Replies

• ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new!
    ...my name is Shannon. I am 35/female
    ...I currently weigh 260lbs.
    ...I am 5'8"
    ...I've always been obese. I got down to 185lbs a couple years ago doing juice fasting. And promptly gained it all back, plus some. I do enjoy exercise and have worked with a trainer for 9 years. However, I have a genetic condition which causes constant injury, so I have to be restrained when working out.
    ...my goal weight range is 145-165. I have never been below 185, and I was only 185 for less than 2 months.
    ...I will be adjusting it to suit my schedule. But predominantly I will be eating dinner as my one meal, around 7pm.
    ...I started OMAD on 3/27/17. After doing regular intermittent fasting (3 24hr fasts per week) for about 2 months before. I had no weight loss results.

I'm currently suffering from a sinus infection, and my antibiotics require being taken every 12 hours WITH FOOD. So I have been eating a 100 calorie breakfast with my pill. But I won't be doing that after my 2 weeks of meds! :-)

I am counting calories as well, though it seems unnecessary right now, as all my days have been around 800calories. But I don't want to stuff in more if I don't want it. My limit is 1,400 a day, so I am going to work on it! I am vegan, so my most filling foods are rice, potato, beans and legumes.

My daily goals are :
    1. Eat OMAD.
    2. Eat less than 1,400 calories per day
    3. Consume leafy greens with every meal
    4. Up my water intake (blah, I hate drinking! So, this is hard for me, but I'm doing it!)
    5. Watch my processed sugar intake. I don't eat a lot of junk food. But when I do eat sweets, they really do a number on my stomach. So, I'd like to keep those off the menu for now.

Whew, OK, now that you're thoroughly bored... thanks for welcoming me! I am off to peruse the forum! :smiley:

Nice to meet you,
    Shannon
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon welcome! We are a very suppportive and active group and I'm thrilled you are a part of it. Drinking water can be a chore. The first thing I do is chug a 20 ounce glass of water right when I wake up. It helps me to drink more throughout the day. You have set some great goals for yourself and I'm excited to see your journey. Start your own thread!!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Thank you so much! Because I've always hated drinking, I just try to consume a large amount of water-dense fruits and veggies to get it in! But I will! :-)

KetoKaHee wrote: »
    Hi Shannon welcome! We are a very suppportive and active group and I'm thrilled you are a part of it. Drinking water can be a chore. The first thing I do is chug a 20 ounce glass of water right when I wake up. It helps me to drink more throughout the day. You have set some great goals for yourself and I'm excited to see your journey. Start your own thread!!

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @ShannonOMAD Yes!! That definitely helps and is way more delicious than plain ol' water!!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome aboard @ShannonOMAD !!! Start your own discussion thread so we can follow your progress, will be interested to see.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, Shannon.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Shannon.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I did start a discussion thread... I think! :-) not a great set up over here on MFP. But I'll get the hang of it, just happy to be here!
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I did start a discussion thread... I think! :-) not a great set up over here on MFP. But I'll get the hang of it, just happy to be here!
    Yes, we see it, awesome!
  • OhmyOMAD
    OhmyOMAD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jennifer. I weight 221lbs and Im 5'1". Ive been on omad for ten days and have been losing about a pound a day. That is until the last three days were Ive stayed the same and today gained a pound. I was frustrated and sad because Ive been staying under target calories and not cheating at all. So it sad to see the numbers not going down. I watched omad revolution video on the honeymoon stage and feel better and also found out about this group. Ive watched almost all the videos and some maybe a couple times but I guess since this really is me, it kinda had my whole attention. I feel better about the plateau and know I can push through it and stick to the omad. My goal is kinda flexable since I feel this is becoming a lifestyle rather than a diet. So I always wanted to be around 150 lbs but I think I will wait and see how I look and feel at that stage. It is at the top of the range for my height that is why I always picked it cause if I at least could get there id be satified with making it that far. I am really enjoying the ease this omad is fitting into my life and feels like ive always done it cause im used to skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch and not eating until mid afternoon but then continue eating until about five or six but it wasnt healthy or even consious eating. I now eat at noon every day. I think about what I am going to have and make sure it has most if not all of the food groups. I stay within my calorie range and feel full afterwards but not sickly full. I no longer snack after my meal either. I also feel great during the days and sleep without meds at night now. I plan on using omad for my new lifestyle and continuing to enjoy the many benefits of omad :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Jennifer!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer, you should start a discussion thread :)
  • JakeL1981
    JakeL1981 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello,

