Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• little_robot
    little_robot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know this was something other people did! I started doing it after deciding that I really liked the occasional 24 hour fasts I was doing (Brad Pilon Eat Stop Eat) - I lost weight and felt good! I began about 6 weeks ago and have lost 17 lbs so far. Most days I have a low carb protein bar (oh yeah ONE) when I get super hungry and then just have a regular LCHF dinner. Very excited to have found this group! I am hoping to lose +50 lbs to go from my current 232 to 180.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joe and Little Robot! :-)

We just keep growing!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe - Glad you're here. I will remember you in my prayers today. You can do this!! It helps to watch Joe's videos on his youtube channel. They really helped me.

Hi little_robot - Nice to meet you. Isn't this way of eating wonderful. Congrats on the 17 pound loss so far.

We are all here for you.

Happy trails!
  • interlude0118
    interlude0118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Helena. I am 5 feet 2 and weigh around 130 pound. My goal weight is 110 pound. I hope OMAD can help me with my life. I am on Keto too.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Welcome Helena. I'm sure that you will see results with OMAD. Nice to meet you.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Helena.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this group on Nov. 4th and have been reading some of the threads. My body adapts to diets quickly and plateaus. I am currently doing intermittent fasting 16/8 with 2 meals (lunch & dinner) and am maintaining. But I desire to lose another 10 pounds. Will my body adjust to OMAD also and soon plateau? I would like to try this but would hate to put myself through it only to plateau on one meal a day.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I just discovered this group on Nov. 4th and have been reading some of the threads. My body adapts to diets quickly and plateaus. I am currently doing intermittent fasting 16/8 with 2 meals (lunch & dinner) and am maintaining. But I desire to lose another 10 pounds. Will my body adjust to OMAD also and soon plateau? I would like to try this but would hate to put myself through it only to plateau on one meal a day.

Hi, welcome!

Everybody plateaus. And some plateaus are long. You are not alone in that. And the reason you feel the difficulty is because you have little to lose and your losses will necessarily be slow. You need to give yourself six solid weeks at it. You will lose if you keep yourself in a fasted state with a sizable deficit and train your body to draw on your reserves rather than what you eat. Don't be waiting around for confirmation bias, though. You will psych yourself out.
  • DebSozo
    Options

Hi, welcome!

Everybody plateaus. And some plateaus are long. You are not alone in that. And the reason you feel the difficulty is because you have little to lose and your losses will necessarily be slow. You need to give yourself six solid weeks at it. You will lose if you keep yourself in a fasted state with a sizable deficit and train your body to draw on your reserves rather than what you eat.Don't be waiting around for confirmation bias, though. You will psych yourself out.

I will give it a trial of 6 weeks and see what happens. I don't have a big deficit as my TDEE is 1750 and I am miserable at 1250. So I don't know what your "sizable" deficit is. I am comfortable at 1500,calories, so I hope it works with a small deficit. Thanks for the advice!

• DebSozo
    Options
    I spent a lot of time watching the OMAD videos on YouTube today and think I am ready to start.

I love my 2MAD but am back on a plateau and not losing. I'm excited at the prospect that OMAD could take me to goal.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I suppose I should start my own journal thread to keep track of progress?
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Yes you should. That way you can keep track of your journey as well as all of our comments and encouragement.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I spent a lot of time watching the OMAD videos on YouTube today and think I am ready to start.

I love my 2MAD but am back on a plateau and not losing. I'm excited at the prospect that OMAD could take me to goal.

I suppose I should start my own journal thread to keep track of progress?

We're so GLAD you're here Deb! Please do start your own thread and ...
    1WelcomeToTheGroup255Froseswag25-1.gif
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Okay. I'm nervous for some reason and preparing to take the plunge. I still have a few questions left unanswered. But the only way to answer them is to jump in, I suppose.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    My mind is shifting into acceptance that I will start tomorrow. (Monday). Yikes! --Still a bit nervous thinking about it.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Okay. I'm nervous for some reason and preparing to take the plunge. I still have a few questions left unanswered. But the only way to answer them is to jump in, I suppose.

My mind is shifting into acceptance that I will start tomorrow. (Monday). Yikes! --Still a bit nervous thinking about it.

Please know you're not alone, we're here with you--it makes the journey so much for enjoyable when you know you're not alone (even though ultimately, we're accountable to/for ourselves again, it's GREAT to understand that where we're going someone else has gone or going there too. )

You've got a marvelous attitude and your contributions to the group is just so encouraging and terrific.

Let's GO, no turning back!

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    One step at a time and you learn as you go. You can do it and it gets easier every day.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sun_cat - or just Cat
    5'5", starting with a goal of a 20 lbs loss. I'm not sure what my final goal will be.
    58 years old, hypothyroid, desk job.
    My biggest challenge: I really don't want to talk about what I'm doing to anyone in my real life yet. My challenge will be maintaining my schedule around other people.

More info in my journal OMAD to Me. (I don't know how I missed this thread, but I didn't see it and started a journal as my intro)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    sun_cat wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Sun_cat - or just Cat
    5'5", starting with a goal of a 20 lbs loss. I'm not sure what my final goal will be.
    58 years old, hypothyroid, desk job.
    My biggest challenge: I really don't want to talk about what I'm doing to anyone in my real life yet. My challenge will be maintaining my schedule around other people.

More info in my journal OMAD to Me. (I don't know how I missed this thread, but I didn't see it and started a journal as my intro)

Welcome Sun Cat!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Sun_cat!