Replies

• madd0g11
    madd0g11 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    mad
    103kg
    178cm
    Always fluctuated, but spent a couple of periods at very high weight.
    ~85KG
    4-8PM
    Jan 16, 2017

I've done some variation of IF or OMAD the last 2 years but I've fallen into ruts where I'm suddenly eating a box of cookies a day and it goes to *kitten*. But it's prevented me from getting into the excess I would hit before. It's a lot easier to just get everything done in one sitting as opposed to within a feeding window in more routine IF. I also apply monastic principles to how I eat my one meal and have everything out of one bowl and eat mindfully. My macros are Keto so I sometimes have a high fat drink with my meal to ensure I come close to my macros. I cook and prep my food for the week on Sundays to reduce the amount of work I need to do during meal time. Less decisions related to food make it easier to focus on other things. I meticulously track myself like a science experiment and adjust things like activity, macros, calories, and supplements as needed.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome @madd0g11 and @deborahbarnes904 l look forward to hearing about your journeys :)
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    your name or preferred username: foomsy
    ...your weight 81.1kg
    ...your height. 5'8.5
    ...your goal weight range: 66-70kg
    ...the time of your OMAD: 3pm-7pm - still working it out.
    ...and your OMAD start date: Feb 20 2017

i started IF a while ago following the 5:2 and 16/8 i have lost 14kg so far last year i basically lost and kept the same 2-3kg all year round. My initial goal was to get to 70kg but from watching the OMAD video i need to have a range of about 10-15lbs i believe as a buffer of some sort so i will be looking at working between 66-70kg. So far its been good but i seem not to be able to get a lot of my calories in but i am working on that and maybe increasing m eating window or eating more dense and calorific food. The following weeks will be a learning curve. And hoping for a steady weightloss.
  • chrissyworksit
    chrissyworksit Posts: 14 Member
    Options

...your name or preferred username:chrissyworksit
    ...your weight:202
    ...your height:5.2
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing:I have struggled with emotional eating for the past 9 years, before that I never had a problem with my weight.
    ...your goal weight range:101-115
    ...the time of your OMAD: Dinner time so between 5-6:30
    ...and your OMAD start date. 2/28/17

I love the idea of OMAD because I tend to binge when I start eating and it creates a cycle for the entire day. On the days I barely touch food and just eat a large meal for dinner I feel substantially better. I love that this OMAD community exists because I kept reading how bad it was to not eat 3 meals a day and have been forcing myself to eat breakfast, which of course created my all day eat cycle. I am looking forward to seeing how well OMAD can work for me.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    @chrissyworksit Welcome :) I was in the same boat as you. You'll love OMAD I know its done wonders for me
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am excited about this journey

...your name or preferred username - rs2332
    ...your weight - 192
    ...your height - 5'11
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing - I went from 230+ to 192 and have plateaued. I want to go to my goal weight of 160 with 12% bf
    ...your goal weight range 160-165lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD - trying to figure this out still but so far its between 6pm to 10pm
    ...and your OMAD start date. - 2/27/2017
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Newbies--consider starting your own support thread below. It's been so helpful for me. I needed a lot of cheering on in the beginning and the lovely folks here kept me on the path. You got this!
  • MandyxSchmitz
    MandyxSchmitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ...your name or preferred username - Mandy or MandyxSchmitz
    ...your weight - 364 (started at 387)
    ...your height - 5'4"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing - I've always struggled with my weight. The last time I lost 88 pounds but I was starving myself to do it so unfortunately gained back all that weight plus another 60 pounds. :neutral:
    ...your goal weight range - 250, for now. I will reevaluate when I reach that goal
    ...the time of your OMAD - 5pm - 7pm
    ...and your OMAD start date. - Sometime in January 2017

I started OMAD before even realizing that there was such a thing. I just liked eating all of my calories in one meal instead of spacing them out. When I space it out I tend to overeat but this way I can just indulge at supper and be done with it. My body seems to like it, I lose weight much faster this way and this is so much more simple.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hi, Mandy...

Welcome!

Start a thread of your own and keep us up to date on your progress (if you want to). Your story has the potential to be "bigger" than mine!

-Joe
  • aideeginete
    aideeginete Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Aidee
    5'4"
    160 when I was last weighed a month ago
    my goal is 125-135
    My feeding window is between 5 and 7pm.

I started OMAD on 2/21 so I'm about 2 weeks in. Since I have a tendency to obsess about numbers, I am going by my clothing size. Gaining the weight over the last 3 years has allowed me to acquire a nice range of clothing sizes in my closet so I won't have any trouble tracking progress :smile: .
    I started at a snug size 14 and I'm now comfortably in a 12. Based on all I've learned from Joe, I don't anticipate results that dramatic going forward but I'm okay with that. After the first few days things got somewhat easier but the end of the second week finds me at peace with it all. One thing I really like about this way of eating is that you just "set it and forget it" so to speak. I don't have to make decisions multiple times a day or do extraordinary things to stick to it. I just established my meal time and got on with it.
    Based on what I've read of other peoples experiences, I've decided not to worry about how many calories I eat at my meal and to simply eat until I am full. I try to include raw and cooked veggies, meat, a starch of some kind and fruit. I have a cup or two of coffee in the morning with my dear husband. I make him breakfast as I always have but I was surprised that it doesn't bother me at all to sit with him and enjoy my coffee while he eats his eggs, toast, fruit etc.
    During the day I drink water and green tea. In the beginning the hunger went away better with hot tea than with just water. I am still amazed at how much energy I have now and how much better all around I feel. I thought that cutting way back or eliminating alcohol would be hard but I admit, I'm not bothered so far.
    Life did throw me a curve ball this week. Day b/4 yesterday I fractured my ankle so I am side lined from my walking for a while. I was also afraid that working from home would cause me to go off plan and eat all day. But so far so good. Maybe the fact that I already had almost 2 weeks of established pattern is helping.
    Anyway, looking forward to getting to know the folks on here. Good luck to us all!

