What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• phoenixiam
    phoenixiam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As you wish - Inconceivable tales from the making of the Princess Bride. Its an easy quick read. This is one of my favorite movies.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Finished Deathstalker, was fine, wouldn't call it a favorite. Then buzzed through Wings of Fire:The Dragonete Prophesy (Kid Lit, will have to buy the next "for my son") The Giver (really enjoyed it up till the climax, nothing against non-happy endings as long as they make sense for the characters) Got about 1/4 of the way into Whitechapel Gods when a cat dumped a glass of water in it. . .so back to reading free internet smut till it dries.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just finished Warlord of Mars, started on Chessmen of Mars and read A princess of Mars before those. Been on an old school acidic/adventure bent lately. Started with The time machine a few weeks ago after trying to find my copy of The time ships, ( did you know there was a sequel to the original?) and I think next up is the prewar era scifi classics.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Drewlssix wrote: »
    Just finished Warlord of Mars, started on Chessmen of Mars and read A princess of Mars before those. Been on an old school acidic/adventure bent lately. Started with The time machine a few weeks ago after trying to find my copy of The time ships, ( did you know there was a sequel to the original?) and I think next up is the prewar era scifi classics.
    That's supposed to be "scifi/adventure". Not acidic.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that LOL.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the second book of the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks now... I haven't been that caught in a story since the Sanderson Stormlight archives book. So good. Still wish I had realized the last book wasn't out for another year before I started though, but I have another one after that.
  • gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Book 2 of The 100 series called Day 21. I'm also making my way through the Hellraiser collections. I'm on Vol 4 right now.
  • Desalinadokaz
    Desalinadokaz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fated by Benedict Jacka
  • NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    SevenEves by Neal Stephenson
  • on_the_other_side
    on_the_other_side Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mind's Eye by Douglas E. Richards. Fun so far!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Second book of the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm currently re-reading 'Pride Prejudice and Zombies'. I love reading about genteel ladies mastering the deadly arts.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Martian. I wanted to make sure to read it before the movie came out. Great read!
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a whole stack of Neil Gaiman books that I'm about to make my way through
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Gaiman's Sandman series is still my favorite by him, but I also love Good Omens by him and Terry Pratchett.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sandman, Good Omens, Anansi Boys, and American Gods. Love them all. Now I'm trying to catch up on his newer stuff
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just finished Scoundrels and about to start Honor Among Thieves! Ah, Star Wars literature!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Almost done with Fool Moon by Jim Butcher (book #2 of the Dresden Files)
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Rereading Fahrenheit 451 for the first time since high school. Also about to start the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

I'm reading the Outlander series! Love it. Currently waiting for "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" from the library.

Currently reading, "You Are Not So Smart: Why You Have Too Many Friends on Facebook, Why Your Memory Is Mostly Fiction, and 46 Other Ways You're Deluding Yourself" by David McRaney. Nonfiction about how psychological biases color our perceptions (and internal conceptions of truth). Very, very interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Not-So-Smart/dp/1592407366

That sounds really mad and really interesting! Thanks for sharing. X
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Long Utopia (RIP TP!) and started Finders Keepers... Not long ago completed Hitchiker's Guide...read it ended so abruptly and rather darkly after Adam's untimely death... But was put off trying the remake... Anyone recommend it?