SEPTEMBER 2014 MYAC

Options
JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,920 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the September 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies! :drinker:

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, , NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Monday, September 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles moved each time you update.

Please don't post any August miles here. We will update the August spreadsheet once everyone has reported their August miles to the August thread - Please add only your SEPTEMBER goals/miles to this thread.

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us. You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work. Sorry, but we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved in this challenge - ONLY DISTANCE.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. wink ) The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Once the thread hits 500 posts it will roll to a 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th part. Click the link on the last post that says <continued at this topic> to post your update. The main MYAC Group page will always list the current thread though.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself! drinker

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times....:laugh: ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :happy:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JTH11706
    Options
    Ok, I'm in for 100. Hello to my old friends and welcome to the new ones.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi there! And a big thanks to darkrider42, dinos, hkristine, and you for all that you do here :-)

I am in for 100 this time. I am really going to have to focus If I am going to make this - Can't wait! :smile:

Will do it by: Walking, walk/jog, running, elliptical, cybex, treadmill, and stationary bike.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 95 for September please!
  • ala140
    ala140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 75 this month.

Thanks!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with 80 miles again. Thanks.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    I am in for 75
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 200 miles this month! :laugh:

Chris
  • JTH11706
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 175 miles for September. We'll see how my left thigh does. Have struggled in August, but I am starting to feel better with less pain.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am going to try for 200 miles for September.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,965 Member
    Options
    September goal is 210 miles for running / walking
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for goal of 100 miles running, walking and occasional elliptical for September. Thanks once again to the spreadsheet Gods and Goddesses that keep this group going! :flowerforyou:
  • godsmissiongal
    Options
    Since I am new here and just starting out really. I will try to do 60 miles for the month.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 220km.
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am going with 65
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to set my goal this month. :huh: Changed work hours (again) but I also have a week long vacation that will include a lot of hiking.:bigsmile: I know myself well enough not to set it too far out of reach. :ohwell:

OK, put me down for 150 miles. Mostly walking and hiking but I do have the bike to help add miles.

And add me to the list of THANK YOU's to the mods for keeping this board running and the spreadsheet updated. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We may not say it enough, but we really do appreciate all that you do. I for one really do count on this group to keep me going and remind me not to give up when things get tough. Again, THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hard one for me, its a short month and going to be away somewhere too hot to walk much outside for a week. Will just try for 50 miles.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My son has left home and taken the exercise bike with him - I'm gutted!! I actually looked forward to my daily 10 minutes - it was a fabulous way to start the day.

We intend to replace it with something - possibly an elliptical. In the meantime I'm going to bid for 150 FitBit miles.

Here's to a fabulous September - and ???????????? ???????? ???????????? ???????????? ???????????? ???????? ???????????? for the moderators.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I have CE to go to this month so I'll be gone for a week. Put me in for 300.
This discussion has been closed.