What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ottok89 wrote: »
    Im struggling to finish the game of thrones books right now. Hallway through the fourth book. Spoilers are almost impossible to avoid but i still enjoy them. In just such a slow reader.

The fourth was a hard one for me. I felt it focused too much on character that I hadn't invested in and meandered so I struggled through it. But book 5 was pretty good so it's worth the struggle. You can do eeeeet!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel A fantastic blend of history and fantasy. The more I read the more I love it
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first five books of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, now taking a break from that series and thinking about the Harry Potter books. I have only seen the movies...

Still patiently waiting for the third book in the Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss. These books are a must-read for any and all geeks!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Starwars: Aftermath which tells a story in the outer rim that takes place just after Return of the Jedi.
  • kayberr89
    kayberr89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ottok89 wrote: »
    Im struggling to finish the game of thrones books right now. Hallway through the fourth book. Spoilers are almost impossible to avoid but i still enjoy them. In just such a slow reader.

Oh, don't worry. I feel so terrible about admitting it, but I love the TV show way more than the books (I know, I'm terrible) but the books are just so damn slow. Too many characters I just don't care about.
  • kayberr89
    kayberr89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ryry62685 wrote: »
    Starwars: Aftermath which tells a story in the outer rim that takes place just after Return of the Jedi.

Have you read all of them!? I wanted to start with the Starwars books but didn't know where to start. ..
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A Clash of Kings (George RR Martin)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    kayberr89 wrote: »
    ryry62685 wrote: »

Have you read all of them!? I wanted to start with the Starwars books but didn't know where to start. ..

This is the first book I've read in the new EU. I'm not sure it matters where you start because I don't believe any of the books at this point directly tie in to the movie.
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot of Star Wars. I have two shelves full of these books. They are great reads especially the older published stuff when Lucas had a team that made sure they all followed continuity before they were published.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    baenling wrote: »
    I'm just getting started on Mistborn. A friend described it to me as 'Fantasy Oceans Eleven' so I was super keen to get it, lol

I hope you enjoyed that book. I'm a big Sanderson fan. I've been doing a lot of nonfiction lately. I just finished "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nahesi Coates. It was challenging.
  • MidnightVixen
    MidnightVixen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am actually rereading the Sweep novels...and this interesting Jane Austen-esque fantasy book called Glamour in the Glass, which is the second book of a series.
  • tchmnky
    tchmnky Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Mistborn series was great. I just started the Wheel of Time series again. I'm hoping to get all the way through it this time. I'm currently reading book 6 (Lord of Chaos).
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Just read Divine Misfortune by A. Lee Martinez and am starting a Star Trek Novel: Vulcan's Glory by D.C. Fontana (It's kind of making me cringe, so I'm not sure how far I'm going to make it)
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just started reading "You're Never Weird On the Internet (Almost)" by Felicia Day, then got "The Magicians Apprentice" by Trudi Canavan lined up next
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    AndyRogan wrote: »
    Just started reading "You're Never Weird On the Internet (Almost)" by Felicia Day, then got "The Magicians Apprentice" by Trudi Canavan lined up next

I had to get the t-shirt.. and the hooded sweatshirt. I love them :D "Embrace Your Weird!"
  • Bambalina22
    Bambalina22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Reading I let you go by Claire Mackintosh literally just started it :)
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've just started "The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey. The movie looks really good and I'd like to finish reading the book before I see it.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Reading Robin and the King by Parke Godwin and lining up to re-read the Harry Potter series next because I'm feeling nostalgic.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dorethy must die. Its awesome so far
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finished the Road to Star Wars Awakens and glad I did, it was interesting!

Now re-reading the Alloy of Law from Brandon Sanderson so I can eventually catch up with the 3rd one that is coming out soon...