (early) 2017 to you both.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Looking forward to a terrific 2017
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Abe!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options

That's really sweet. <3
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Abe. I found one of Joe's OMAD videos on YouTube after nearly a decade of failure with intermittent fasting. I was a large kid, and the social alienation of youth followed me squarely through to adulthood. Today is Christmas and it's the sixteenth holiday I've spent alone watching movies, reading short stories, and bingeing to distract myself. It's clear I have nearly no control over eating. I've never drunk alcohol and have no other "outs," but I enjoy food, too much, and use it when I'm lonely. Anyone can figure out the rest...

So as difficult as it seems now to think about being satisfied with a single meal a day, it's what I'm resolving to do. I felt it important to join this community as I've never joined an online nutrition/health community before but am confident I need the accountability and support. All my relatives are either dead or halfway across the world, and other than acquaintances at work, all who, of course, are always with their families outside of work, I haven't any close acquaintances whom to do this with.

I don't know what else to write. Good luck to everybody else.

Start slowly and speak to us as often as you can so we can help you reach your goals. Lonely is a terrible feeling. We're here for you