Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    On my low carb days it's usually under 20 but I never count my carbs on high carb days but I'm sure it's way over 500.
  • abnersutton
    abnersutton Posts: 3 Member
    Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas,

My name is Abner kinda new here.

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"
    ...your goal weight range = 200 - 210
    ...the time of your OMAD = 8pm- 9pm
    ...I started OMAD nine days ago on December 19, 2016.

I found your OMAD video on youtube and thought what the hell let me try it. I eat between 1100 and 1500 calories every 23 hours and nothing else. I literally drink 10 plastic bottles of water and drink 4 to 6 cups of black coffee a day. I started at 266 lbs 9 days ago and am now 251 no snags yet. It is actually WORKING:) Only hard part is dodging office holiday cookies, eggnog, cakes, etc. But it seems I have more willpower than I thought. I finally found a diet I can stick to with no cheating.

I told my wife I kind of feel lucky no dizzyness, head fog or anything yet. I do get some cravings that I have to push through. I really hope I stick it out. If I do I will post again in another week or so. I hope.

UPDATE:

Okay now I do occasionally feel brain fog and light headaches. It is nothing I can't handle. I am still eating between 8pm and 9pm everyday; however, only between 1000 to 1300 calories daily. I am not really feeling hunger cravings. I can trust myself at resteraunts now. I often go with my wife and drink black coffee while she eats if it isn't my time to uptake.

I am primarily eating stews I make in the slow cooker over brown rice or a couple of tv dinners like the bag bertolli skillet meals that add up to 1000 calories. I drink ACV everyother day in my apple juice. It feels like this diet/way of eating is now on cruise control. I started 12/19/2017 at 266 am now at 240 lbs. Considering loosing 26 lbs in roughly 31 days I am happy with the progress so far.

My goal of 200 to 210 is getting closer. I think the hard part is still to come maintenance but I feel confident with the power if intermittent fasting I can make it work.

God Bless!

Abner
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"

I found your OMAD video on youtube and thought what the hell let me try it. I eat between 1100 and 1500 calories every 23 hours and nothing else. I literally drink 10 plastic bottles of water and drink 4 to 6 cups of black coffee a day. I started at 266 lbs 9 days ago and am now 251 no snags yet. It is actually WORKING:) Only hard part is dodging office holiday cookies, eggnog, cakes, etc. But it seems I have more willpower than I thought. I finally found a diet I can stick to with no cheating.

I told my wife I kind of feel lucky no dizzyness, head fog or anything yet. I do get some cravings that I have to push through. I really hope I stick it out. If I do I will post again in another week or so. I hope.

UPDATE:

Okay now I do occasionally feel brain fog and light headaches. It is nothing I can't handle. I am still eating between 8pm and 9pm everyday; however, only between 1000 to 1300 calories daily. I am not really feeling hunger cravings. I can trust myself at resteraunts now. I often go with my wife and drink black coffee while she eats if it isn't my time to uptake.

I am primarily eating stews I make in the slow cooker over brown rice or a couple of tv dinners like the bag bertolli skillet meals that add up to 1000 calories. I drink ACV everyother day in my apple juice. It feels like this diet/way of eating is now on cruise control. I started 12/19/2017 at 266 am now at 240 lbs. Considering loosing 26 lbs in roughly 31 days I am happy with the progress so far.

My goal of 200 to 210 is getting closer. I think the hard part is still to come maintenance but I feel confident with the power if intermittent fasting I can make it work.

God Bless!

Abner

Wow. Are you saying you lost almost a pound a day??? That's amazing! What an inspiration!!!!
  • Schopenhauer53
    Schopenhauer53 Posts: 1 Member
    ...your name or preferred username
    Keith

...your weight
    320 lbs.
    ...your height
    6' 4"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    Sticking with a program long term
    ...your goal weight range

...the time of your OMAD
    6-7 PM
    ...and your OMAD start date.
    1/16/17

At my age it is do or die (really). I am hoping to get the best results possible at my age and circumstance. This seems doable!
  • slurio
    slurio Posts: 4 Member

UPDATE:

God Bless!

Abner

That's awesome
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    ...your name or preferred username
    Keith

...your weight
    320 lbs.
    ...your height
    6' 4"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing

At my age it is do or die (really). I am hoping to get the best results possible at my age and circumstance. This seems doable!
    Welcome Keith!! I really admire the fact that you're committing to get yourself healthy. If I were you, I'd embed myself into this group and read posts constantly, perhaps start your own thread, so that you feel completely supported. I find that it helps on those days that it gets tough. Arm yourself with all the knowledge of Joe's YouTube videos so you can make sense of what you're going through.
    I am looking forward to hearing about your progress!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome Keith!
  • blambo61

...your weight = 251 now
    ...your height = 5' 10"

UPDATE:

God Bless!

Abner

Way to go!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Does anyone else that does OMAD do a fasting day where they consume no food?

I tried several times but I couldn't make it so I'm waiting and will try again another time.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Thanks, I like how I feel eating low carb and will most likely continue even when I get to maintenance, I do eat high carbs but only on my splurge days and hopefully I will get more splurge days once I get to maintenance :)

What would you and anyone else reading this thread consider to be, "High carb?" In 2010, I lost over 100 lbs. eating Medifast meals and cooking dinner, which consisted between 85-100g of carbs per day. Good carbs, not from sugar. I usually stay within the 60g range.

