Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am quite familiar with the frantic, panicky hunger urges . . . you will be happy to know they subside. Most days, hunger just feels different . . . I feel empty, not frantic hunger pangs. Now and then hunger gets worse than that, but it's not that often. Like @Mom2annie has called it, "head hunger".

A big part of it (for me) seems to be to decide to 'chill out' and calm myself down before it's my eating period.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    @flanaganjim1 Welcome, You can start a discussion thread by clicking on the CREATE button :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Howdy all!
  • flanaganjim1
    flanaganjim1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Can anybody tell me how to get my avatar to show intead of that gray thing?
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Can anybody tell me how to get my avatar to show intead of that gray thing?

IN THE WEB:

Log in to our full site at www.myfitnesspal.com.Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app.
    Once you've logged in, click "My Home" then "Profile", then "Edit Photos."

​​Depending on your browser, you will see the option to "Browse" or "Choose File", etc. Once you have selected a photo, click "Upload Photo." Once your photo is uploaded, you may select it and click "Main" to promote it to your primary profile photo.

IN OUR IPHONE, IPAD AND ANDROID APPS:

On the "Settings" page tap "Profile" then "Profile Photo."
    You may then select an existing photo, or take a new photo.
  • flanaganjim1
    flanaganjim1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Brenda. Jim
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    KaHee
    Weight: 125lbs
    Height: 5'1.5"
    Goal weight: 115lbs
    Time of OMAD: 6:15pm
    OMAD start date: March 6th, 2017

Hi Everyone! I started doing the Ketogenic diet about 2 months, however, I started to gain weight. I have a background as a Personal Trainer and love all things health and fitness. I have a lot of food sensitivities and therefore I can't eat things like bread, pasta, sugar, etc. I spent years constantly being hungry eating 6 small meals. I was never satisfied. At 35 years old I was tired of doing the same thing without any results. I was eager to find a way to balance my hormones, control my hunger and not overstress my body with crazy workouts. I didn't want to stop doing Keto since the high fat has helped with my mood but I desperately wanted to see some results. I'm on my 4th day of OMAD and I love it so far! I always feared being hungry and it caused lots of anxiety and binge eating. So far I feel lighter in my clothes and surprisingly I know longer fear hunger. I like looking forward to my Keto dinner every night. I know there has been some research stating that Intermittent Fasting isn't good for women. I hope I am one of the lucky ones and have great success on this eating style. I wish everyone great success!!
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Welcome aboard @KetoKaHee !!! Looking forward to hearing your experience as someone who has existed "on the other side" of healthy eating.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    @KetoKaHee Welcome to the OMAD site!!! You will do great and those 10 lbs will be gone before you know it :)
  • rachel98178
    rachel98178 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rachel
    I weigh 199
    I am 5'5
    My goal is 140
    My OMAD is at 6:00pm
    And my start day is today!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachel, and good luck. I am only 12 days in, but I love it already!! You will do great!
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    Hi Rachel! My OMAD is around the same time at 6:15pm. You are going to do awesome today!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rachel
    I weigh 199
    I am 5'5
    My goal is 140
    My OMAD is at 6:00pm
    And my start day is today!

Welcome!!! Our stats are kinda similar, I started out at 194 and my goal is 130...You are going to love OMAD :)
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Welcome aboard @rachel98178 !!! You'll love it here.
  • tookawaii2live2sugoi2die
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    My name is Danae. .
    I weight 180.
    Goal: 160 (for now).
    OMAD will be between 10-11 pm (I get out of work at 9pm).
    I'm starting today :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • leveejohn
    Options
    Welcome aboard Danae!!!
  • KetoKaHee
    Options