...name - Jake L
    ...your weight - starting weight - 321 lbs
    .... current weight - 275 lbs (46 lbs lost)
    ...your height - 6 feet 2 inches
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing - OMAD weekends. A lot more "downtime" to thinking about snacking.
    ...your goal weight range - 220 lbs (100 pounds lost)
    ...the time of your OMAD - i usually eat dinner between 7pm and 8pm.
    ...and your OMAD start date - some time during February.

I did not know what i was doing was called OMAD until a couple of weeks ago. Saw some folks about fasting 16/8 or 20/4 etc and was thinking I've been doing 24/0 for months so i looked a little more into it. OMAD fits my lifestyle great, i eat good food and get full with a great calorie deficit. I think I've my calorie sweet spot is 1500 calories per day and could easily do less per day.

Will be good to have some more OMAD biddies.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Welcome aboard Jennifer and Jake!!! Weekends are tough for me, for the same reason. A tsp of coconut oil helps fight cravings, and all the usual advice like staying hydrated, etc. If you like the taste of coconut, unrefined is good. Refined coconut oil has all the same benefits, as I understand it, but it tastes like plain ol' vegetable oil.

And of course staying busy helps, but I do like my downtime on the weekend.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Jake!
  • Kate1368
    Kate1368 Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So happy to have found this group! I started OMAD today. At 5'9" I am currently 188 lbs. My happy weight is 145-150 lbs, but it's been about 20 years since I've seen that on anything but my driver's license! When I was younger and didn't have weight issues or worry constantly about food, I naturally only ate once a day (sometimes twice and sometimes forgetting to eat at all). So, it makes sense to me that doing OMAD on purpose would help me get to a comfortable weight.
  • jjrogalski73
    jjrogalski73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is JOSH, I am in between 5'11/6'0 tall and clocked in at 315lbs. I struggled figuring out what I wanted to do before starting OMAD. I messed around with doing 16/8 Intermittent Fasting, then tried Keto IF. But I realized they really didnt work and it was easy to overeat. My goal weight is between 210-215lbs. I started OMAD on 3/31/2017. I am not sure if I can get to that weight because I was an avid powerlifter and have a good frame. I just felt if this could work for Herschel Walker or General Stanley McChrystal, well, why not me? I'd like to see how far I could get by October. So for now, the goal is around 250lbs, then go from there.
  • murrell007
    murrell007 Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    murrell007
    ...your weight 156
    ...your height 5' 5
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: emotional eating and snacking
    ...your goal weight range 128-133
    ...the time of your 5-8pm
    ...and your OMAD start date 4/2/17.

I am starting this today. I had gradually reduced breakfast to just coffee and half and half and lunch was a protein bar. Trying to do a normal dinner. Since I am an emotional eater I have trouble snacking in the eve cuz I am tired and emotional. The weight has improved but I think I need to be more regimented for better success. I like the fact my splurge day will be fall on Easter. I am looking forward to getting back into the clothes I still have but can't wear. One challenge I will have is that I love to weigh myself every day. I feel if I don't then I will miss the low days that help give me incentive to keep going on. But I will stick to the one day a week :)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    My name is JOSH, I am in between 5'11/6'0 tall and clocked in at 315lbs. I struggled figuring out what I wanted to do before starting OMAD. I messed around with doing 16/8 Intermittent Fasting, then tried Keto IF. But I realized they really didnt work and it was easy to overeat. My goal weight is between 210-215lbs. I started OMAD on 3/31/2017. I am not sure if I can get to that weight because I was an avid powerlifter and have a good frame. I just felt if this could work for Herschel Walker or General Stanley McChrystal, well, why not me? I'd like to see how far I could get by October. So for now, the goal is around 250lbs, then go from there.

Alright! Welcome, buddy!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies!!! :)