Aidee

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dee, weigh 187 at 5'6". I've been overweight my entire life reaching a high of 260 pounds in 2012. Between then and 2014 I lost 105 pounds using calorie restriction then the Medifast diet. Since the beginning of 2015, I've regained about 35 pounds. It's been a struggle to lose that regained weight and if I'm not gorging myself, I'm dieting either some hack of Medifast or ketogenic plan. Five months ago I discovered fasting. Since then I've tried IF 16:8, and multiple 4-5 day water fasts. Although I lose weight and feel great, I always regain the lost weight within a couple weeks. I'm looking for a plan I can do every day for the rest of my life. I may incorporate a week-long fast into my life once or twice a year for the health benefits but I don't want to do weekly multiple day fasts. While browsing another website, I saw a link to one of Joe's videos on OMAD and was immediately interested. The 16:8 Eating window of 8 hours was too long. A keto diet wasn't my thing but the simplicity of eating once a day, whatever I want really spoke to me so here I am.

Goal weight range 140-155
    OMAD start : 2/27/17
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hi, Dee!

Love your username, btw (I totally get it!) lol
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Jason
    6'00"
    Retired Army, I slowly see the former me slipping away, time to get it back!! I have IF in the past with good results, I always ended up doing 20:4, so OMAD just makes sense to me. After a week in, it is already almost second nature!
    190-200lbs
    4:30 -8:30 PM
    Started 27 February 2017.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Jason, and thank you for your service! Start your own discussion thread so we can follow your progress.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to OMAD Jason :)
  • flanaganjim1
    flanaganjim1 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jim Flanagan and I'll be having my first OMAD meal later today...
    I'm 285, 5' 6" and will be 80 yrs old come September. My initial weight goal is to get under 250 and my eating window is 10 am to 2 pm. I'm very sedentary and arthritic (I hobble around on a walker) and I'm guessing that around a thousand cals per day will be my sweet spot for weight loss/nutrition requirements. I've spent many hours viewing Joe's videos and I'm inspired by his amazing breadth of knowledge, especially his insight into what makes compulsive overeaters like myself tick. I live alone here in Phoenix in one of those HUD apartments for old farts like myself and except for weekly visits by my son and daughter I'm basically a hermit. Like most fat people I've tried pretty much everything (do I really need to list them?) to lose weight of which the most successful was Overeaters Anonymous which is based on the AA 12 Steps. I lost all my excess weight because I joined a group withing OA that used a strict food plan called the Grey Sheet. I had to call my sponsor every morning to share exactly what I was going to eat that day. In other words my "eat the world" habit was reigned in by honesty and clear cut limits...which to me is why OMAD works for so many people. Ironically, the powers that be in OA decided that using a food plan was too restrictive and disbanded the "extreme" group which was so effective in helping me lose my excess weight. Guess what....the meetings (and myself) got fatter and fatter and I eventually left. One of the main reasons I'm embarking on OMAD is that right now I feel useless.
    I'm an artist (if curious you can view my paintings at www.paintingsilove.com/artist/jimflanagan) and about eight months ago I lost my creative mojo. I've just been feeling lousy, very low energy, lacking the ability and desire to paint. I spend my days eating, reading, watching TV or on my computer and it feels like I'm just hanging around waiting to die. That's why I perked up when I heard Joe describe the mental/spiritual benefits of intermittent fasting: I just want to feel productive and useful again.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi new people! Welcome to OMAD. :)

@flanaganjim1 You are funny! Your art collection is fantastic. I enjoyed reading your rich background. How's Day One going so far? If you're pushing the fluids hard to keep the hunger pangs at bay, then remember to boost your electrolytes. That was something I didn't do at first and wish I had. Too much water and you'll flush away critical minerals and nutrients. Sipping on bone broth was helpful to me the first couple weeks...with sea salt added. Most people make it themselves but I bought mine from the grocery store. It's not cheap, but it was worth it.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welcome aboard @flanaganjim1 !!! I'll be excited to follow your progress and to learn if you rediscover your muse.

Please start a discussion thread so we can follow your progress. Judging by your introduction, your updates will be good reads.
  • flanaganjim1
    flanaganjim1 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mom2Annie and Leveejohn: Thanks so much for your kind welcome....had my one-plate meal at 10:30 (1000-1100 calories) consisting of chicken with rice, spinach, potato salad, and grapefruit juice. My daughter Emily dropped by and while I was eating she graciously cleaned up the kitchen which I had utterly destroyed preparing my complicated meal. Afterwards she sat down and we visited. Later on I read for several hours a history of the Comanches in Texas (I have a really ridiculous range of interests!) and then drifted off to sleep in my LazyBoy. It's five hours since my meal and I've been getting some hunger pangs which come and go (Joe is right, the pangs are not sustained and if you wait a while, the clouds open and the sun shines again). My usual reaction to strong feelings of hunger is to panic and rush to the kitchen to stuff my face but I'm determined to buck up my courage and and try to adopt a more stoic attitude. Annie -- I got into the bone broth diet some months ago and have a cupboard full of chicken bone broth which I use now to replace water when I cook rice. I'm such a compulsive person that it might be dangerous for me to take any low calorie nourishment between meals. I just don't want to step over that line.

Later...