September check-in and chat.. lift like septimus prime!

Options

Replies

• katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    OHP: warm-up + 67.5x5, 72.5x3, 82.5x3 - these are getting really hard!

DL: warm-up + 155x5, 175x3, 195x4 - must invest in some chalk; my body can deffo do more but my grip fails!

Accessories:
    Upright rows @ 65 - 5, 8, 8
    Asst. pull-ups 3x8
    SLDL @ 110 - 3x8
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...day 2 of wendler...DL day...DH forgot and did wood today...hehe...I made him workout anyway...:devil: *cracks the whip*

So warm up went like this...75x5, 95x5, 115x3 then working sets 122.5x5, 142.5x5 and last 162.5x7...the husband did 20 on the last set...:noway:

Acc work leg raises (just bodyweight) 30, 16, 11,11,9.....calls for glute ham raises but no real place to do them so we did leg curls 16, 9,9,9,12...hammies are like weeble wobbles....:laugh:

Gonna try for a walk today...after my legs aren't like jello...

no real doms from yesterday which surprised me...a little tender later in the day in the middle of my back and my triceps down through my lats but all n all a good day.

@Katro I love my chalk...I even chalk my legs when I wear shorts (saw a guy with severe chaffing from doing DL on his legs....ETP group...don't want that....:noway: )

@glwerth I agree I find if I get some good hardy food into me at lunch (lift after evening meal) my lifts go much better...carby stuff...nom nom...
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Today's workout was a "light" day. i still feel it lol

Squats: warm up + 5@60,70,80,80
    OHP: 5@45,45,45,50
    DL: 5@75,85,100,115

I got a big package of chalk on sale. My brother and I aren't even done 1 square of it yet. It's going to take a while to get through it all. I find it really helpful on DLs :smile:
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5 / Workout B (Day 10)
    - Still in love!

Incline leg press: 5x5 @ 345 lbs
    - Shoulders are almost ready for squats! I think I'll be there before the end of the month.

OHP: 5x5 @ 30 lbs.
    - Finally found the barbell that's been MIA for weeks!

DL: 1x5 @ 105 lbs.
    - Started with a few warm-up reps with very little weight just to get a lock on my form. Helped immensely!

:) C.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is my tenth day of lifting.

Squat 5x5 at 79lb
    Overhead press 5x5 at 40.5lb
    Deadlift 5 at 145lb

That's the third day I've lifted 40.5lb on the OHP. I need to pluck up the courage to put another 5lb on. The deadlift was tough, but the first time I've lifted above my body weight, 10% more in fact.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Delete double post
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    SQ 120. Going to 125 Friday. If successful, I will have met a goal I made for myself to squat my body weight.

Row 65 and it felt easy. For a minute I thought I grabbed the "women's" bar but confirmed it was olympic. I seemed to have corrected the problem of lifting my right arm higher than my left just by paying attention to it. My shoulder felt normal after instead of sore.

Bench 70 which was challenging but doable. Going to give 75 a try again. Failed before and deloaded. I conciously put myself in the powerlifting form with back arched and feet firm on the floor and it felt good.

Ugh OHP next time :mad: I feel like no matter what the weight is, it still sucks.
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Day 10 (9/10/14) of SL:

Squats: Warm-up + 5x5 @ 60 lbs.
    OHP: Warm-up + 5x5 @ 55 lbs.
    DL: Warm-up + 5 @ 105 lbs.

OHP was pretty hard, so may not be able to move to 60# next time. Will try though!!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    OHP: warm-up + 67.5x5, 72.5x3, 82.5x3 - these are getting really hard!

DL: warm-up + 155x5, 175x3, 195x4 - must invest in some chalk; my body can deffo do more but my grip fails!

Accessories:
    Upright rows @ 65 - 5, 8, 8
    Asst. pull-ups 3x8
    SLDL @ 110 - 3x8

I have 7 more blocks of chalk in my freezer. I wonder if I could ship 1 or 2 over lol. I'm never going to run through all this! xD

Bench Press 5/3/1 day. Bench has been going great this cycle so I was all pumped up before bed last night. Then this morning forgot my water bottle AND my pen, was stuck fiddling with my phone and running to the water fountain after every set, it pissed me off, and I'm tired, and ugh...

90x5
    102.5x3
    115x5

Overall not too bad, but I was hoping for at least 6-7 reps. Ah well

Almost did get my 3x10 assisted pull-ups, so I'll reduce my assistance next time anyway.

Did EMOTM x6 of a single 95lbs clean

2 rounds of ring rows, hollow rocks, hand release push-ups and side planks

finished off with3 rounds of
    -180 single jumps
    -10 box jump overs (20')
    -9 barbell manchilds (power clean + thruster) @ 65lbs

for time: 15:45 or so. To note I had to 1) tie my shoes, 2) run to the water fountain twice, 3) hit my pinky badly with the bar on the first manchild rep, 4) fell ON the box on a missed jump in the last round...

Not my day so far. I had breakfast but I'm still Hangry. *sigh* I still have some sleep to catch up on apparently...
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nice workout last night - I'm proud of myself for taking it slow getting back into lifting after an irregular workout pattern over the summer. Last night another nice easy workout: stretched and warmed up before hand and all exercises had various warm up sets.

Squats: 145 5x5
    OHP: 55 5x5
    DL: 155 5x5

Then a circuit of the following for 3x10
    CGBP: 65, 65, 55
    DB Curl: 15, 15, 12.5
    Rows: 65, 65, 55

Looking back over my workout journal,I can see that even when I was lifting regularly last spring and early summer I was not disciplined - DL were confounding me - so (what?!) I did them less often. I hated rows and basically never did them.

