Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Welcome and good luck :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome, newbs! We have lots of fun here! :-)
  • ShantelRae72
    ShantelRae72 Posts: 57 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Welcome Erin!
  • deborahbarnes904
    deborahbarnes904 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello I'm Deborah.
    Start weight: 239.4 lbs
    Current: 223.8 lbs
    Goal 140 lbs
    Height 5"4'

I've been OMAD since January 13th. I've IF for two years without any weight loss. My struggles are medication for bipolar which causes weight gain.

I have fallen in love with OMAD. I have an odd sleep schedule so I awake at 3 pm, I eat at 9:30pm. 23:1. I also eat a ketogenic diet. I started OMAD early Jan but didn't lose. When I combine keto with OMAD Ive lost 15.4 lbs in 33 days.

I have approximately 85 lbs to lose. I'm thrilled I found OMAD.

I quit all diet foods, sugar, artificial sweeteners, diet drinks. I believe I failed my weight loss journey before because I ate and drank those things.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome Deborah! We're a great group and we're always happy to have more people join!
    feel free to create your own thread with your own personal progress.
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Hi Deborah. I'm new here too and it really is a friendly place. I think you'll enjoy it. Happy to hear about your success already!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Deb
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Howdy Deborah! That keto / OMAD has really been working well! Start a thread and keep us posted!
  • Buds200
    Buds200 Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2017
    your name or preferred username: Buds200
    ...your weight: 159 lbs
    ...your height : 5.2
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing:Yoyo dieting/ Emotional Eater
    ...your goal weight range:125 to 130 lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD:12 to 4
    ...and your OMAD start date:20th Feb 2017
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi @deborahbarnes904 and @Buds200 !!! Welcome aboard! Start your own discussion thread so we can join in your progress. I have learned from pretty much everybody here.
  • daniadanietta
    daniadanietta Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Dania. I am 1.70 and I wish I could lose some weight.
    I am not weighing in in this period since I need to get into an healthy lifestyle.

Starting OMAD today.
    Eating at dinner time.
  • arguablysamson
    Hello, Dania. Welcome!
  • petetimpo
    petetimpo Posts: 4 Member
    Started 3 weeks ago with 2 or 3 meals on weekends.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome!
  • petetimpo
    petetimpo Posts: 4 Member
    Sorry I didn't see the memo....

...your name or preferred username: Pete
    ...your weight 198.6
    ...your height. 5'10
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: constantly weighing myself and allowing the scale to dictate what and when I eat
    ...your goal weight range: 155/165
    ...the time of your OMAD: usually around 6pm
    ...and your OMAD start date: Jan 30th 2017
    Originally 209 lbs

I chose the omad approach due to work. I driver a truck for a living and my schedule fluctuates. I usually eat til I was full and then sit in a truck which usually left me feeling sluggish and tired. I'm usually lenient on the weekends but I don't go overboard. It's also easier for me to track my macs this way. Omad has allowed me to have a cookie or two without me sabotaging my day.
  • mizjo57
    mizjo57 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Joeann, started omad Sunday feb 19. Have,nt been able to give up my morning decaf coffee ,coffee mate creamer and 2 pkgs of stevia yet. It helps me to make it to 3:00 pm in the afternoon.I chose 3:00 noon becuz it helps me not to over eat at night. So far,so good. Looking forward to making this work.
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Welcome @petetimpo and @mizjo57. If you'd like, start a thread and share your experiences. It's a friendly place with lots of new people. I've only been at it 8 days myself.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome all!
  • deborahbarnes904
    deborahbarnes904 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello everyone, I'm Deborah. I started OMAD mid January 13th.

Start weight 239.4 lbs
    Current 221.4 lbs
    5"4'
    Goal weight 140 lbs
    I OMAD around 9:30pm

I'm in shock. I spent so much time struggling because I believed I could lose weight drinking diet soda, diet food, Atkins stuff, and artificial sweeteners. I gave that all up. I'm stunned and grateful to find OMAD and reconfigure LCHF to KETO I spent two years practicing IF but never heard of OMAD till early January. I don't know why but I wasn't able to lose weight on OMAD alone so I started KETO with. It's was a game changer. Though I did all that time fasting I never lost weight. So I tried all kinds of different fasting protocols. The resistance to loss may be thyroid I'm hypo or maybe it's medication for bipolar. But wow, OMAD and keto.... I'm sold! I've lost 18 lbs so far. 81 lbs to go!

I'm 45 and feel it's going to be an amazing year!!qvsazedo82ou.jpg