What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    So many good books are being listed! Ready Player One is one of my favorite books. American Gods was awesome too.

Hello everyone, I'm Chris and I am currently reading Spellbound. I got it free from Amazon. So far it's okay.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start Blood Mirror by Brent Weeks tomorrow. I absolutely love his series.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finished bloodlines (the star wars book) yesterday. it was ok.

Aha - just saw this one. I liked that one as well. Today I just finished the latest Star Wars novel, Ahsoka, and dug it too.

http://nerdist.com/new-ahsoka-novel-is-a-must-read-for-clone-wars-fans-review/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finished bloodlines (the star wars book) yesterday. it was ok.

Aha - just saw this one. I liked that one as well. Today I just finished the latest Star Wars novel, Ahsoka, and dug it too.

http://nerdist.com/new-ahsoka-novel-is-a-must-read-for-clone-wars-fans-review/

I heard of it. Might pick it up. I hope we learn for sure about what happened to her in Star Wars rebels though.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore :smiley:
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    Half Made Girls by by Sam Witt
    Far better than I expected.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm rereading the Percy Jackson series now! I'm almost done with the Battle of the Labyrinth.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm reading/ Listening to Lincoln in the Bardo. So good! They have 100+ narrators and it starts with nick offerman narrating a piece. Really great.
  • dogfeathers81
    dogfeathers81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Passage right now.
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Update: I super enjoyed it, now working on the second one in that series.
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The Oryx and Crake series by Margaret Atwood, which I haven't been able to finish yet cuz I'm so busy. These books are AMAZING, they really make you think. It's sort of a post apocalyptic Sci first type of series, only 3 books long and the books are pretty cheap paperbacks afaik
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Warriors - Power of Three: Long Shadows
    Adventure Time #11 (I have all the comics produced up to the present)

I know the "cat" books are really intended for young teens, but a lot of the subject matter, while handled in an age appropriate manner, is much deeper than many of the "adult" books I've had the misfortune of reading.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just finished Dragonlance: Sellsword, now I have to find the next two at book sales.
    Started Dark Tower IV Wizard and Glass, I'm looking forward to some hot weathered some deck time for reading.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who read about serial killers, unsolved missing persons, famous unsolved murders, and general criminal profiling? I can't get enough of it!

I bring my kindle to the gym and ready 3-7 books a week (when I'm not sick that is)!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just finished up Windwith by Susan Dennard.

I'm now reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman (for the 2nd time). I wanted to re-read it before the tv show starts.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The Dresden Files: Grave Peril (book #3). Almost done with it, so book #4: Summer Knight is next.
  • Dinklc
    Dinklc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who read about serial killers, unsolved missing persons, famous unsolved murders, and general criminal profiling? I can't get enough of it!

I bring my kindle to the gym and ready 3-7 books a week (when I'm not sick that is)!

I love those too!! I listen to True Crime Garage also they are amazing!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Currently bouncing between The Waste Lands (Dark Tower III) and The Last Days of Archopalasia. I’m sure that most know what the former is, but the latter is a tie-in book for the Torment: Tides of Numenera game, which is the new(-ish) spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,684 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just started re-reading Andre Norton and was so excited to find so many available online. But what I desired most was a single book cover. Her prolific career spanning seventy years, 130 novels, 100 short stories and anthologies didn't help my search. And I couldn't remember the title, just a vague image of a tall slender doglike creature and its traveling companion, then...
    y2gb0oic4ey5.jpeg
    Oddly, my memory was of them pointed the other direction, with the "dog" standing on the cart, not in the forefront. But close enough. :)