So: for now I'll just work the program and see what happens.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Workout A today (Day 13)

Squats - bodyweight x 30, bodyweight + 20lb plate x 20
    My knee is still bothered so I am taking a break from squats until it heals more

BP - 5x5 @ 65
    Row - 5x5@ 65

Then I added in 40 pushups and a few planks.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've posted all September, but I've still been lifting, and lurking around.

This week has been a busy one. I was in Texas over the weekend for my sister's bridal shower, I ate like crazy. I also, however, did some weights and a 20 minute jog on Friday.

Sunday, 3.3 mile hike and the hills were INSANE.
    Monday, did some OHP tweaking with my trainer, and a 5k run
    Tuesday, 5k run
    Wednesday, did my SL5x5, 155lb squats, 75lb OHP (deload from 85), and 205lb deadlift. :D
    Today? Gonna hit a 2 mile run and head to the park to practice monkey bars for my Spartan Sprint this Sunday.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Here I am pulling 205lbs.

nd8tgo.jpg
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Here I am pulling 205lbs.

nd8tgo.jpg

I will catch up to you!!! haha

Yesterday I squatted 135 3x5 I am mentally not prepared for the big girl plates.. They intimidate me, so i load up all the little one on there. :laugh: I will go for 5x5 tomorrow.
    ohp 60 5,4,3,2,4 never tried 60 before so i knew i wouldn't get them all.
    DL 155 1x5 Felt good. Made alot of grunts! :blushing:

SC dl 120 3x8
    Bulgarian split squat. 10 3x12
    hip thrust constant tension with my squat sponge (i love it!) 65 3x20
    some other hip rotation thingy for 15

Felling good about the lifts when i eat at TDEE lately. Super hungry today though, better go eat more food.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Then I added in 40 pushups and a few planks.

OMG! 40 pushups?!!??

You're a beast (in the best way possible!)
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Everyone is killing it lately--including @massage97's baby--HE DOES PULLUPS! Seriously though, every time I come into this thread to post and peek around, I am inspired by what all of you do. The weights alone are impressive, but I know everyone has busy schedules, families, obligations, jobs, school, and "life issues" too. The fact that you are all diligent with your training is what makes me enjoy this group so much. Keep it up!!!!

Anyway, Workout A:
    Squat 105lbs 5x5
    Bench 80lbs 5x5
    Row 80lbs 5x5
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    with my squat sponge

. . . mcwhat? the only thing i can think of is 'if you're wetting yourself when you squat, then maybe it's time to deload.'

workout a, oy vey. weird, that's all.

squats: 2x5@30, 1x5@45, 1x5@50 . . . and then it all went to hell. i was supposed to do 7x7 at 70, but i just couldn't get my form sorted out. did 2 sets like that and i think one with 5 reps, then i deloaded back to 65 and did . . . i just don't know. a whole bunch of sets of 5, trying to sort out my form. it was more than 7 anyway. then i gave up.

bench: went well. 8x8@45, didn't bother to warm up

rows: another mess. supposed to be 8x8@60 today but i couldn't get a bar, couldn't find weights that were exactly 30lb. so i found a 32.5 lb kettlebell and did one-arms instead, leaning on a platform that wasn't a bench. definitely didn't make 8x8 of this one, but i think i did 4 or 5x8. not even sure about that because some woman came up and started nattering at me while i was halfway through and i lost count. then at the very end of everything, i got a bare 30lb bars and did 2x12 in the full bent-over pendlay format, just because. i think with rows maybe i should deload myself all the way back to square one and start again, with better attention to form. it's such a horrible lift because if the weights are too light you can't feel it - but if they're too heavy there's so much going on that i still can't feel whatever i'm supposed to be feeling with it.

squats take two: i just kind of, i dunno, got mad or something. left the gym for a while, read for a bit, thought it over, and went back and did 6x7@70 with pretty strong form after all. go figure. couldn't get the last set because someone was lined up, but i reckon i can count this one just because of the amount that i'd already done at the start. i feel like i done DONE my squats for this time.

some accessory stuff: couple sumo deadlifts at very light weight, just because someone somewhere on youtube said it's a good glutes-kicker-in-the-butt-er, which i need. lower-ab 'heel taps', sorely needed. 2x5 very slow controlled pullups with 70lb of assist (amounts to almost 60lb of body right now). and i took over the smith machine for a while and did a few more from that bar, in that incline-plank kind of idea. just trying to learn how to engage my lats atm and i think it's going quite well. i actually HAVE lats, which i didn't last saturday.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Everyone is killing it lately--including @massage97's baby--HE DOES PULLUPS!

:bigsmile: He does take after me. He can squat like you can't believe. DL anyof his large toys. Even picks up a 10 lb weight with one hand. He's 18 months next week. Oh and eats like his mama too which means he's at the 99% for height and weight but he is solid at 33 lbs.
    with my squat sponge

. . . mcwhat? the only thing i can think of is 'if you're wetting yourself when you squat, then maybe it's time to deload.'

:laugh:
  • lizafava2
    Options
    SUPER EXCITED

I FINALLY did my OHP @ 95 pounds 5x5. Triple digit OHP here I come! I have a competition in November that includes presses for time. Really wanting to work up to 105 5x5 by then :D

Squats 205 5x5. I stayed the same weight because I ran an hour before lifting. I usually space that out a little bit better. In any case, only one rep was a little iffy so thats good.

Deadlift 255 1x5
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Man, it sounds like September's starting out great for everyone! Woo hoo!

I have a baby shower for my BFF tonight after work so I lifted this morning instead. Yep. Now I know why I don't normally lift in the mornings on week days. Ugh. Thankfully it was my de-load workout.

Squats - warm up + 3x8 @ 130lbs
    Bench - warm up + 3x8 @ 72.5lbs
    DL - warm up + 3x8 @ 140lbs
    OHP - warm up + 3x8 @ 57.5lbs