Anything over 100 is high carb. When I ate low carb I kept it around 50 but I see that some people go as low as 20.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Hi Keith...welcome...so glad you joined us!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Wow Abner, you lost over 6 pounds a week on average your first OMAD month!
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017
    I think under 100g is considered low carb but have seen up to 150g with some sources.
  • DebSozo
    I do better on low carb high fat diet.
  • jessicap32
    jessicap32 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hello,

I've just joined the group. My name is Jess :smile:

35yrs old
    5ft 4
    weight now - 12st 5lb ish
    weight target - 10st ish

I started the new year actually doing TMAD - which was bran flakes for breakfast and then nothing until dinner time. I did lose a bit with this but then started researching and came across OMAD. I really struggle with food in that when I'm not "on a diet", the more I eat the more I want to eat - if that makes sense! Also I really dislike diet food, living off salad and eating tiny portions of non satisfying food really doesn't appeal so OMAD suits me much better. I would much rather eat nothing than eat things I don't enjoy that just make me more hungry.

So I've been on OMAD for nearly two weeks now. I am ashamed to admit I don't know what my starting weight was. I couldn't face the cold hard truth of the scales! But my clothes are definitely looser and (to myself) I feel lighter. I weighed on Wednesday this week and rocked in at 12st 4lb. Having not weighed myself for ages I have now swung in the other direction and have weighed every day since. I am now feeling pretty despondent as yesterday I was 12st 5lb and this morning 12st 6lb ! Either my scales have a very bad sense of humour or something else is going on.

My meal in the evening tends to be whatever my partner is cooking, so chilli and rice or chicken and veg etc. Nothing particularly unhealthy but not what I would consider diet food. Should I be aiming to cut down on carbs?? I generally have something sweet about an hour or so after dinner, like a mini chocolate bar or last night a very small slice of Christmas cake (I justified this to myself by thinking it's mainly fruit!)

I would really appreciate any support from the group. It's rather lonely plodding on alone and although I am fully committed to OMAD as a lifestyle choice - it suits me down to the ground - I am feeling pretty depressed about the 2lbs gain since Wednesday!!

Best wishes, Jess xx

I should have added during the day I drink tea and coffee at work - with a splash of semi skimmed milk. I also drink loads of no added sugar squash and I have some sugar free boiled sweets that I might have one or two in the afternoon - these are 15kcal per three sweets.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Lots of newbies. Welcome, all!
  • blambo61
    jessicap32 wrote: »
    Hello,

35yrs old
    5ft 4
    weight target - 10st ish

I started the new year actually doing TMAD - which was bran flakes for breakfast and then nothing until dinner time. I did lose a bit with this but then started researching and came across OMAD. I really struggle with food in that when I'm not "on a diet", the more I eat the more I want to eat - if that makes sense! Also I really dislike diet food, living off salad and eating tiny portions of non satisfying food really doesn't appeal so OMAD suits me much better. I would much rather eat nothing than eat things I don't enjoy that just make me more hungry.

So I've been on OMAD for nearly two weeks now. I am ashamed to admit I don't know what my starting weight was. I couldn't face the cold hard truth of the scales! But my clothes are definitely looser and (to myself) I feel lighter. I weighed on Wednesday this week and rocked in at 12st 4lb. Having not weighed myself for ages I have now swung in the other direction and have weighed every day since. I am now feeling pretty despondent as yesterday I was 12st 5lb and this morning 12st 6lb ! Either my scales have a very bad sense of humour or something else is going on.

My meal in the evening tends to be whatever my partner is cooking, so chilli and rice or chicken and veg etc. Nothing particularly unhealthy but not what I would consider diet food. Should I be aiming to cut down on carbs?? I generally have something sweet about an hour or so after dinner, like a mini chocolate bar or last night a very small slice of Christmas cake (I justified this to myself by thinking it's mainly fruit!)

I would really appreciate any support from the group. It's rather lonely plodding on alone and although I am fully committed to OMAD as a lifestyle choice - it suits me down to the ground - I am feeling pretty depressed about the 2lbs gain since Wednesday!!

Best wishes, Jess xx

I should have added during the day I drink tea and coffee at work - with a splash of semi skimmed milk. I also drink loads of no added sugar squash and I have some sugar free boiled sweets that I might have one or two in the afternoon - these are 15kcal per three sweets.

Weight can fluctuate a lot so don't get discouraged about a couple of measurements. You need to give it a few more days to see what's happening and maybe even longer depending on causes of the weight fluctuations.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »
    jessicap32 wrote: »
    Hello,

35yrs old
    5ft 4
    weight target - 10st ish

Best wishes, Jess xx

Weight can fluctuate a lot so don't get discouraged about a couple of measurements. You need to give it a few more days to see what's happening and maybe even longer depending on causes of the weight fluctuations.

If you clothes are looser, let that be your proof for now that your losing. You could easily be losing fat but holding on to some water.

Whoops meant to edit my previous post instead of reply to it.
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Great to join this group. I live in England but with close families in California and Belgium.

Most of last year I exercised like mad so
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    .... so I could eat the things I love In great quantities mainly cakes, chocolates, etc. I pointed out to a trainer in the gym that I was not losing much weight, he said to me "the kitchen is for weight loss and the gym for fitness". I then went on low carb with some success. I started to follow Jason Fung, Dr Westman, Jimmy Moore and I think OMAD is some way of eating that will suit me. Last week I fasted 4.5 days and felt great.

I am starting OMAD intending to keep eating moderate carbs and high fat during the week and a bit more carbs at the weekend. I am also going to try to avoid processed food.

I have 34 lbs to lose. I am going to this a really good try. So pleased to have found this group.