What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I have a book on blues guitar and another on how to make electric guitars sound great. I'm learning how to do my own guitar maintenance.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I have a book on blues guitar and another on how to make electric guitars sound great. I'm learning how to do my own guitar maintenance.
    Hi there Devestator, We seem to have a couple of similar interests, having just seen your comments in another group on my recent conversion from rice cakes to avocado. Nice sense of humor (yes?) :naughty:
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Hi there Devestator, We seem to have a couple of similar interests, having just seen your comments in another group on my recent conversion from rice cakes to avocado. Nice sense of humor (yes?) :naughty:
    Well I play guitar really badly (the neighbors love me), I'm learning Johnny B Goode by Chuck Berry which I always thought was a great tune, and I am doing low carb because I'm so fat but I'm losing weight again. :) The sense of humor is a work in progress, I'm actually reading a comedy writing book on my kindle that I received as a gift.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    HOW ARE YOU DOING? :naughty::devil:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    HOW ARE YOU DOING? :naughty::devil:
    Sent you a PM o:)

• hititskip
    hititskip Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished an advance copy of a book coming out in summer called I Am Still Alive. I loved it and would definitely recommend it for anyone enjoyed Hatchet.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the short story collection The Starlit Wood. Very nice. There are plenty of books of reimagined fairy tales out there, but most of these take it a bit further and get a bit weirder with it. Like re-imagining Hansel and Gretel as a near-future sci-fi about the roommate of a drug manufacturer semi-adopting a pair of abused kids who wander into their apartment and start sampling the goods.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've just started William Gibson's The Peripheral, trying to get back into his writing style.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Maps of Meaning - Jordan Peterson

Blowing my mind good.
  • ChozoSpectre
    ChozoSpectre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sleeping Beauties -Stephen King ;D
  • johngburton
    johngburton Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs: A New History of a Lost World - Steve Brusatte
    Star Wars Last Shot - Daniel José Older
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
    Weep No More, My Lady by Mary Higgins Clark
  • MelmothWanders
    Options
    The City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Artemis by Andy Weir. I love it, though I'm not as hooked straight away as I was with The Martian.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Tearing my way through The Dark Tower; currently about 25% of the way through Wizard and Glass. I was inspired to finally pick it up after a hilarious rant from my girlfriend about how *kitten* the movie was. It’s been her favorite series of books since she was a young teenager.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Tearing my way through The Dark Tower; currently about 25% of the way through Wizard and Glass. I was inspired to finally pick it up after a hilarious rant from my girlfriend about how *kitten* the movie was. It’s been her favorite series of books since she was a young teenager.

Normally I can breeze through Stephen King books, and I enjoyed the Dark Tower books, but I had a really hard slog getting through this one.

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »

Normally I can breeze through Stephen King books, and I enjoyed the Dark Tower books, but I had a really hard slog getting through this one.

Wizard and Glass was a long slog for me, too. I thought I was the only one who didn't love it. Most say it's their favorite of the series.
  • MelmothWanders
    Options
    Just read Passing Strange by Ellen Klages, now onto Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.
  • MelmothWanders
    Options
    Obscura by Joe Hart
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    A Troublesome Inheritance - Nicholas Wade