What book are you reading?

Options
I'm currently reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I love the Divergent series so much! What are you reading?

Replies

• adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    just finished my 3 reread of the kingkiller chronicles by Patrick Rothfus and started on Jim Butchers - Furies of Cauldron

any fantasy nerds out there have to read the name of the wind and wise mans fear (kingkiller chronicles)
  • Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Murder at the Palace: An Eleanor Roosevelt Mystery. I'm a mystery fan!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Rereading Fahrenheit 451 for the first time since high school. Also about to start the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Rereading Fahrenheit 451 for the first time since high school. Also about to start the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

I'm reading the Outlander series! Love it. Currently waiting for "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" from the library.

Currently reading, "You Are Not So Smart: Why You Have Too Many Friends on Facebook, Why Your Memory Is Mostly Fiction, and 46 Other Ways You're Deluding Yourself" by David McRaney. Nonfiction about how psychological biases color our perceptions (and internal conceptions of truth). Very, very interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Not-So-Smart/dp/1592407366
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Divergent &
    Face of God by Bill Myers
  • emilycwright85
    emilycwright85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey comes out tomorrow! Can't wait!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The Book of Beasts by John Barrowman and his sister. Also I guess, technically, the Wind in the Keyhole from Stephen King but frankly I started it over a month ago and it's just so boring I don't know when/if I will finish it.

I just finished Four by Veronica Roth. So over waiting for the 3rd of the Kingkiller Chronicles...
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The Book of Beasts by John Barrowman and his sister. Also I guess, technically, the Wind in the Keyhole from Stephen King but frankly I started it over a month ago and it's just so boring I don't know when/if I will finish it.

I just finished Four by Veronica Roth. So over waiting for the 3rd of the Kingkiller Chronicles...

I'll get to Four eventually too. Looks really good and I have it already. I would love to see a prequel about Tris's mom. Such a great character and, from what we know about her, she just always intrigued me.
  • adamtall
    Options
    So over waiting for the 3rd of the Kingkiller Chronicles...

oh my god me too although im excited about the auri novella in october
  • Francl27
    Options

Yes it's pre-ordered. But it will be nice to understand her more, she confuses the hell out of me.
  • bunsen561
    bunsen561 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Methuselah's Children by RAH.
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    just finished my 3 reread of the kingkiller chronicles by Patrick Rothfus and started on Jim Butchers - Furies of Cauldron

any fantasy nerds out there have to read the name of the wind and wise mans fear (kingkiller chronicles)

Kingkiller Chronicles has been on my "must read" list for too long. I'm finishing Queen of the Tearling right now but these will have to be next.
  • adamtall
    Options

Yes it's pre-ordered. But it will be nice to understand her more, she confuses the hell out of me.

preordered as well :) i think i kind of got a feel for her but im sure the book will raise more questions than it answers because you know pat hates us.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Murder mystery series by Victoria Houston ...... "Dead Lake" ...... "Dead Jitterbug" ...... "Dead Madonna" ...... you get the idea ..... quite a bunch of characters ...... reminds me of the movie "Fargo" ...... and lots of references to fly-fishing, boating, hunting, drinking and so on :drinker:

Great fun !
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I'll second that!! WONDERFUL books!
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am on Book 5 in The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I think I need to take a break before going on to 6-12. The names and places keep popping up in my head.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Unstable Prototypes - Joseph Lallo
  • adamtall
    Options
    I am on Book 5 in The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I think I need to take a break before going on to 6-12. The names and places keep popping up in my head.

ive heard so much about the WoT series and its so one side or the other never in between. people either love it or think its to long and drawn out and hate it. what is your take on it

also great ticker i love AoT
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options

ive heard so much about the WoT series and its so one side or the other never in between. people either love it or think its to long and drawn out and hate it. what is your take on it

"I hate to say it, but after the other author took over the books got a LOT better. I don't think it's ever a good idea for a writer to have his/her significant other being their editor," she said while pulling on her braid ...
  • Francl27
    Options

"I hate to say it, but after the other author took over the books got a LOT better. I don't think it's ever a good idea for a writer to have his/her significant other being their editor," she said while pulling on her braid ...

I have to re-read them to be honest, I read the first ones pretty fast then had to wait months between the last few, so yes it got a bit confusing at times, lol. But yes Brandon Sanderson did an amazing job (but again, I love what that guy does anyway, plus he's a very cool fellow).