Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hello! What expressive work you have! Love it! I'm glad you've joined the group. Our main focus is to motivate each other to be happier and healthier in our lives so I think you'll find what you're looking for here...
    Be sure to start your own thread so we can provide you with the personal motivation you need (and maybe you can share some of your work with us, we like to learn about the people in this group :) )
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    KaHee
    Weight: 125lbs
    Height: 5'1.5"
    Goal weight: 115lbs
    Time of OMAD: 6:15pm
    OMAD start date: March 6th, 2017

Hi Everyone! I started doing the Ketogenic diet about 2 months, however, I started to gain weight. I have a background as a Personal Trainer and love all things health and fitness. I have a lot of food sensitivities and therefore I can't eat things like bread, pasta, sugar, etc. I spent years constantly being hungry eating 6 small meals. I was never satisfied. At 35 years old I was tired of doing the same thing without any results. I was eager to find a way to balance my hormones, control my hunger and not overstress my body with crazy workouts. I didn't want to stop doing Keto since the high fat has helped with my mood but I desperately wanted to see some results. I'm on my 4th day of OMAD and I love it so far! I always feared being hungry and it caused lots of anxiety and binge eating. So far I feel lighter in my clothes and surprisingly I know longer fear hunger. I like looking forward to my Keto dinner every night. I know there has been some research stating that Intermittent Fasting isn't good for women. I hope I am one of the lucky ones and have great success on this eating style. I wish everyone great success!!

You're so pretty. Welcome to the group! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rachel
    I weigh 199
    I am 5'5
    My goal is 140
    My OMAD is at 6:00pm
    And my start day is today!

Welcome Rachel! let us know how you are doing from time to time :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    My name is Danae. .
    I weight 180.
    Goal: 160 (for now).
    OMAD will be between 10-11 pm (I get out of work at 9pm).
    I'm starting today :)

Hello! Love your name! Welcome to the group. How are you finding OMAD so far? :)
  • omaddiaryofablackwoman
    Options
    Hello my name is Danielle and I started Omad 9 days ago and today is day 10. My starting weight is 384lbs and for now my goal is to get under 300 lbs.
  • omaddiaryofablackwoman
    Options
    Also I eat around 7pm everyday
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome Danielle! Congrats on starting OMAD and already 10 days in that is awesome!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Danielle and I started Omad 9 days ago and today is day 10. My starting weight is 384lbs and for now my goal is to get under 300 lbs.

Hi! Nice! That was my first goal weight!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Hi Danielle and welcome aboard!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Name: Jim
    Current weight 253 lbs
    High weight 362 lbs in August 2016
    goal weight 180-195 lbs
    Started OMAD Oct 29, 2016

I'm 58 and 6'1" and last August I weighed over 360 lbs. I knew I was facing an early death if I didn't make some big changes. Not having had success at losing weight for many years I knew I had to think out side the box. For roughly 5 weeks I simply reduced my food portions as much as possible as well as severely reducing sugar and carbs. Then I got the idea that I had to incorporate fasting. I first attempted to fast for a single day. That went well so I decided to tack on another day, and another, and another. I ended up fasting for 2 weeks (water and some coffee only). During those 2 weeks I was reading everything I could on fasting and how to incorporate it into my everyday life.
    I read a book called The Obesity Code and it really opened my eyes. It was at that time that I first heard of the idea of eating once a day. I didn't know if I could do it but I thought it made a lot of sense for my lifestyle. So after my 2 week fast I went right into once a day eating and I've been doing it for almost six months now. I really didn't know if this was the right thing to do, or if others were doing it, but it felt right and was working really well for me so I've never looked back or wavered.
    I was just browsing today and came across this OMAD forum and man, wow! I can't believe it.
    What I've been doing (and will continue doing) really is a thing.
    Let me just state that since my fast and OMAD eating it has changed me, I'm not the same person.
    My mind is very sharp and lucid.
    I don't have an indigestion issues or heartburn anymore.
    I sleep well.
    I have more energy and feel great.
    I lose an average of 2.5 lbs per week (range is 1-5)
    I have less stress and increased confidence.
    Life is simpler only having to shop for one meal a day.
    I enjoy cooking for the first time in my life.
    I look forward to my 1.5 hour eating window each evening.
    I am NOT hungry during the day. Sometimes I'll have a craving but it quickly passes.
    I do not feel like I'm on a diet, actually at this point there is nothing compelling me to change.
    So bottom line right now I'm losing a lot of weight and to be honest it's not even difficult.

Every single person who stops and asks about what I'm doing, as soon as I say that I eat only once a day only they immediately blurt out "See I could never do that", to which I answer "I would have said the same thing 7 months ago".

I've lost around 110 pounds now and still have a ways to go but feeling so great and seeing the weight tick off so consistently I have fewer and fewer doubts that I will make my goal.
    My plan is to do a four day "quarterly maintenance fast" every three months because I think there are benefits to an occasional longer period fast in addition to the daily 23 hours.
    For the first 6 months I did zero exercise as I wanted to be certain that exercise was not the sole reason for losing weight, plus I was so heavy it really was not advisable. I've recently added some vigorous walks to my routine and some very light weight work. I will slightly increase the amount of activity as the weight drops off but I am not going to go overboard with it. Diet and eating frequency are my main areas of focus.

I will definitely be checking in here for ideas and support.
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Wow Jim welcome aboard! You have quite an inspiring story!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jim.

Man, that's just...awesome! Please don't be a stranger!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jim.

Man, that's just...awesome! Please don't be a stranger!
    Thanks and I will participate, I feel the need to share some of the things I've been doing.

I also want to amplify on something I said above "I'm losing a lot of weight and to be honest it's not even difficult". That is not really correct. Of course there are difficulties but I'm finding the biggest difficulties are in the mind. Self-doubt, breaking through plateau's, etc. What I meant by "not being difficult" is the OMAD lifestyle. Unlike other weight loss plans I'm fine with it this. It's not a daily struggle just to maintain course.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Howdy all! Start a thread if you haven't already.
  • Thick2Lean
    Thick2Lean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ..your name - Rella age26
    ...your weight - 185
    ...your height - 5.0'
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing - my BIGGEST struggle are sweets and chocolate! I consider myself very wise in the food department. I eat clean and I'm very aware of what I put in my body but I can't shake this Plateau I've hit going on 2yrs now.. and being addicted to sweets sure doesn't help!
    ...your goal weight range - 145lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD - 3:30pm
    ...and your OMAD start date. - 03/12/17

Thank you OMAD Community!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rella!! I'm a shorty too at 5'1"!! You'll love this community. I struggled with sweets too and was a full on sugar addict. I don't eat any sweets now as a preference because it is a slippery slope for me but I hope to one day be able to enjoy sweets without going cray cray!
  • dlobato1989
    dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 214lbs.
    Highest Weight: 225lbs.
    Current Weight: 209lbs.
    Current Goal: 180lbs.
    Ultimate Goal: 135lbs.
    20:4 start: 3/14/17
    OMAD start: 3/17/17

Hey everyone just figured I'd introduce myself.. I'm Danielle and I'm 27 years old. I am a little under 5'6 and as of today I weight 209 lbs!

Backstory.. I was always the tiny girl for as long as I could remember. My nickname was Tiny Tina haha anyways about 3 years ago something happened almost overnight it seemed I gained 75 lbs in 3 months! My stomach bloated I because weak and tired.. My diet hadn't changed neither did my activity level. i went and saw a couple Drs. They could NOT explain why this happened to me... To gain this weight then just stop gaining and I couldnt lose anything either I became stuck. They put me on some meds of course and I didn't like them so I quit taking them cold turkey.

Fast forward to NOW I hopped on the scale beginning of Jan and weighed myself 225 lbs. okaaaaaaay I NEED to do something. Why cant I lose weight? Why am I so tired? No motivation? Been counting calories 1200 a day and cut dairy out because it made my stomach hurt lost about 10lbs. I hated this lifestyle. I have a herniated disc and carpal tunnel which makes working out hard. Recently I started using my gazelle again for 20 mins a day. I came across intermittent fasting. Started 4 days ago I have been doing 20:4 and have lost a little over a 4 lbs. I drink a ton of water and have coffee everyday. I eat healthy not junk. I'm not a sweets person but I love salty food. I still don't eat very much dairy... Pretty close to none. Today I will be starting OMAD..I find it hard to eat 2 meals or snacking within 4 hours. I'd rather just eat 1 hour of the day and be done with it. Hopefully I will see even better results. 20:4 was easy as far as no cravings. I have had trouble sleeping at night and end up sleeping during the day. Also I get headaches throughout the day.. Thats nothing new.

Feel free to add me and follow my progress, need to talk w.e. I'll be more than happy to talk to you. I will continue to do weigh ins and update regularly.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Howdy all! Start a thread and keep us posted!

Danielle, I found fasting help fix a lot of things with me or at least made them better besides losing weight. Helped a lot with blood pressure, blood sugar, energy levels, allergies, sleep (no snoring now). I think previously my snoring and high blood pressure were giving me headaches and I wasn't getting sleep. Now I'm over that, I feel much better. Good luck.

Rella, Sweets are evil! They give me gout!
  • dlobato1989
    dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Howdy all! Start a thread and keep us posted!

Danielle, I found fasting help fix a lot of things with me or at least made them better besides losing weight. Helped a lot with blood pressure, blood sugar, energy levels, allergies, sleep (no snoring now). I think previously my snoring and high blood pressure were giving me headaches and I wasn't getting sleep. Now I'm over that, I feel much better. Good luck.

Rella, Sweets are evil! They give me gout!

Awesome I'll have to talk to my father in law about it so he can work on his blood pressure. Thanks!
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Welcome aboard @dlobato1989 and @Thick2Lean !!!